Sharjah Driving Area

Raced someone? Spotted a Member? Share with us here!
prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 24 Jan 2008, 10:39 pm

Came across a great driving area out past Sharjah airport today, where the Al Dhaid road has a turn-off to the right towards Dubai and Abu Dhabi called the Dubai Bypass Road, that ends out at Academic City, near Outlet Mall...

Well, it's a large residential project, where they have finished all the road with perfect tarmac (and curbs! careful...) but there is zero construction!

So you have all these empty roads and no buildings or any construction happening now - perfect!

This is what it looks like - zero traffic! 8) Can be seen from Dubai Bypass Road, so stay on the inside ones far from the highway.

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 24 Jan 2008, 11:39 pm

Ahh man! i've been looking for this place!!

U know those roads have been built for years now! I heard it was a place for beginners to learn driving! I vouch for next meet to be held here and we practice some track driving!!! :D

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 25 Jan 2008, 10:09 am

Yeah, maybe this could be our location for our Feb 29th SKILL MEET... but we need a system to control speed so that we don't end up having crazies flipping their cars over the curbs...

Thing is our meets are open to anyone who visits the forum, so we really don't know who's going to show up. The location and time is public.

Notice how for the Al Ain DRIVE part it was private and invitation only - that way I knew who was coming and therefore could be sure there weren't any crazies showing up (well, define crazies!!!!! LOOOOOOL) You know what I mean :wink: we're crazies with a brain... :D

If we MEET at a location that just is begging for someone to race, that's what we're going to get...

What do you guys think? As I see it, a MEET is public and it's park and chat, no driving. So holding it at a very public place where people cannot race is perfect - like our Dec and Jan meets.

I do also like the idea of DRIVES, because after all we all love that! :!: but then we need some control over who comes...

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 27 Jan 2008, 3:04 pm

hmmm i didnt get a private invitation from u -
does tht mean im a crazy driver PR ? hoping to flip my car ?

SD -

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 28 Jan 2008, 10:01 am

Dude, you're invited to set this up with me!!! :D :!:

But still please don't flip your car, man! :wink:

What do you think? If we hold our Feb 29th SKILL MEET at a location like this one, and set up a nice precision obstacle track in one corner, do you think other guys will zoom around like crazy while waiting their turn?

I'm pretty sure there will be at least a few that won't be able to resist gunning in the empty parking lot... it's just sooooo inviting! :!: I mean, even myself, and I consider myself to be a careful mature driver, when I'm in an empty parking lot, far from any traffic, I'll give the little Jazz a bit of exercise... :!:

But, if we're there as a group, as official representatives of uaeboost, at an official MEET, then we got to make sure that doesn't happen.

I think we should keep the MEET strictly park and chat and open to the public, but run any DRIVES as private non-club events.

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 28 Jan 2008, 12:55 pm

lol kool...
ofcourse i am in on helping u to make this.no doubt about tht.

so is the driving skill happening or cancelled ?

u should keep it on whose cars are fit of it, cars tht are enabled with a few mods on it, especially suspension mods. :D :D

just a suggestion
SD -

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 30 Jan 2008, 3:23 pm

It's happening, bud - I don't cancel stuff I set out to do, except for extreme reasons. 8)

But we still need to find the location - small parking lot, always empty.

The Sharjah location I posted above is great for speed trials, but not for a skill, precision kind of track we're planning for Feb 29th.

Too much empty area where people might race around while we are doing our thing.

Or, we do the DRIVE part there and then MEET somewhere else nearby...

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 01 Feb 2008, 1:23 pm

kool...

we could have the meet 1st. not for too long but mixing around for while, and then drive down together by the leader (who is u) to the parking lot.

im still looking out for a deserted parking lot, but everything i see - i see full of cars... lol, i heard 600-700 cars are registered everyday in UAE.
well anyway - im still looking out....

SD -

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 20 Feb 2008, 2:48 am

hey guyz i am in with u all ,if u guyz allow me and feel like i can help u

Acs_Bimmer
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Bmw

Post by Acs_Bimmer » 11 May 2008, 12:44 pm

hey i also want to go here! can you guys give me the directions