Al Warqa'a Thread

Raced someone? Spotted a Member? Share with us here!
Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 23 Sep 2006, 12:51 pm

Al Koobi wrote:and for got to tell u hammod the supra white with jun stikers...........was allo. the owner of the old mark 2 may be u guyz remeber its his new car..he just changed the engine of 7m to 1jz................and now in ramadan he wuill drift in that car
will he be drifting in warqa or mamzar ?? i think warqa is a betta place to drift !

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 23 Sep 2006, 12:53 pm

WTF wrote:1000+ crowd ? hhmmm !! and also a single police car ? i dont think so that police are that stupid to handle them alone and not ask for a backup !!!
1000+ crowd or a huge crowd is not an easy thing to handle.....when drifting was takin place....the cops came later.....but when all the incident of throwing bottles happened..........they called for back up and around 4 cops cars were there !

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 03 Oct 2006, 9:29 am

Anybody read the second page of todays 7Days???? - Here let me post the article!!!!!!!!!

Police have confiscated 13 vehicles and are hunting for 22 others in a crackdown on youths who pour diesel on roads to perform dangerous stunts. Police seized the vehicles in the early hours of Sunday morning after the youths covered the roundabout in Al Waraqa with fuel to perform skids.

The area has become a meeting place for youths who use the roundabouts to drive in circles at high speed. Undercover police filmed 35 cars. They seized 13, and are hunting for the other 22. “We have their licence plate numbers and believe me, when we get them it will be a very long time before those irresponsible drivers could see their cars again,” Brigadier Abdul-Jaleel Mahdi, head of protective safety at Dubai police, told 7DAYS.

Drivers of the confiscated cars will also face hefty fines and possible prosecutions for reckless driving and endangering the lives of other motorists, said Brigadier Khamis Al Mazeina, the director of the Criminal Investigation Department at Dubai police. The diesel-covered roads are hard to spot but highly dangerous to unsuspecting motorists. Rob Nicholas, who rides a motorbike in Dubai, says he has fallen off before after hitting a fuel spill. Brigadier Al Mazeina said special police units have been formed to tackle the menace.

Does anybody else see this? - Undercover cops used to always be in Warqa. During Ramadan everyone used to play around there and nuthing used to be done.
But when u start messing around - and throwing bottles and beating the cops this is what happens!! :nono:

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 03 Oct 2006, 10:11 am

Hahahaha.. let me quote Sam:

"No man, we are going to warqa.. they put oil on the road and are doing burnouts."

As i said many times, maybe we should leave the "boy racers" thing behind us... (warqa), and become mature (autodrome).

Edit: plus, how stupid can a guy be? Doing this is one of the hottest places for dubai police... Call me un-cool not going to warqa, but i will be the uncool guy who still has a car next month

:P

Sorry for joking on this, but this was coming from FAR AWAY already..

So, who from UB was there?

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 03 Oct 2006, 11:30 am

ya man i just read this in gulf news ! this is damn crap ! undercover cops all the time in warqa .....i dunno what will happen this whole Ramadan over there.... ?? itz gonna be boring.....no burnouts...no drifting.... whats gonna happen now ?!??!

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 03 Oct 2006, 1:58 pm

mikeh wrote:Hahahaha.. let me quote Sam:

"No man, we are going to warqa.. they put oil on the road and are doing burnouts."

As i said many times, maybe we should leave the "boy racers" thing behind us... (warqa), and become mature (autodrome).
Haha! Dammit, they got few of them already! It used to be fun last Ramadhan, but I guess this year's gonna be different! LOL! I didn't go for Warqa last Thursday when all this happened. It wouldn't have made any difference anyway. I just missed the fun part of it.

:P Yes that sure is the "boy racers" thing, but its more fun for the audience (like me) than for the one who's actually doing it and knows that he'll be caught someday or the other. Whatever happened last weekend was just insane. I wouldn't recommend doing all that on "public roads" to such an extent. Gathering around with friends in an area with sand hills and cool air is what I'm talking about -- those burnouts are just extra fun.

:)

Edit: Accord98, thanks for that article!! (Y)

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 04 Oct 2006, 6:19 am

whatever u guys say 'boy racer', 'become mature (autodrome)'... being black listed is extra fun 8) ... I can tell u for sure with in the ppl were drifting, there were cops or related to cops (wasta) too... n thts da reason only few will get caught just to show 'DXB Police is in action :lol: ' n the story will end :lol: ... u will c... n my personal view autodrom sucks, ask why? even if they open door to go for few laps, wht da hell, jus give round n round n round... road racing got much more fun thn tht... sure a term will rise called DANGER... but I say u r in danger whenever u sit in the car :lol: ... u dunno if ur gonna get hit by som1 n die or u will hit som1 n die... so... u kno wht I mean...

tc

PS- n %#%$ cops don c wht happens in everyday drive :evil: they wanna only go after roundabout 'cops kiss my a$$' :evil: ... i drive evryday in emirates road, n on avarage I find 2 to 3 life riskin situation caused by restless driver from various nationalities... even in Sheikh Zayed road... where da %#%$ da cops goes tht time... whenever u c in newspaper, accident reason: RECKLESS DRIVING... I say in 99% cases reckless driver go away n 2 poor driver crash tryn save themselve :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ... tht da reason I say I drive slow, but if u disturb me, I WILL SHOW WHO AM I... I don leave upto GOD to judge... I %#%$ em up on da spot cos I kno they wont b seen by cops :evil: ... so GOD DAMN COPS n their RULES :evil:

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 04 Oct 2006, 11:39 am

Wohow masabgt... Road Racing is illegal. Yes you can get killed, but driving recklessly is often by this street racing. If you'd be all alone on a street, that would be better.. which would make it into a circuit, like autodrome.
:)

Additionally as well, in professional environments, you'd have rules and learn how to do things. Also, your car has to adhere to certain things. I would never like a poorly maintained 15+ year old car doing crazy things in front of me, by young guys who have nothing else to do.

Plus, "street racing" is better, yeah... what makes you a good driver? what makes me a good driver? Practise, practise and even more practise. And I posted this numerous times already, if you want to practise, go to some deserted road. Rather that, than putting oil/diesel on the road and doing stupid burnouts. What's the skill in a burnout anyways?

Racing is about speed, but more importantly control. I don't know if you know about the lumina (caprice) who was being cool (for some), and smashed into a bus.

Plus, putting oil/diesel on the road... Imagine you are driving home with your wife and 2 childeren in the back to home, first you'd be put in danger by your usual mark2 and soarer cars who find "streetracing cool". After that, you'd enter some round about, hit an deliberately put oil spot, start slipping flip over, and have your wife and childeren killed or paralyzed for life... And the guys who did this will flee the scene, and there you are, bleeding in a flipped car waiting before somebody else will see you and call those "god damn cops".

Yes, you can get killed on the road at any day. But let's try to limit that as well. You can get killed taking a flight, and even walking your doggie ((c) 1995 heat). Is that a reason to jump red lights, no.

Can't to the time, don't do the crime.

So, think a bit, will you.

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 04 Oct 2006, 2:14 pm

agree with you on all wht you said... but my point was tht Warqa is 1 issue... n there r thousands of issue on nornal road... when reckless driver don get caught after makin 2 car collide thn wht the use of being good driver... I will naturally drive defensivly... when am goin to die bcos of u, I will not let u escape, I will take u with me to hell/pradise... tht my philosophy... n with in my arab n other nationality, I kno they were reason for various accident on the road, so now I drive devensivly with such kind of driver... I kno cases, where boys below 18 without DV got caught n have been released n again driven... WASTA bail out the criminal frm Police Station n we non-arab get punished even if 1% fault found... it happend with ME... so I don give damn n ya I drive safe until I am being forced to b rough... off course if som1 racin me with their family in... thts not my problem... at last Warqa, I told I agree, its a crime puttin som 1 in danger, leavin oily road thts da reason I hate burnout/drift :evil: but not agree if u put in danger n escape while driving n off course u kno, cops wont come to kno :@ ...

hope u got my points...

tc

studboy_441
UB Senior Member

Post by studboy_441 » 04 Oct 2006, 5:38 pm

Mikeh: as far as spilling oil is concerned im happy tht these people were arested. Drifting and street racing is ok as long as it is safe and in a deserted place and do not pose danger to other normal motorists.

MasaB: I know wht ur taking about ....nowdays these taxi drivers are also %#%$ ..... But again its wrong to take the law in our hands rite ?

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 04 Oct 2006, 8:11 pm

whatever the reason ..... everyone has their own point of view !! But WARQA rocks.....but everybody comes there on his own responsibility..............when guyz r driftin ..no one shud come near them...dun go towards the car....just watch and enjoy ...!!

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 05 Oct 2006, 12:00 am

Well said mike.Well i love street racing but i do it on video games only :)
So cut the crap about street %#%$ racing.Im personally pllaning on going to racing school.Its fun,legal and there u will really learn how to drive.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 05 Oct 2006, 1:09 am

grayfox666 wrote:u will really learn how to drive.
gf, you're one of the few people here that use their brain. Yeah yeah kids, warqa is fun.. I've been there numerous times, and if it wasn't for the alcohol, it would not be fun at all. (yeah, haram haram.. i know).

I also would rather have a guy who has been racing professionally teach me how to drive, then some kid -whatever nationality- because daddy bought him a fast car... or worse, he takes huge loans for mods and stuff.

As I said before, can't do the time, don't do the crime. There's a law in this country for a reason. Don't like it, and they catch you. You'll go to jail and/or deported, and i'll be the last person who'll show any form of mercy. You know damn well when you break the law.. well then, act responsibly.

If you can't, you don't deserve a drivers license, or belong on the road.

studboy_441
UB Senior Member

Post by studboy_441 » 05 Oct 2006, 5:05 pm

Got this from some other site :)

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- After bidding his friends goodbye at a Starbucks cafe late one recent weekday night, Ahmed Khawaga steered his metallic-blue Chrysler Crossfire sports car into the desert.

He stopped on the shoulder of a desolate stretch of road, turned on his headlights and revved the $40,000 car's engine to a roar. "Here I come!" he shouted into the empty expanse.

The 23-year-old Mr. Khawaga, and two friends who soon joined him, spent the next few hours zooming down Emirates Road side-by-side at speeds approaching 150 miles per hour. They are part of an illegal street-racing scene that's taken off across the Middle East -- especially in the Persian Gulf region.

Roughly 60 percent of the Middle East's population is under the age of 25, and many of these youths are flush with disposable income as their countries' economies boom from record oil revenues. That means they have money -- and rubber -- to burn. In Saudi Arabia, young men pilot their Lamborghinis and Porsches over a bridge that separates Saudi from neighboring Bahrain to stage weekend races there. In Kuwait, the upscale district of Salmiya hosts the most popular drag strip in town. During the peak summer season in Egypt, rich young Arabs ship their fancy cars from the Gulf region to join the rounds.

A few years ago, the contests were mainly informal affairs. "We used to just meet on Sheikh Zayed Road" -- the city of Dubai's main thoroughfare -- "on Fridays or at night when it was empty," Mr. Khawaga says. Drivers would pull up next to each other, roll down the windows and nod their heads to mark the start. "Instead of just cruising, we'd race," he says.

Today, word of more organized duels spreads days in advance -- sometimes attracting several hundred spectators. The racers and crowds gather at remote spots across the Emirates, time and place circulated by cellphone text messaging or over the Internet. Some drivers wear traditional Arab dress, the cloak-like white thobe, while others wear jeans and T-shirts. It's almost entirely a man's world; on a recent racing night, there was only one woman -- the wife of a fan -- in sight.

The races are mainly about reputation and machismo, but in the United Arab Emirates bets are another draw. Wagers from racers or spectators have reached as much as 100,000 dirhams, or more than $27,000, according to participants.

Word of the races has spread far beyond the Middle East. At the elaborate villa where he lives with his parents, Mr. Khawaga logs onto one of several Internet chat rooms for amateur racers, some of which feature video of recent race gatherings. One American racing fan was particularly struck by the action. "I didn't think that they even had a Drag Strip over there ... I thought they all rode Camels," wrote a young Pittsburgh resident who also expressed awe over the array of expensive cars owned by youth his age.

With daredevil drivers, ever-faster cars and no official rules or safety checks, street-racing has evolved into an extremely dangerous pastime. In the tiny emirate of Dubai, whose population is about 1.4 million, 557 accidents in 2005 killed 73 people between the ages of 18 and 25 -- roughly a 100 percent increase from a decade ago, according to the Dubai Traffic Police. Last month alone, at least 12 people were killed, bringing this year's casualties to almost 100.

In Egypt last year one race left up to half a dozen drivers and spectators dead. The race was between Egyptians and several youths visiting from the Gulf region. According to Egyptian authorities, the carnage began when one of the drivers, a young Arab prince, lost control of his car. He survived the accident.

Street racing has also spawned an underground collection of garages that offer services to illegally enhance the performance and speed of vehicles. One mechanic in the older Bur Dubai neighborhood says his black-market side business in souping up cars came about by chance. "One day one of my young customers asked me if I could help him make his car faster," he says, speaking on condition his name not be used. "One thing led to another and word spread."

Racing upgrades can cost anywhere from several hundred dirhams to tens of thousands of dirhams. Mr. Khawaga says his brand-new Crossfire needs no enhancement, but he points to the inside of a friend's Nissan four-wheel-drive. The car has had the back seats removed to make it lighter and faster. Mr. Khawaga says such work allows even the oldest and bulkiest of cars to compete.

The illegal races are a growing concern for U.A.E. police and traffic departments. Last year over 100 young men between the ages of 18 and 25 were arrested, according to authorities. But catching violators in the act isn't easy. To mislead authorities, young men now spread false word about race locations.

Spectators inadvertently help divert the law by blocking off roads used for racing with parked cars. The racers themselves remove their cars' identification tags. Often the races take place in the middle of the night.

Chasing the racers, police say, would only add risk for everyone. The police say all they can do is try to take down plate numbers and summon the cars' owners to the station the following day. "It's not simple," says Mohammad Abu Rashid, an officer at the Dubai Department of Traffic.

Last month the Dubai Traffic Police sent onto the roads a new team of undercover traffic police. They also launched a road-safety campaign to provide motivation for racers to stop, and have urged colleges to stress the importance of road safety.

Meanwhile, in both Egypt and the U.A.E., concerned authorities are trying to encourage these young racers to participate in controlled races as an alternative. In the U.A.E., the Emirates Motorplex in Umm Al Quain, owned by the Sheik of the Emirate, Rashid Bin Ahmed Al Mualla, has upped its activities partly in an effort to encourage young men to go there instead.

Racing there means more prestige, since the center's events are now heavily covered by the media. The center is host to a series of tracks and holds all sorts of races that mirror those on the streets, including drag races on a 3/4-mile track.

"The motorplex is great," acknowledges Mr. Khawaga. Still, he says, it's no replacement for the crude action on the streets. "You just don't get the same high."

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 05 Oct 2006, 5:20 pm

studboy_441 wrote:"The motorplex is great," acknowledges Mr. Khawaga. Still, he says, it's no replacement for the crude action on the streets. "You just don't get the same high."
Just as I said. :) That's ma man!!! (Y)

Edit: Thanks for the article studboy!!! Word about street racing has just started to spread through newspapers. Just see the amount of "increase" in such events this will cause.

Just my point of view.