Racing Events in the UAE

Raced someone? Spotted a Member? Share with us here!
ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 13 Sep 2009, 11:00 pm

All we see so far is car shows & entertainment or expensive events held by professionals... Something should be done about the future of motorsport here.. Lots of people r hungry to compete not only watch..
Im talking about budget motorsports like Autocross which doesnt take alot of money or fast cars to do & can be manage by normal people not organizations..
So far, based on what i know, autodrome r famous for managing these events & they charge plenty some 2-3 times more than in other parts of the world.. I dont know much about whats cooking in jebel ali track or al ain raceway or motorplex?

Discussions on other forums have been going about this.. We even started thinking of a drifting event for noobs..

Can someone enlighten me about whats going on & what can be done to take it to a next level?

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 14 Sep 2009, 1:25 pm

winter season is coming so race event are in :D

1st round of in-famous RLC red line challenge would be in the 25th of this month, classes and old feking rules are in DA site :D
dubaiautodrome.com
by the way they do charge 400 aed plus 75 aed for single day race

karting events are there both DA and Al Ain race way

DA will be pack by some international events including the local UAETCC

jebel ali track so far no race event but its open for car club and group for any event like karting or car events.

ROJ
UB Advanced Member

Post by ROJ » 14 Sep 2009, 10:58 pm

^ im skipping all sorts of AutoX this season... as im short on funds & lack a decent car to do the job... Still im in for some hardcore karting as all i can do is working on improving my driving skills..

AD quite killed it with the prices... They arent cheap from the 1st place..

I hope this season will open way for more people oriented events.. Some small discussions going around on evolve.ae & i hope its not only talk but some action to be taken... so far speaking of Jebel Ali, we hard discussions about more private AutoX sessions to be held there & some discussions about rookie drifting sessions..

BMW club r pushing hard & r quite organized..

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 15 Sep 2009, 8:42 am

Why aren't you using your Hyundai for AutoX? :P

toleg
UB Advanced Member

Post by toleg » 15 Sep 2009, 10:33 am

well DA are really expensive even the track fees make me sick, but with the current RLC set-up i rather go and suggest you to go with evening or trackday really worth :D

private event in JA are normally run with out timings as it needs approval from ATC

last year evolve was able to run a good summer karting events in al ain and later this year auto-x in JA (no timings)

yep ive heard BMW club are running a good event last year and this year as well but more on tuitorial event.

anyhow it better than nothing :D

good luck on you bro

toleg
UB Advanced Member

Post by toleg » 15 Sep 2009, 10:39 am

last year in RLC there was a hyundai getz that run in class S1 and most probably a automatic tranny.

ROJ
UB Advanced Member

Post by ROJ » 15 Sep 2009, 4:27 pm

toleg wrote:last year in RLC there was a hyundai getz that run in class S1 and most probably a automatic tranny.
I know that guy from high school... Its was gold getz... Stripped out with an Intake, 1.4 manual & slightly wider rear tires.. This is how it was when i last saw it dunno if he added more on the car... Does the job i have to say quite agile & tiny..

Evolve.ae made a great Karting C'ship last year; too bad i didnt go for it. I hope we work something out again this season..

What about u guys, what r u doing this season?

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 15 Sep 2009, 7:03 pm

how about a karting meet at the coming hoilday ? toleg ?

ROJ
UB Advanced Member

Post by ROJ » 17 Sep 2009, 12:45 pm

^ wouldnt be packed during EID?

DLock
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2009 Peugeot 207+2008 Nissan Altima

Post by DLock » 19 Sep 2009, 12:42 am

toleg wrote:winter season is coming so race event are in :D

1st round of in-famous RLC red line challenge would be in the 25th of this month, classes and old feking rules are in DA site :D
dubaiautodrome.com
by the way they do charge 400 aed plus 75 aed for single day race
Toleg..i'm wondering if its worth bringing my Rex to the track with a ZC..still working out the ABCs for a B swap....Even with recession the damn engine prices are way up....!!!
I've been looking at stroking the ZC (coz the engine is strong in my opinion) as an alternative...there's a company called DH Racing in the states who have a complete kit....but i need a good tuner here.. :s

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 19 Sep 2009, 1:29 pm

ROJ wrote:^ wouldnt be packed during EID?
We were there yesterday, and it was very nice. Very few people, empty track. :)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 20 Sep 2009, 12:51 am

grayfox , it really nice !! specially i enjoy the battle with you . now i want to go back there tomorrow !!

ROJ
UB Advanced Member

Post by ROJ » 20 Sep 2009, 4:10 pm

^ where r u karting @ Kartdrome?

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 20 Sep 2009, 5:12 pm

yup, we go there with ken and few other guys every month. :)