New Member from South Africa

New member? We appreciate a bit of introduction about yourself.
Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:09 FJ + 05 Z Convertible

Post by Mr_boost » 22 Feb 2011, 11:19 am

Go for R35 no one will stop you cuz it's legally registrable :)

ekU
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:05 Z33 6MT TN ST + 92 mark2 1JZ TT

Post by ekU » 22 Feb 2011, 11:29 am

welcome bro..... (Y) (Y)

alexEF
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:1991 Honda Civic Hatchback

Post by alexEF » 22 Feb 2011, 3:51 pm

welcome to the forum and good luck for the search!

SA Laaitie
UB Junior Member

Post by SA Laaitie » 23 Feb 2011, 1:47 pm

dear all,

quite a few replys to get back to ...so ill try my best ...summarised version :

Al Awir - i get different vibes from different indviduals....however more bad than good.. I will have to play it by ear on this one....but dubizzle seems to be my best bet.

Skyline 34/35 - yes , i believe registering the 34 is almost impossible . if any of you are aware of a legal process and have the "wasta"....please Pm me for a coffee.

As much as i love the 35....sadly the service cost behind it is scary . Nissan quoted that every 20 000kms , a brake change is required at a cool 22 000 DHS :|
Alternatives ?

Ideal is im looking for a good daily commuter ( leaning towards the FJ / New ford egde ) and a nice weekend / toy car .....

whats your thoughts on the :

Lotus exige - i found one :)
Mustang GT500

Mistubishi / Scooby - in RSA ive been familiarised with a rather quick background of cars ( M3 Turbocharged both E36/E46 / M3 CSL /E30 325is Turbocharged / KO4 GTI IV ) now given that with a few minor mods both the Evo and Scooby can match if not better the above , but i have hardly seen any modified cars here....again heard a law banning heavy mods...reg issues???

last question....a bit odd....but is there a local racing scene in DXB...ive heard rumours.... :roll:

theo_207GT
UB Junior Member

Post by theo_207GT » 23 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

SA Laaitie wrote: Mistubishi / Scooby - in RSA ive been familiarised with a rather quick background of cars ( M3 Turbocharged both E36/E46 / M3 CSL /E30 325is Turbocharged / KO4 GTI IV ) now given that with a few minor mods both the Evo and Scooby can match if not better the above , but i have hardly seen any modified cars here....again heard a law banning heavy mods...reg issues???

last question....a bit odd....but is there a local racing scene in DXB...ive heard rumours.... :roll:
any and all mods are technically illegal. if u wanna change the colour of the car, u need to get permission to do so. if there is damage on the car, u need permission to get it fixed. theyre strict, and yet lenient. although the cops can fine u for many things, they dont. but major mods such as turbo'n a car will cause ur car to fail the reregistration inspection (which u need to do every year)

ur best bet is to buy a new car that comes standard with a ton of power. the scooby sti is only R316 000 new here. some mods that u will get away with are the things they cant see such as putting new software on the ecu. u can do a new exhaust system, as long as it still looks close to standard and is not too loud. u could also do the cone filter thing, and just swap the standard airbox back in when taking the car for the inspection.

as for the racing scene, theres no organized scenes like S2S back home. although, in abu dhabi at the yas marina circuit they have open drag racing nites at the strip (Dhs300 for the nite though)

u should head over to the yas marina circuit on friday, huge drifting event going on

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 03 Mar 2011, 11:42 am