Hello from Canada

New member? We appreciate a bit of introduction about yourself.
MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 04 Dec 2005, 12:27 pm

Hi everyone. Nice to be here. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Lost of great cars in UAE I see.

Here is my R32. Photo taken in Western Canada.

Photos at a Track Day

My car in Japan before I imported it.

At a car show.

Poor quality engine photo :roll:
Last edited by MyGTR on 05 Dec 2005, 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 04 Dec 2005, 5:49 pm

Welcome to the website! Nice car.. nice carrrrrr.. gtrrrr...

Yeah, I'm jealous.

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 04 Dec 2005, 6:21 pm

Welcome to the site.. I hope you enjoy your stay with us! Very nice and clean R32. :D

MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 05 Dec 2005, 1:52 am

I am curious who, how, where and how much to have a GT-R converted to left hand drive? Anyone know?

Dave

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 05 Dec 2005, 2:33 am

There are numerous garages all around Dubai that do it. The price range is from Dh2500 to Dh4000. If you could probably bring your car here, its not going to be difficult at all.

MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 05 Dec 2005, 3:56 am

If I have the conversion correct that does not seem very expensive at all. Of course I would have to get my car all the way there and back but not an unreasonable cost.

4,000.00 AED United Arab Emirates Dirhams = 1,263.96 CAD Canada Dollars

Does anyone have any contacts for people who can do the conversion?

GT-RRRRR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by GT-RRRRR » 05 Dec 2005, 4:45 am

Welcome dude! Are you guys allowed to register Skylines "overthere" ? Cuz I heard its nearly impossible to register a Skyline in the states, so how easy is it in Canada?

Peace out

MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 05 Dec 2005, 5:07 am

GT-RRRRR wrote:Welcome dude! Are you guys allowed to register Skylines "overthere" ? Cuz I heard its nearly impossible to register a Skyline in the states, so how easy is it in Canada?

Peace out
Canadian law allows us to import a car that is 15 years old or older. Nothing newer is allowed to be imported unless it was purposely manufactured for sale here.

US law is different. Skylines can be imported to the US only through an importer that does all the necessary modifications and meets the US government regulations (including crash testing which is why skylines are so expensive there). There is only one company in the US that is licensed as far as I know...www.motorex.net.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 05 Dec 2005, 8:12 am

MyGTR wrote:4,000.00 AED United Arab Emirates Dirhams = 1,263.96 CAD Canada Dollars

Does anyone have any contacts for people who can do the conversion?
I converted my Pulsar for Dh4000. The garage that did it coverts Skylines too but I don't have any telephone number of it (and I honestly don't think they'll be able to communicate with you over the phone.) Trust me, if you could get your car over here, its not going to a problem AT ALL.

MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 05 Dec 2005, 8:26 am

Shalashaska wrote:I converted my Pulsar for Dh4000. The garage that did it coverts Skylines too but I don't have any telephone number of it (and I honestly don't think they'll be able to communicate with you over the phone.) Trust me, if you could get your car over here, its not going to a problem AT ALL.
Getting the car there is relatively easy but expensive so I really need to have things arranged first.

The problem is, I am not going to arrange for all the transportation before I know for sure who is going to do the work, what the quality will be like and those kinds of things. I'm sure you understand.

Do you know of any web sites that shows the process or who does it?

Where do they get a dashboard for a Skyline since they didn't make right hand drive Skylines? Did they make their own? How?!

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 05 Dec 2005, 8:48 am

MyGTR wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:I converted my Pulsar for Dh4000. The garage that did it coverts Skylines too but I don't have any telephone number of it (and I honestly don't think they'll be able to communicate with you over the phone.) Trust me, if you could get your car over here, its not going to a problem AT ALL.
Getting the car there is relatively easy but expensive so I really need to have things arranged first.

The problem is, I am not going to arrange for all the transportation before I know for sure who is going to do the work, what the quality will be like and those kinds of things. I'm sure you understand.

Do you know of any web sites that shows the process or who does it?

Where do they get a dashboard for a Skyline since they didn't make right hand drive Skylines? Did they make their own? How?!
I don't have any pics of the work-in-progress. I understand what you're trying to say, but there really are no sites that show any conversion pics and details.

They use a Maxima dashboard for the Skyline and just flip the whole of the original components. I don't have any experience with Skyline conversion, may be Aamir can help you out since he converted his R32 GT-R just recently. PM him and lemme know if you get any response.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 05 Dec 2005, 8:59 am

These are some mobile shots of his car. I don't think he's online much often though:

These pics were not taken by me. I will try to get in touch with him and get you a few more good quality pics of the %#%$.

MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 05 Dec 2005, 9:01 am

Thanks very much. I sent him a PM.

racer
UB Addicted Member

Post by racer » 05 Dec 2005, 9:13 am

cool gts man but do u have ur own website

MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 05 Dec 2005, 9:42 am

racer wrote:cool gts man but do u have ur own website
It is a GT-R. :wink:

Unfortunately, I don't have a web site but I did post some more photos at the start of the thread.