Hello from Canada

New member? We appreciate a bit of introduction about yourself.
Private Eye

Post by Private Eye » 06 Dec 2005, 2:16 am

hello.. Aamir is my elder brother.. this car was converted to LHD for 3,000.. i guess it does not take much time.. but Skylines in RHD are always better.. We have tried both the HD's so we know better.. Their engines are better when they are RHD.. Anyways .. u can ask us any questions.. We will answer u !

Private Eye

MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 06 Dec 2005, 3:20 am

I am wondering why the conversion would have any effect on the power of the engine? :roll: Strange.

Private Eye

Post by Private Eye » 07 Dec 2005, 12:20 am

actually when the steering is in the right.. the wires, accelerator clutch, eveything is close to the engine... when u shift to the left .. all the settings have to be changed.. wires become longer.. so obviously the response time becomes longer !

thats what i heard before the conversion and expereinced too ! but it was still too fast for the 1jz' and most other engine types !

Aamir
private eye's brother

MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 07 Dec 2005, 12:22 am

Oh I understand. I wouldn't have thought it would have made much difference.

Do they move the master cylinder for the clutch and the brakes?

Does the steering column fit in with the turbos?

If anyone has any pictures of this from inside the engine compartment that would be cool.

Al Koobi
UB Senior Member

Post by Al Koobi » 07 Dec 2005, 9:10 am

u have got a nice ride man..........seriously

Aamir
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Honda S2000 07 Civic 08 96

Post by Aamir » 08 Dec 2005, 2:00 am

yeah they move the master cylinder to the left side and the clutch comes to the right.. the steering column has to be squeezed in with the exhaust pipes.. if u have a big exhaust pipe then the steering box would definately cause u problem.. coz it becomes very hot ..

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 09 Dec 2005, 7:14 pm

You still have a japanese license plate.. is that legal? (or you don't care? :))

Welcome to the site man, you have a sweet ride.

MyGTR
UB Junior Member

Post by MyGTR » 09 Dec 2005, 7:55 pm

mikeh wrote:You still have a japanese license plate.. is that legal? (or you don't care? :))

Welcome to the site man, you have a sweet ride.
That picture with the Japanese license plate was taken when the car was still in Japan. I wish I still had it now. Where I live we are not required to have license plates on the front of the car...only the back. Some guys who have the Japanese plates put them on the front of their cars here just for fun.

Are there a lot of GT-Rs there? What is the most popular JDM car?

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 09 Dec 2005, 7:59 pm

MyGTR wrote:Are there a lot of GT-Rs there? What is the most popular JDM car?
- Skylines
- Supra's
- soarers
- mark II's
- Starlet GT's

erm.. i think those are the most seen ones.. oh, and the usual share of evo's and sti's of course :)

I see a GTR or 2-3 every week in the streets..

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 09 Dec 2005, 8:14 pm

Off-topic: At the Drift Championship last night, there were more Aristos and Integras from RAK amd UAQ's side. THOSE were the kind I wish I could feature on the site but since they live in RAK, I don't think I'll ever get enough time to go there and get hold of a few of these over there. Very different than those in Dubai.

Rudeboy
UB Junior Member

Post by Rudeboy » 11 Dec 2005, 10:17 pm

Shalashaska wrote:
MyGTR wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:I converted my Pulsar for Dh4000. The garage that did it coverts Skylines too but I don't have any telephone number of it (and I honestly don't think they'll be able to communicate with you over the phone.) Trust me, if you could get your car over here, its not going to a problem AT ALL.
Getting the car there is relatively easy but expensive so I really need to have things arranged first.

The problem is, I am not going to arrange for all the transportation before I know for sure who is going to do the work, what the quality will be like and those kinds of things. I'm sure you understand.

Do you know of any web sites that shows the process or who does it?

Where do they get a dashboard for a Skyline since they didn't make right hand drive Skylines? Did they make their own? How?!
I don't have any pics of the work-in-progress. I understand what you're trying to say, but there really are no sites that show any conversion pics and details.

They use a Maxima dashboard for the Skyline and just flip the whole of the original components. I don't have any experience with Skyline conversion, may be Aamir can help you out since he converted his R32 GT-R just recently. PM him and lemme know if you get any response.
i thought they used nissan bluebirds dashboard for the skylines dashboard is nt the maxima dashboard gonna be a bit bigger for the r32 also i heard that if u get the original parts from nissan u can convert u r car and pass it on dubai no plate :S supras conversion original costs 18,000dhs but dubai registration is guaranteed lol aint sayin this is true just sayin i heard this

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 11 Dec 2005, 11:01 pm

Yeah thats true Rudeboy. The Bluebird dashboards are used for the R33s and the Maxima ones for the R34s.

If anyone does or can import the original LEFT HAND dashboard from Nissan, they will surely be able to register the car in Dubai without any problems. But, there is an alternative. More that the conversion, if you can get an Injector engine into the Skyline, you can register it in Dubai provided that it original LHD (which costs around Dh6000). This original conversion may not necessarily be gauranteed by that of the origianl Nissan parts. The normal Bluebird dashboard will also do. I seem to have lost the pics of a Golden R33 I snaped in Sharjah that was registered in Dubai and was running a R34 GT-T injector engine.

Supras' original conversion costs Dh.14-18000, yes, you're right. The registration in Dubai is guaranteed since you recieve a signed document from the workshop that do the conversion stating that the conversion is original and legally authorized by that workshop.

Al Koobi
UB Senior Member

Post by Al Koobi » 13 Dec 2005, 12:13 pm

yeah admin u r right.............

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 13 Dec 2005, 3:38 pm

So...

If I'd buy, let's say a RHD soarer.. and I have a "real" soarer (or other toyota/lexus) dashboard built in, by toyota.. even spending like 10 - 20k, I can register this car in Dubai?

For real?

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 13 Dec 2005, 9:23 pm

mikeh wrote:So...

If I'd buy, let's say a RHD soarer.. and I have a "real" soarer (or other toyota/lexus) dashboard built in, by toyota.. even spending like 10 - 20k, I can register this car in Dubai?

For real?
FOR REAL!! :o