Net Speed is too Slow !! :(

Discuss latest computer technology out in the market. Anything related to Computers!
DON
UB Addicted Member

Post by DON » 21 May 2007, 7:29 pm

Salam ! My PC is 4 years old...its P4 1.7...and i have a dial up connection ! in the beginning when i logged in to Internet,the speed used to be 52.0 Kbps and from the last year, it went down to 33.6 !! i even got Windows XP installed , increased the Hard Disk..and even RAM...but its of no use !!! so can you guys give me an idea what must be the reason ? I am planning to sign up for Shamil...but still i want to know what might be the reason !!
Thanks Bye

AZ_ME
UB Dedicated Member

Post by AZ_ME » 21 May 2007, 9:55 pm

well am not sure but i think it also depends on you'r Neighborhood if too many ppl around are using the dial up then the sepp will fall .

as i said am not sure but this is how it used to work for me when i had dial up. in evening the speed was low but at 1-2 am in the morning the speed was back to 52 :wink:

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 21 May 2007, 10:20 pm

obvious answer: upgrade ur internet connection!

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 22 May 2007, 6:01 pm

AZ_ME wrote:I think it also depends on you'r Neighborhood if too many ppl around are using the dial up then the sepp will fall .
That is my opinion too! when I used be in Sharjah 2 years back the net was fine but now my ex neighbour says it becoming horrible day by day.

Btter to upgread to Shamil, and if you do not need 24h internet then you may get limited hour edition.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 23 May 2007, 8:56 am

upgrade to ADSL man

RasHooD
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo

Post by RasHooD » 24 Oct 2007, 7:31 pm

dial up is previous century now... its of no use with the increasing size of weppages n stuff... forget about time most of the time it doesnt load at all! shamil is cool even if you dont need the net 24 hours coz the cheapest is 149 a month and that is fine if you are a moderate user of dialup ull end up payin the same amount for shit speed...

so go for shamil even if u have to pay a bit more... though etisalats services have degraded deteriorated to the degree of dissappearing ;)
cheerz

proxious
UB Junior Member

Post by proxious » 28 Jan 2011, 4:13 pm

i think the only tangible way to increase your speed is by you subscribing on to a higher speed, the reason for the sudden drop is coz your internet connection is shared, also the other factors which determine the quality of your connection is bandwidth and ping Ping usually depends on the ratio of sending and receiving capabilities of both the servrers, and it also varies from one site to another depending on the traffic which inturns depends on the Bandwidth , try doing a ping test on different sites using http://www.whoisxy.com/ and see the difference