Daddy of all Z's

The area to post your car/bike pics and specs.
Post one car/bike per Topic.

Moderator:Accord98

docaam
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:G35s and 370Z

Post by docaam » 23 Aug 2011, 11:54 pm

sorry couldnt update the thread,

Bought a refurbished crossmember with new ball joints, bushings pretty much everything

Got some new Roll Center Adjusters

As of friday, all packed and ready to be picked up by the shipper

And Monday evening it was picked up

Cant wait to take the same picture but with Dubai number plate on the tow truck :)

Engine shopping starting after Eid holidays, need help in that, as of now shortlisted are RB25DE and L28 or L28ET

alexEF
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:1991 Honda Civic Hatchback

Post by alexEF » 24 Aug 2011, 9:57 am

RB25 all the way! (Y)

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 24 Aug 2011, 10:15 am

very nice.

My opinion on the engine is go the rb25de. Just the long block though. Get a nice set of carbs for it and get someone cheap to make up the headers. Do the maths yourself though. However obviously use good bends etc.

If you want specs in what length and dia primaries and secondaries to run. Let me know and i'll ask on an aussie forum and get them to run it through the computer programs. If your getting portwork done then let me know what the head flows before hand and also what cams you plan to run so we can get the set up matched perfectly.

That way you can use cheap labour to make a custom set for your set up but also be calculated. I would buy a nice 4-1 collector though, well unless you have faith in your welder.

Should sound hot as once its done. Do they have rb30's here? They are a very cheap engine back home and you can mount the rb25 head to it. If your gonna build an engine thats what I would do.

If you want to keep the efi and all that, I think might aswell just throw a rb25det in it.
Last edited by UAE NEWBIE on 24 Aug 2011, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 24 Aug 2011, 10:37 am

docaam wrote:sorry couldnt update the thread,

Bought a refurbished crossmember with new ball joints, bushings pretty much everything

Engine shopping starting after Eid holidays, need help in that, as of now shortlisted are RB25DE and L28 or L28ET
I would consider throwing the castor rods/ tension rods whatever you call them here on a lathe and have the thread extended to either a pre determined setting that is desirable or fully adjustable via extended thread with nut on opposite side. I have done this on a few cars with similar design.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 24 Aug 2011, 11:17 am

UAE NEWBIE wrote:

I would consider throwing the castor rods/ tension rods whatever you call them here on a lathe and have the thread extended to either a pre determined setting that is desirable or fully adjustable via extended thread with nut on opposite side. I have done this on a few cars with similar design.
is that just tot adjust the camber settings for future?

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 24 Aug 2011, 11:23 am

UAE NEWBIE wrote:very nice.

My opinion on the engine is go the rb25de. Just the long block though. Get a nice set of carbs for it and get someone cheap to make up the headers. Do the maths yourself though. However obviously use good bends etc.

If you want specs in what length and dia primaries and secondaries to run. Let me know and i'll ask on an aussie forum and get them to run it through the computer programs. If your getting portwork done then let me know what the head flows before hand and also what cams you plan to run so we can get the set up matched perfectly.

That way you can use cheap labour to make a custom set for your set up but also be calculated. I would buy a nice 4-1 collector though, well unless you have faith in your welder.

Should sound hot as once its done. Do they have rb30's here? They are a very cheap engine back home and you can mount the rb25 head to it. If your gonna build an engine thats what I would do.

If you want to keep the efi and all that, I think might aswell just throw a rb25det in it.
I would love to three some triple carb setup, enquired about the carbs and getting a good deal on webers :happy:

Now the problem is coming installing the carbs on RB25DE, I have seen very few cars going that route minimize the wiring but getting the fuel system and manifold was an issue. If you have anyone back in Australia who can arrange the whole stuff that would be great. I would love to have the triple carb setup. I managed to find one guy here who can do the jetting on carbs as IMO its difficult to tune such a setup. Rest what you said will come later

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 24 Aug 2011, 3:14 pm

docaam wrote:
UAE NEWBIE wrote:

is that just tot adjust the camber settings for future?
This is to adjust your castor settings. Castor is a hard thing to explain. If you are really interested in the specifics maybe search it on google.

I will try though.

Castor is the angle that the strut lies at in a way. So think of a chopper style mtor bike with a huge rake on the front forks. It gives more turn in. As apposed to a much straighter fork. Castor does also effect you dynamic camber. Ie camber will change ever soo slightly when you turn the wheel. Cars with lots of castor can have less camber.

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 24 Aug 2011, 3:39 pm

docaam wrote:
UAE NEWBIE wrote:very nice.

I would love to three some triple carb setup, enquired about the carbs and getting a good deal on webers :happy:

Now the problem is coming installing the carbs on RB25DE, I have seen very few cars going that route minimize the wiring but getting the fuel system and manifold was an issue. If you have anyone back in Australia who can arrange the whole stuff that would be great. I would love to have the triple carb setup. I managed to find one guy here who can do the jetting on carbs as IMO its difficult to tune such a setup. Rest what you said will come later
To be honest you will have to make something custom up. The only place you MIGHT be able to buy a webber intake would be japan and I doubt it would be cheap.

Get a laser cut flange made from the intake gasket. Or mill down the stock lower plenum. Get the flange made for the carbs and connect with pipes of your choosing. Once again. Do the research yourself Ie lengths, pipe thickness etc, know how you want it to be designed and then get someone decent with alloy to weld it all up for you.

Labour here is cheap, but knowledge is a little on the scarce side. So as long as you do the ground work for the design yourself you can probably get it made up quite cheap.

If you want to go down that path I have no problem helping you out. I have a few mates back home that will be able to give good advice.

Great to hear you have found someone that can set up the jetting. Once that is set up its pretty easy to maintain.

here is a good guide

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums ... 7&page=103

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 25 Aug 2011, 10:16 am

Thats the issue I dont trust anyone here for that much custom work, getting engine, carbs wont be an issue but then as I said earlier these intakes are not made and sold and so are the fuel lines.

If I can get L28 here then might go with webers

Anyone knows a nice place to check for engines?

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 25 Aug 2011, 10:56 am

docaam wrote:Thats the issue I dont trust anyone here for that much custom work, getting engine, carbs wont be an issue but then as I said earlier these intakes are not made and sold and so are the fuel lines.

I am see where you are coming from. But still of the opinion that as long as you know how you want it and a firm about the design specs you should be ok.

I'll speak to some mates back home aswell

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 25 Aug 2011, 11:17 am

here is an example for you. Apparently the rb25 is the closest to the original engine, so he used it for this mock up. He even went to a dizzy set up.

Looks like he used the stock intake plenum milled down. I still think as long as you give all the specs Of what you want, wont matter if the guy has no technical knowledge as long as he can weld

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 25 Aug 2011, 11:18 am

The hardest part will be the linkages

A mate back home said if you get desperate he can knock something similar up.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 25 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm

UAE NEWBIE wrote:The hardest part will be the linkages

let me know the details I wont mind getting it from there, if possible

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 25 Aug 2011, 12:49 pm

docaam wrote:Thats the issue I dont trust anyone here for that much custom work, getting engine, carbs wont be an issue but then as I said earlier these intakes are not made and sold and so are the fuel lines.

Lemme knw when u want to check engines ... Uaenewbie n me visited a place some months back , they got loads of engines

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 25 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

docaam wrote:
UAE NEWBIE wrote:The hardest part will be the linkages

let me know the details I wont mind getting it from there, if possible
Yeah no problem. Will be more expensive that localally, labour back home aint cheap. If you want i can ask for a rough price.

Due to the even cyl spacing seems pretty easy to fab something up. He will also give good specs if you want to get it made here.

Yeah accord tuner knows some pretty decent places.