My Yellow B!tch :)

The area to post your car/bike pics and specs.
Post one car/bike per Topic.

Moderator:Accord98

Makoy
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Post by Makoy » 28 Jun 2012, 12:39 am

Mitsubishi eclipse 2003 bought it last week

i bought it last week like this (except for the wheels) .. its ok but the way the side skirt was installed and painted was very sloppy it was just just simply screwed diectly on the boy witht he damn screw heads sticking out,. now the prev. owner did tried to hide them, by painting black on them which made it look odd because the entire car is yellow that has a odd black thing on the side .. :(

Work in progress :

Day 1 Monday : the removal of the pimple like screw tops and grind the side skirt's edge to slope to the car's body..

Mesh installation and sanding

Tune up, timing belt, tensioner, water pump, pulley , engine mounting, right Axl and Denzo bouble tip platinum sparks The hunt for RARE Parts has begun ...

DAy 2 morning sanding and primer .. while parts hunting ...

Testing colors, and 1st color application

Day 3 finally found some parts, timing belt, pulley and engine mount.. but the tensioner and water pump needed to be shipped in, placed the order and will come in 30 days,.. also placed the order for a right headlight and side mirror

Second color application and found an Axl .. also being installed..

all colors done :) just waiting to set for tom's polish job

All available parts installed and the valve cover and manifold cover painted time to tidy things up a bit :)

tom is the last day ... scheduled for polishing and throttle Cleaning ... will post more :)

alexEF
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:1991 Honda Civic Hatchback

Post by alexEF » 28 Jun 2012, 10:19 am

i would suggest to remove the black paints (gas tank cover and etc...) and your good to go! (Y)

gsteclipse
UB Junior Member

Post by gsteclipse » 28 Jun 2012, 1:07 pm

do you mind sharing where are you doing this work ? garage name?

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 28 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

alexEF wrote:i would suggest to remove the black paints (gas tank cover and etc...) and your good to go! (Y)

really ? LOLz but they already finished the painting lolz the last pic is the final paint job... maybe next year ill get her on all yellow :)

alexEF
UB Senior Member

Post by alexEF » 28 Jun 2012, 1:40 pm

oh my bad didnt pay attention at the last pictures...

looks good bro! (Y)

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 28 Jun 2012, 1:43 pm

alexEF wrote:oh my bad didnt pay attention at the last pictures...

looks good bro! (Y)

Thanks man :) are you guys going to the car show on friday ?

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 28 Jun 2012, 1:58 pm

gsteclipse wrote:do you mind sharing where are you doing this work ? garage name?

its in sharja the name of the shop is Arfan Ali maintenance workshop. The owner's name is Arfan hes a great guy, very helpful and very reasonable. when you go there just tell him your a pal of the filipino guy who owns the yellow eclipse :) and im sure hell help you out :) we always bring all our cars there, mine, my mom's and our company service vehicles. They are very reliable and affordable :)

Location, if your coming from dubai heading sharja, safeer mall should be on your right hand side, turn right after safeer mall then after the bend they are just maybe 100 meters they are the 1st garage on your right just right after the wheels and Ac shops

76Dragon
UB Junior Member

Post by 76Dragon » 28 Jun 2012, 3:48 pm

humm

sorry to burst your bubbles, but I agree with AlexEF, She will gorgeous in an all yellow color.
something like this (not same model though) Image

btw, where is the location for this friday car show?

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 29 Jun 2012, 3:02 am

Shes Back home :)

Last edited by Makoy on 29 Jun 2012, 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 29 Jun 2012, 3:12 am

76Dragon wrote:humm

sorry to burst your bubbles, but I agree with AlexEF, She will gorgeous in an all yellow color.
something like this (not same model though)

btw, where is the location for this friday car show?

No offense taken :) nor bubbles popped :) lolz im actually happy with the end result, its what i wanted. except for the tubes on the engine bay being red i told them to keep em black but im going to order colored tubes online anyway so ill live with this for now :) but im happy with the car color :) and the garage's mechanics and denters who did really great job on her :) just need to send it back for throttle setting because i think they have set it to low, when they cleaned it.

btw im not much of a fan of the new eclipse (4g) body design ... i love the 1, 2 and 3 G,.. but ill pass on the 4g .. im not saying its bad, its just not that appealing to me :)

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 10 Jul 2012, 10:58 am

Not a fan as well of the Black paints.. straight color yellow gives it a clean look (Y)

anyway enjoy your ride.

usaf23
UB Special Member
Vehicle:2016 Jeep SRT

Post by usaf23 » 10 Jul 2012, 12:55 pm

Not a pleasant sight of 2 tone colours here as welll. what you could have done is Sunfire Yellow along with small trim of CF that would give it a decent tuner look.. right now i feel its screaming im a Import Racer ...
Ive seen some 2tone cars.. n man they are out of this world.. some people do different colours on their body kit just to show its on their car and the car is totally another colour lol..

clean car though :) ...

alexEF
UB Senior Member

Post by alexEF » 10 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm

new headlight as well :grin:

importfan
UB Junior Member

Post by importfan » 11 Jul 2012, 12:25 pm

Dude !

Nice car, Ive seen it near Ansar Mall late one night last week, I own a 97 GS 420A i bought for peanuts and built from scratch! by the way can you share with me the link for the website where you order your parts online? i dont have issues with any engine parts as the eclpise 420 A shares the same engine as the Chrysler Sebring, so i buy genuine parts from Liberty ( Shj)! would appreciate your help as i need to replace my rear suspension.

Jeff

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 22 Jul 2012, 5:37 am

usaf23 wrote:Not a pleasant sight of 2 tone colours here as welll. what you could have done is Sunfire Yellow along with small trim of CF that would give it a decent tuner look.. right now i feel its screaming im a Import Racer ...
Ive seen some 2tone cars.. n man they are out of this world.. some people do different colours on their body kit just to show its on their car and the car is totally another colour lol..

clean car though :) ...

LOL I know ... I was kinda excited to get her re sprayed LOLz and got her her black skirting just 3 days of ownership lolz and now i do regret doing it LOLz i should have googled more lolz ... anyway as soon as i get my hands on my Blitz front and rear bumpers ill get her back to full yellow :). till then i guess i have to live with this for now lolz
alexEF wrote:new headlight as well :grin:
AHAHAHA I KNOW !!! I have like a clear stock headlight on the left and faded fcked up on e on the right ahahahaha I have alreday ordered my Halo black smoked headlights and Euro Black Tail lights :) LOLz ... i also had a bent right side side mirror which i have already replaced LOLZ ...
importfan wrote:Dude !

Nice car, Ive seen it near Ansar Mall late one night last week, I own a 97 GS 420A i bought for peanuts and built from scratch! by the way can you share with me the link for the website where you order your parts online? i dont have issues with any engine parts as the eclpise 420 A shares the same engine as the Chrysler Sebring, so i buy genuine parts from Liberty ( Shj)! would appreciate your help as i need to replace my rear suspension.

Jeff
Dude .. unfortunately since my ride is like one of the 7 in the UAE ,.. i dont buy my body parts in UAE (engine is fine because i can just grab a mitsu galant part and stick it in lolz or an entire engine swap so i drive this like i have a disposable engine LOLZ)...

this is what im doing regarding imported parts i have registered a account in AMAREX SHOP and SHIP where they will create a US address for you where your US purchased items can be delivered on an USA address so you can avail the US local free delivery or a cheaper delivery rate.. then Aramex will ship it here to UAE for only 30+ DH per half KG (41DH on the 1st half KG)

Now I buy my JDM stuff from www.andysautosport.com, and My OEM stuff from http://www.jcwhitney.com and my radiator and cooling stuff from http://performanceradiator.com/ i have tried these online suppliers and they are actually legit ... im currently on a hunt for a online trader that gives free shipping to US on bodykits since (since they are a Texas based radiator makers... man since texas is shit HOT i figure if it survived texas hell it might survive our hell LOLZ)

How can you save buying online ? this is how .. for example i asked Mitsubishi for a side mirror, they have quoted me 750 for a passenger side side mirror, where i have only paid 30USD with local shipping for the one i bought from JC Whitney.. and i have paid 105 DHs to aramex ... so over all i have only paid 215 DH for my side mirror.... the stock headlight (only passenger side) cost around 1,500 from mitsubishi UAE ... my SPYDER (R) Euro Black Tail lights (pair) and SYPDER(R) Halo LED Smoked Black Headlights (Pair) are only 450 USD yes all of them lolz including local shipping to my aramex SNS account ... and i need to pay 550 DH to aramex .. in total its only 2,150 FOR ALL including shipping ! LOLz it beats Insane UAE Mitsubishi Prices !!1 LOLZ get a SNS account and Happy hunting ! :)