2005 Hyundai Getz "Griever"

The area to post your car/bike pics and specs.
Post one car/bike per Topic.

Moderator:Accord98

eXiscute
UB Junior Member

Post by eXiscute » 13 Mar 2007, 5:22 pm

eXiscute wrote:it tuirns on when I open my door .. and when I push a button (but I need another Tube becuase my Grill is not getting anough light ^^, it's connected to blue floor light inside the car ... )
It's connected to the fusebox, where the switch for the door switch is connected to, so when I open the door, the lights will turn on, and I can stil use the cabin light without restrictions...

but I connected a switch to it, so I could turn it on IF I want to ... so there is 2 options ..

door open, or button...

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 13 Mar 2007, 6:58 pm

Make sure you don't overload your power system. Sally did that, and her taillights stopped working, the neons were taking too much electricity than the wires/fuse could handle.

eXiscute
UB Junior Member

Post by eXiscute » 13 Mar 2007, 7:40 pm

hmm ... good point ... I'll take a sneak-peak into that matter thanks for warning ..

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 13 Mar 2007, 9:58 pm

Well, my GT back in Europe had neons as well (but interior), and I had it connected to my cig lighter.

Physics teach us that U = R * I :) And it applies to cars as well. If you would be "lucky", only your fuse will break, if your less-lucky, your wiring might go. Hence, be carefull with it.

eXiscute
UB Junior Member

Post by eXiscute » 13 Mar 2007, 11:55 pm

as I don't turn it up while driving I think it'll be fine .. but yeah! (I think I should recheck the thickness of the wire ...

eXiscute
UB Junior Member

Post by eXiscute » 14 Mar 2007, 4:51 pm

alrighty ... I was able to take some pics last night .. hope you like em .. I chose the brightest Blue Neons I could fin, and I fixed them behind the bumpers and sideskirts so they are under no sircumstances visible ...

here are the pictures .. I worked around 9 hours on this lil project...

It turns on automatically when I open my doors... but I can also turn them on permanently with a button ..

I hope you like em (It looks like every other Neon on the streets, so ... there is nothing super cool with it ^^)

I'll get another Neon and put it put it near the grill in the front ...

comments and suggestions ar as always welcome ;)

laterzz

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 14 Mar 2007, 6:08 pm

Very impressive and perfectly installed (Y) What brand?

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 15 Mar 2007, 2:10 pm

Nice man, very clean (Y) (Y)

eXiscute
UB Junior Member

Post by eXiscute » 15 Mar 2007, 2:18 pm

I dunno what brand =S but right now .. I'm getting paranoied... cuz I dunno if they are water proof ... like .. remember this aweful rain we had and everythin was under water? I am not quiet sure if they will be sparking up and put my car on fire... =S

(I bought them for 225 Dhs ... and installed them myself!) and the packaging was japanese... it seemed to be a typical japanese company ... so .. yeah .. as I said .. I dunno...

maybe you could calm me down?? :$

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 15 Mar 2007, 3:21 pm

eXiscute wrote:maybe you could calm me down?? :$
Hehe.. take a valium and life is sweet.

Be happy it doesn't rain as much here as it does back home, so you'll be safe untill october or something.

Maybe, put a master switch on them all, so that when it looks tricky, that you can disable any power going through them. I would not be so worried about breaking your enons, but rather creating a short circuit on the rest of your electrical system.

eXiscute
UB Junior Member

Post by eXiscute » 15 Mar 2007, 3:39 pm

Like I said...

eXiscute wrote: I am not quiet sure if they will be sparking up and put my car on fire... =S
^^