My Supra highfidelity Projekt

The area to post your car/bike pics and specs.
Post one car/bike per Topic.

Moderator:Accord98

Peter10654
UB Junior Member

Post by Peter10654 » 30 Apr 2007, 5:40 pm

Hi Guys,

I want to show you my work on my car with DLS Audio components.

We start with making chromed steelrings that match perfectly with the speaker mounts and make a good housing and resonance. The rings are a good mounting option and you will have no vibration on the speaker.

The ring fits perfectly mounted on the doorpanel

DLS Tweeter have a touch of a basketball and me made speaker shrouds in this design and I think it makes a nice optics.

After this we search for a good solution for the tweeter. I think I don't need to say it is a hard work to get out the factory tweeter but it is also a big problem to find a good solution. We found cases from DLS Audio that fits nice into the factory position with a good position to get a direct stream to the ears.

The position for the rear tweeter was a little bit easier and looks good in my opinion.

For the best possible connection we used high quality cable for all woofer and tweeter and use a completly active system with three amplifier.

The subwoofer will be a 15inch woofer in a custom box and hope it looks good if all is finished.

Next step was cleaning the doors inside. I think 1 hour / 1 door is a good time everything is clean. :roll: After cleaning I took noise killer mats and noise killer paste to get no vibrations from the door sheet. That is areally hard work but the result is very very good. Sounds like a door from a SL500 :wink:

Also the boot was going forward. The 3 pieces of the subwoofer case was ready

Next step was completing the doors. I put also a foam between the door and the door mouldings. That's very important if you don't like any rattling in the door.
Together with the steelrings is the door like a subwoofer case. PERFECT

next was the problem to get enough "power" in the boot. I take a really big +cabel.

It was very hard to get the cable through the hull.

Next step was removing the fusebox because we need a longer +cabel and a better ground connection.

next step was to build in the new DLS speakers and the new covers and assemble the whole car interior with the new tweeter. Looks good in my opinion. Sorry for bad pictures but is was my mobile phone.

Looks good in my opinion. :bigthumb:

You can see the rear tweeter in the next picture and the new rear speaker is under the stock cover.

next time we build in the Dolby Processor in the back of the rear seats.

READY !

First picture from the saddler. The combination with anthrazite and blue Alcantara is very very nice.

The Alpine Double DIN arrives. SWEET UNIT !

The saddler made the backsite of the rear seats and it looks fine with the Alcantara and the Supra Logo.

Here are new Pictures of the installed W200. It looks like an original Radio for the Supra.... It is made for the SUPRA :)

NICE... The Ipod shows the Alpine Logo if it is connected :)

And last but not least....

THE FINISHED PROJEKT !

LADY's and GENTLEMEN !! IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE IN CONCERT !!!

Hope you enjoy this projekt.

Cheers

Peter[/b]

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 30 Apr 2007, 6:35 pm

its cool bro ... amazing work done ...is it a TT or N/A?

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 30 Apr 2007, 7:41 pm

With that amount of gauges.. i think a turbo'd one

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 30 Apr 2007, 8:01 pm

yes you are right mikeh it is turbo ... i can see the intercooler pipe .. with n hks blow valve ..chorome intercooler pipe ... looks like engine bay is done as well ... but then why automatic???? vvti engine?

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 01 May 2007, 8:08 am

Probably US imported, and in the states.. nobody knows how to drive stick.

Peter10654
UB Junior Member

Post by Peter10654 » 01 May 2007, 10:24 am

Thanks a lot Guys.

@Nismo

It's a TT. Take a look into my "Garage" or into the Introduction Area on the board.

It is no VVTI Engine. Its a normal AT car and I would like to buil a drag car @ first. Drag always AT is better than STICK. But after a long discussion I decide not to do it because the condition was to perfect for building a Drag car. I like leather seats and luxury interior as well.

So I would be happy I had a 6-Speed now, but OK. I need to live with AT now and it isn't slow. I like it also to drive with AT. It's always fun to drive with the Supra.

@Mikeh

It's an UK (Great Britain) car. They have steel turbos like the EU und US Supras, and some specs more than J-spec Cars.

Cheers

Peter

abdullah
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:skyline gt +Honda EK +yaris

Post by abdullah » 01 May 2007, 1:44 pm

omg wht a nice ride u got it.....amazing

Peter10654
UB Junior Member

Post by Peter10654 » 02 May 2007, 11:48 am

abdullah wrote:omg wht a nice ride u got it.....amazing
Thank you abdullah... Thanks a lot. (Y) :D