World T20 Champion 2009 !!

Talk about anything related to Sports.
Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:09 FJ + 05 Z Convertible

Post by Mr_boost » 21 Jun 2009, 9:16 pm

Salaam guyzzz

After a tough and intresting match bw Pak vs Sri

I proudly say dat new T20 cham. 2009 is Pakistan !!!

It is a happiest day of my lifeeee !!!!

pakistan Zindabaad :) !!!
Last edited by Mr_boost on 21 Jun 2009, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 21 Jun 2009, 9:18 pm

Pakistan deserved this more then any other team!! Today I am proud to be a Pakistani....Pakistan Zindabad!!

djbill
UB Addicted Member

Post by djbill » 21 Jun 2009, 9:30 pm

Wow nicely played.Same here.
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 21 Jun 2009, 10:10 pm

Congrats to Pakistan and all. I really enjoyed too! Very well played.
I wish I was there in Lords, my freaking assignment killed me.
Anyway congrats to all.

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 21 Jun 2009, 11:21 pm

There is a Sports Forum for sports-related topics... for over an year now. Please use it.

Topic moved.

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 22 Jun 2009, 12:46 am

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD! Ditto here, proud to be a PAKISTANI!

.Zohair
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:Mazda 6 [2005-Silver]

Post by .Zohair » 22 Jun 2009, 1:02 am

..and so they did it again! Congratulations to all compatriots around here, may we all celebrate the astounding victory that we achieved and which also means that, 'WE'RE BACK IN THE GAME'!

Even though I am not that much into Cricket *imagine, I wasn't aware there were a championship in progress*, I'm still happy that our team won.

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 22 Jun 2009, 3:01 am

Be Afraidi,Very Afraidi :D !

Pakistan's game was totally different from what they have played over the years!Afridi was so not "Afridi" today,fielding was awesome and the rest played sensibly too!It wasn't a strong team if you see Pakistan's line-up over the years but the very same thing happened in 1992 when at the time Pakistan's line-up wasn't that strong but they took home the World Cup.

NASWAAR POWER!!
:D :D :D

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 22 Jun 2009, 11:15 am

PROUD 2 B PAKI .........CONGRATS GOIN 2 ALL PAKIZ..........

TurboKam512
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:EJ white angel

Post by TurboKam512 » 22 Jun 2009, 12:59 pm

Allah o Akbar
Pakistan Zindabad
Great victory that too over the t20 fav's SA & SL
So now what has the critics have to say
all through the tournament i have been bewildered and amazed at stuff people and writers and editors say about the Paki team. they went as far as saying that Pak team was weak, lacked the abitlity to be in cricket itself, are all proved forceably and correctly wrong
Good work by the Players and especially Abdul razak who single handedly turned the table around for the team and that proved so vital and important , he was not played in the Pak 2007 team and they lost and what a difference he has put to the team since his arrival.
Imran nazir yet again was missed.
Strongly my views abt the team and their performance:-

Shahzaib Hassan_________He is promising and although only 19 yrs of age he has shown good temperment but seriously a non contender for the top spot. his knock of 35, 10, 0 & 19 in his debut matches were to an extent compromising (since Butt has been out of composure since a long time and he is very UNLUCKY for Pak, he either does'nt score or scores big but Pak lose)approved by the victories of pakistan by playing as a team but i would have to say WE NEED IMRAN NAZIR HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kamran Akmal__________He has risen to every occasion , truly dedicated and hard working individual , he has handled the place of the opener very well and i can see another AdamGilchrist in him. so keep it up Akmal, hope to see bigger innings and more from you.

Shahid Afridi____________129 The number of runs Shahid Afridi has scored in his last three innings, since moving up to No.3, at a strike rate of 148.27. This run also includes his first two half-centuries in Twenty20 internationals, in successive games, this just speaks where his place is in the team so Pak please learn and keep him there. A future captain in the making and he has come a long way and its about time he gets the Captains badge. Salut to you Boom Boom.

Abdul |Razzaq___________3 for 20 Abdul Razzaq's bowling figures, his best in Twenty20 internationals, and his second three-wicket haul in six matches. which just shows the quality and variety this man posseses . One of the great allrounders of the game and an asset who upon only his arrival swept the ridicules aside and bang on for the team to lift their spirits high and motivate them both on and off the pitch form a very bad losing side to a solid match winning streak to lift the cup, if Pak has someone to thank for contribution this man stands tall and on top for the country's great performance. I am sure we would see some good cricket from pak side for years to come and watch out for Razzaq to give some enthrilling and exciting performances.

Shoaib Malik_______Although the hero of the day and match winner for the Pak team rose in the form of shahid afridi , Shoaib Malik supported Shahid Afridi well with his unbeaten 24 to guide them through and lift the T20 world cup. It was him who came in at no 4 and pivoted the innings for the team , it was he who restrained the blasting afridi to play wisely and it was him who guided him along to one of his most faboulous innings of all time, he showed his capabilities through out those crucial overs keeping his calm and letting afridi to play his shots when he could, malik is an extraordinary talent pakistan just cant be without, he got those singles turning them into two's and three's at times. He is always practically aware of the game and shows great leadership to guide the partner at the other end, his career bloomed when he was given responsibility which unfortunately was not to the liking of some senior members.
In short Malik got Afridi to win it for Pakistan.

Misbah ul Haq_________ In his very unpredictable style of play he has got the people to rethink cricket and as they come near to catch him offguard he gives them the surprise of shifting gears and innovating the play by rigorous and unforgiving shots all round the park. true and complete batsman who will go a long way and definitely one of the back bones of Pakistan cricket. Agile in the field, aggressive and attacking when required, if Afridi is the hero in this T20 2009, Misbah was the one in T20 2007, he soulely with help and trust from the then captain Shoaib malik who along with misbah contributing 400 plus runs to get to the final and it was misbah all the way then to fight back till the end and btw the winning captain appreciated the fightback of this grand warrior.

Younis Khan________ Although some people might not know that after scoring 313 against the T20 final losing team younis khan became the No. 1 test batsman in the ranking. he is a very good person to be with so they - the Pak team say - he is a good batsman, he is the 3rd highest scoring batsman in T20 2009 - 175 Plus runs under his belt, so critics please acknowledge this guy he is one of Pakistan's finest no doubt and in the longer version of the game he is crucial to our team's survival and he does his job pretty well most of the times. the way he guided Pak to victory and gifted the T20 2009 World cup to the nation speaks margins about his inner patriotism and concern for the people of the be-wildered and singled out country.

Fawad Alam______i recently met a friend who said that Fawadis only in the team because his father is the manager and coach, i paused and then shouted - DID YOU SEE HIM PLAY IN THE SEMI-FINAL & FINAL, ok he did bowl a very costly over so what, didnt umar gul and razzaq and aamir, he fields like lightning, he is young and was the T20 player of the year 2007 in Pakistan its only for Intikhab Alam to be proud of him to be his son and not viceversa.
so look out for him he is a star of our future.

Umar Gul_

Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10

Tests 18 33 4032 2382 76 6/135 9/164 31.34 3.54 53.0 5 4 0

ODIs 58 58 2765 2276 89 5/17 5/17 25.57 4.93 31.0 2 1 0

T20Is 21 21 457 410 37 5/6 5/6 11.08 5.38 12.3 3 1 0

5/6 is the world record. he took 13 wickets in the T20 2007 and exactly the same in T20 2009, so who is the best bowler in the world. i am sure if Pak was not left on their own for a couple of years the ranking table would only be filled with Pakistan players!!!!! believe it.

Saeed Ajmal_______ Shane warne asked the australians to check his action, so scared were the No.1 team in the world from this miracle bowler. good pick for the selectors and a good performer for the team an excellent fielder and a brave fighter ice cool and precise in his length, well done pak for getting a gOod spinner.

Mohammad Ameer_______17 yrs of age, got the wickets of Nial O'brian - ireland, Graeme Smith - SA captain, Dilshan - scored 317 for SL and 0 against Pak, now when we talk figures it becomes easy to judge but when these figures are explored and got into details that is the time when you get the true picture, the wickets young Ameer took are the key batsmen for their respective team, i am sure everyone would agree when Ameer got Dilshan's who went on to become the Player of the Tournamnet for his massive 317 which included 96* against WestIndies wicket in the very first over in the 5th ball of the innings \Pak fans would have assured themselves the cup was theirs.Ameer keep it up
you are truly a born champion and a future Wasim Akram.

The verdict___________
(Y)
(Y)
(Y)
(Y)
(Y)
yes 5 star all round performance and a never say die attitude contributed Pakistan with the much awaited and much needed victory.

HOLD YOUR HEADS HIGH PAKISTANI'S
ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE

TRULY
NOW
WE
ARE

PROUD TO BE PAKISTANI
Last edited by TurboKam512 on 22 Jun 2009, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member

Post by Mr_boost » 22 Jun 2009, 1:13 pm

TurboKam512 wrote:Allah o Akbar
Pakistan Zindabad
Great victory that too over the t20 fav's SA & SL
So now what has the critics have to say
all through the tournament i have been bewildered and amazed at stuff people and writers and editors say about the Paki team. they went as far as saying that Pak team was weak, lacked the abitlity to be in cricket itself, are all proved forceably and correctly wrong
Good work by the Players and especially Abdul razak who single handedly turned the table around for the team and that proved so vital and important , he was not played in the Pak 2007 team and they lost and what a difference he has put to the team since his arrival.
Imran nazir yet again was missed.
Strongly my views abt the team and their performance:-

Shahzaib Hassan_________He is promising and although only 19 yrs of age he has shown good temperment but seriously a non contender for the top spot. his knock of 35, 10, 0 & 19 in his debut matches were to an extent compromising (since Butt has been out of composure since a long time and he is very UNLUCKY for Pak, he either does'nt score or scores big but Pak lose)approved by the victories of pakistan by playing as a team but i would have to say WE NEED IMRAN NAZIR HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kamran Akmal__________He has risen to every occasion , truly dedicated and hard working individual , he has handled the place of the opener very well and i can see another AdamGilchrist in him. so keep it up Akmal, hope to see bigger innings and more from you.

Shahid Afridi____________129 The number of runs Shahid Afridi has scored in his last three innings, since moving up to No.3, at a strike rate of 148.27. This run also includes his first two half-centuries in Twenty20 internationals, in successive games, this just speaks where his place is in the team so Pak please learn and keep him there. A future captain in the making and he has come a long way and its about time he gets the Captains badge. Salut to you Boom Boom.

Abdul |Razzaq___________3 for 20 Abdul Razzaq's bowling figures, his best in Twenty20 internationals, and his second three-wicket haul in six matches. which just shows the quality and variety this man posseses . One of the great allrounders of the game and an asset who upon only his arrival swept the ridicules aside and bang on for the team to lift their spirits high and motivate them both on and off the pitch form a very bad losing side to a solid match winning streak to lift the cup, if Pak has someone to thank for contribution this man stands tall and on top for the country's great performance. I am sure we would see some good cricket from pak side for years to come and watch out for Razzaq to give some enthrilling and exciting performances.

Shoaib Malik_______Although the hero of the day and match winner for the Pak team rose in the form of shahid afridi , Shoaib Malik supported Shahid Afridi well with his unbeaten 24 to guide them through and lift the T20 world cup. It was him who came in at no 4 and pivoted the innings for the team , it was he who restrained the blasting afridi to play wisely and it was him who guided him along to one of his most faboulous innings of all time, he showed his capabilities through out those crucial overs keeping his calm and letting afridi to play his shots when he could, malik is an extraordinary talent pakistan just cant be without, he got those singles turning them into two's and three's at times. He is always practically aware of the game and shows great leadership to guide the partner at the other end, his career bloomed when he was given responsibility which unfortunately was not to the liking of some senior members.
In short Malik got Afridi to win it for Pakistan.

Misbah ul Haq_________ In his very unpredictable style of play he has got the people to rethink cricket and as they come near to catch him offguard he gives them the surprise of shifting gears and innovating the play by rigorous and unforgiving shots all round the park. true and complete batsman who will go a long way and definitely one of the back bones of Pakistan cricket. Agile in the field, aggressive and attacking when required, if Afridi is the hero in this T20 2009, Misbah was the one in T20 2007, he soulely with help and trust from the then captain Shoaib malik who along with misbah contributing 400 plus runs to get to the final and it was misbah all the way then to fight back till the end and btw the winning captain appreciated the fightback of this grand warrior.

Younis Khan________ Although some people might not know that after scoring 313 against the T20 final losing team younis khan became the No. 1 test batsman in the ranking. he is a very good person to be with so they - the Pak team say - he is a good batsman, he is the 3rd highest scoring batsman in T20 2009 - 175 Plus runs under his belt, so critics please acknowledge this guy he is one of Pakistan's finest no doubt and in the longer version of the game he is crucial to our team's survival and he does his job pretty well most of the times. the way he guided Pak to victory and gifted the T20 2009 World cup to the nation speaks margins about his inner patriotism and concern for the people of the be-wildered and singled out country.

Fawad Alam______i recently met a friend who said that Fawadis only in the team because his father is the manager and coach, i paused and then shouted - DID YOU SEE HIM PLAY IN THE SEMI-FINAL & FINAL, ok he did bowl a very costly over so what, didnt umar gul and razzaq and aamir, he fields like lightning, he is young and was the T20 player of the year 2007 in Pakistan its only for Intikhab Alam to be proud of him to be his son and not viceversa.
so look out for him he is a star of our future.

Umar Gul_
Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10

Tests 18 33 4032 2382 76 6/135 9/164 31.34 3.54 53.0 5 4 0

ODIs 58 58 2765 2276 89 5/17 5/17 25.57 4.93 31.0 2 1 0

T20Is 21 21 457 410 37 5/6 5/6 11.08 5.38 12.3 3 1 0

5/6 is the world record. he took 13 wickets in the T20 2007 and exactly the same in T20 2009, so who is the best bowler in the world. i am sure if Pak was not left on their own for a couple of years the ranking table would only be filled with Pakistan players!!!!! believe it.

Saeed Ajmal_______ Shane warne asked the australians to check his action, so scared were the No.1 team in the world from this miracle bowler. good pick for the selectors and a good performer for the team an excellent fielder and a brave fighter ice cool and precise in his length, well done pak forgetting a ggod spinner.

Mohammad Ameer_______17 yrs of age, got the wickets of Nial O'brian - ireland, Graeme Smith - SA captain, Dilshan - scored 317 for SL and 0 against Pak, now when we talk figures it becomes easy to judge but when these figures are explored and got into details that is the time when you get the true picture, the wickets young Ameer took are the key batsmen for their respective team, i am sure everyone would agree when Ameer got Dilshan's who went on to become the Player of the Tournamnet for his massive 317 which included 96* against WestIndies wicket in the very first over in the 5th ball of the innings \Pak fans would have assured themselves the cup was theirs.Ameer keep it up
you are truly a born champion and a future Wasim Akram.

The verdict___________
(Y)
(Y)
(Y)
(Y)
(Y)
yes 5 star all round performance and a never say die attitude contributed Pakistan with the much awaited and much needed victory.

HOLD YOUR HEADS HIGH PAKISTANI'S
ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE

TRULY
NOW
WE
ARE

PROUD TO BE PAKISTANI

U r right TURBOCAM

I think Coming of Abdul Razak Is the reason for the Victory of PAKISTAN !!

and SHAHZAIB HASSAN is better dan S.BUTT ... 8)

Alhough all the credit goes to the PlAYERS but i m tlking abt the changes came in the T20 Match of Pakistan after SHAHZAIB AND RAZZAK's entry (Y)

Ans also v dont forget BOOM BOOM AFRIDI after upgrading his Bating number (Y) (Y)

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member

Post by Mr_boost » 22 Jun 2009, 1:16 pm

Sam wrote:There is a Sports Forum for sports-related topics... for over an year now. Please use it.

Topic moved.

CHEERS !!! SAM I FORGOT TO ADD IN :D :D :D

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 23 Jun 2009, 12:37 am

TNT wrote:PAKISTAN ZINDABAD! Ditto here, proud to be a PAKISTANI!

kool = i didnt know TNT was from pakistan as well ... congrats (Y) (Y) (Y)

SD -

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member

Post by Mr_boost » 23 Jun 2009, 12:04 pm

Yaa Now c more pplz will come to know dat dey r from PAK !!! :)

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 23 Jun 2009, 10:22 pm

Eleanor wrote:
TNT wrote:PAKISTAN ZINDABAD! Ditto here, proud to be a PAKISTANI!

kool = i didnt know TNT was from pakistan as well ... congrats (Y) (Y) (Y)

SD -
Where'd you think I was from? :P