Forum upgrade to V3

Important announcements regarding site and forums made here. Provide your feedback to us here.

What browser do you use?

Internet Explorer
42%
Mozilla Firefox
47%
Other
11%

Total votes: 19

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 16 Jun 2007, 9:58 pm

Upgrading to phpBB3

Attn: to all members and moderators.

We intend to do a major upgrade of our forum software from phpBB2 to phpBB3 and hence, we require all your support with regard to our decision. Your views and suggestions are critical to us and we spend a great amount of time and effort to make sure that we provide you with the best we can offer. Our decisions are completely and critically dependent on your suggestions and thereby, we take all necessary steps according to your demands and suggestions prior to our final decision.

phpBB3 is a completely re-designed and extremely detailed upgrade of our current forum software, phpBB2. It provides you with many many features that we are currently not able to provide you with in this version of our forums.

We want you to go through a demo forum that we have set up for you, browse through the forum, see the all-new options available to you etc. and thereby, let us know your views about it. You may also give suggestions to what you did or didn't like about it.

Click here to go to the demo forum.

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 16 Jun 2007, 10:19 pm

Can't really judge the hover effects and color scheme as I think you aren't going to use that skin.
I like the search box (direct access) as there wasn't one before for quick searching.
The 'attach flash animation' feature is handy, the emoticons are good too but not really used to them.
Just a question, can the member info (in posts) be moved to the left, not really used to seeing it on the right. :wink:

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 16 Jun 2007, 10:45 pm

TNT wrote:Can't really judge the hover effects and color scheme as I think you aren't going to use that skin.
Yes, we don't intend to use that skin at all! But the current version is only a candidate release, i.e. its still not the Final release. The other skins currently available are horrible as well since there aren't really any official groups involved in developing the skins at this moment. I still look forward to a grey/white/orange theme.
The 'attach flash animation' feature is handy, the emoticons are good too but not really used to them.
The current emotions will still be available. Those are the only extra ones.
Just a question, can the member info (in posts) be moved to the left, not really used to seeing it on the right. :wink:
There are numerous requests for this already (at the official support forum) We can only hope that it will be to the left by the time the Final release is out. Yet, there are still those working on bringing it to the left by themselves; if such a script is released, we will be the first one to have it :)

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 16 Jun 2007, 10:57 pm

Well! I like what we have at the moment (phpBB2) but life has to go on, new stuff and all this things (phpBB3) has to get adapted.

Mutayeb
UB Addicted Member

Post by Mutayeb » 16 Jun 2007, 11:02 pm

Salaam to all

I recon that the new phbb3 is much faster than this one and has a new features for admin and members

I suggest that to go for an upgrade

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 16 Jun 2007, 11:06 pm

masabgt wrote:Well! I like what we have at the moment (phpBB2) but life has to go on, new stuff and all this things (phpBB3) has to get adapted.
It sure is a bit complex as it seems, yet, very powerful to manage and user-friendly for you all :) The current theme is not very pleasing IMO and we do NOT intend to use it forever.

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 16 Jun 2007, 11:39 pm

I dont really like it.Maybe cuz its new and we need to get used to it.
Thought i like our present one. :)

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 16 Jun 2007, 11:43 pm

hey sam.... though it is nice..... i would still prefer u to keep this phpBB2.... it's easy....

while phpBB3> most of the cars' sites have similar skin....

well it's up to u respected ADMIN !

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 16 Jun 2007, 11:56 pm

grayfox666 wrote:I dont really like it.Maybe cuz its new and we need to get used to it.
Thought i like our present one. :)
I clearly understand that our current forum is very easy to browse through (personally, I cannot think about giving up on our current theme either.) As time goes on, we will surely get used to the new system. Usability is not very different from this version at all; it is infact only the skin of the forum that makes everything look complex (notice the full-screen style, we have never used our current forum in full screen.)

I'm looking forward to new skins that are more relaxing to the eyes.

ps. The final upgrade of the forum may NOT look as it seems in the demo forum. This includes the color themes and overall graphics.

boost wrote:hey sam.... though it is nice..... i would still prefer u to keep this phpBB2.... it's easy....
Mutayeb wrote:I recon that the new phbb3 is much faster than this one and has a new features for admin and members. I suggest that to go for an upgrade.
Thanks for the suggestions guys :)

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 17 Jun 2007, 12:01 am

i think the new one would b good too .....
even though i like this one - id say to put a touch of this set up into the new one, to keep the feel the same.
would b nice.....

SD -

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 17 Jun 2007, 8:25 am

go for it man (Y)
if we cannot keep up pace with new upgrades then we r stuck behind

congrats :)

hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 17 Jun 2007, 8:57 am

go for it SAM ..i liked it ..after launching it we will get used to it and there wont be any problem i suppose ..its a GREAT WORK (Y)

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 17 Jun 2007, 10:47 am

Sam wrote:
ps. The final upgrade of the forum may NOT look as it seems in the demo forum. This includes the color themes and overall graphics.
if tht is so, thn wht are u waiting for ! make the changes as soon as possible - we are very desperate to see the new UAEBOOST.net !

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 17 Jun 2007, 10:56 am

wicked go for the new one its much better and faster ..

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 17 Jun 2007, 1:34 pm

Very nicely done..i like the colors and layout..and yes it will be hard to get used to but it should be implemented and tested....the only problem i found was the signature and avatar place..its on the right..which is not comfortable at all!!!..i think its decent..we should try it!!