Database Corruption

Important announcements regarding site and forums made here. Provide your feedback to us here.
Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 17 Dec 2007, 1:27 pm

We are extremely sorry for the unexpected downtime. There has been some corruption in our database leading to some part of our database being crashed and lost. I am very sorry to say that we have lost all data (posts, topics, users, private messages, profile information) of the past 14 days. The corruption happened overnight and before we could obtain a backup of our database.
However, we were able to restore 90% of our database with 10% being lost due to corruption (resulting from database server downtime.) We are extremely sorry for the loss. I request all users who registered with us after 2-Dec-2007 to please re-register yourself and update your profile information asap.

We request your support to help rebuild our database and your continuous dedication that has helped us to grow larger and larger.

Eid Mubarak and Merry Christmas to all.

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 17 Dec 2007, 2:47 pm

Unfortunately, these things happen! :(

But we're ready to re-build!

mastercontrol
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Isuzu Trooper 2007

Post by mastercontrol » 17 Dec 2007, 3:32 pm

i made more than 78 post in the lat 14 days!!!
allllll gone......
but no prob
already posted 9 new topics
and starting to rebuilding.

mastercontrol
UB Addicted Member

Post by mastercontrol » 17 Dec 2007, 7:04 pm

hey sam,
i think there should be another sub administrator so thease things would not hapoen
like somebody who comes in the night

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 17 Dec 2007, 8:47 pm

You know, Sam, now that the corruption issue is out in the open for everybody to know, I hope that accepting all that baksheesh will end in you at least getting a new set of wheels... LOOOL :D

mastercontrol
UB Addicted Member

Post by mastercontrol » 17 Dec 2007, 9:08 pm

prossett wrote:You know, Sam, now that the corruption issue is out in the open for everybody to know, I hope that accepting all that baksheesh will end in you at least getting a new set of wheels... LOOOL :D
don't get u

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sam u likked my idea

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 17 Dec 2007, 9:11 pm

"corruption" also means accepting bribes, money under the table, or some sort of illegal reward in exchange for a favour... yani, baksheesh!

Of course here "database corruption" means something altogether different... sorry, angleezi humour, man! :D LOOOOOL

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 18 Dec 2007, 10:14 am

prossett wrote:You know, Sam, now that the corruption issue is out in the open for everybody to know, I hope that accepting all that baksheesh will end in you at least getting a new set of wheels... LOOOL :D
Good one prossett :) Eitherway, we'll just make sure we never have this problem again. Data of 14 days is worth alot, especially the DIY and project cars threads. We're really sorry for what has happened and we hope it never happens again.

@ mastercontrol: Thanks for your suggestion.