Fifa World Cup Final Match Meet

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
esso_is_here
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:CIVICER

Post by esso_is_here » 30 Jun 2010, 5:14 pm

hey folks (what does this mean ?) :roll:

i had sent this topic to SAM before but he didn't see it yet i guess.

As only recently i joined UB and also alot of memebers did , also it's world cup days and it's a 4 years one time event which cannot be missed, also last gathering was on 28th Jan '10.

what about having a final match meet where we can watch the final match together ? and it will be nice to introuduce new members and meet old members.

The final match will take place on sunday 11th july at 10.30 PM. so if we can have a gathering from 7 PM or 8 PM ~ 10 PM then move to a pre-determined place where we all can enjoy watching the final match ( i know not all you guys like football but it's world cup final match anyway )

we can call it (Final Match Ride) :grin:

suggested lcoation where we can watch final match:
- BARASTI
- Cineplex Cinema beside WAFI mall.

both locations have spacious seats which can fit us all.

also as u guys have more experience on that , u can determine a place to gather , road to follow and place to watch

give me your best shoot ;)

hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 01 Jul 2010, 8:05 pm

Barasti doesnt have seatings in the soccer stadium there!! You have to stand and watch !! Seatings for reserved people only !! Barasti is free entry.

Another suggestion would be DFC dome, its got awesome ambience and stuff and its 30dhs entry and worth the money. And i believe there are empty parking lots a little far off near DFC for a meet.

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 01 Jul 2010, 9:35 pm

Guys please suggest a nice place to watch the matches. I know of DFC and Grand Cineplex, any other good place?

dj drift
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:I4 2.7

Post by dj drift » 02 Jul 2010, 12:08 am

TNT wrote:Guys please suggest a nice place to watch the matches. I know of DFC and Grand Cineplex, any other good place?
# Cinema's SUCK :D I just dont feel good sitting in one place and watching the screen and you cant even stand and shout coz you are blocking the view of the person behind you.
#Dubai trade Centre convention - 15 dhs
#Barasti beach stadium
#There is this tent near Grand hyatt grand cinema its 45 dhs entry +1 free drink.
#Qd's - sheesha and drinks but 21+ after 9pm
#Times cafe - if you drink then its good or else u will get bored coz there is no sheesha also :P
#Any sports cafe/bar around Dubai
#Best place i would say is karama cafe's but seriously the managers over there are VERY BAD these dayz, it seems they are going through periods. Even the waiters get pissed on you even if you dont do anything + a cover charge of 20 dhs some cafe might charge even if u dnt order nything.
# Not sure about this, but palladium in media city might be showing the final.

It also depends on how big is your group, if you have like 10-15 ppl u seriously need to do a booking where ever you go so that you all friends can sit together.

Any more recommendations ??
Although im too spefically looking for places where this REALLY HUGE SCREEN and seating and some sheesha as i dont drink (A) :grin:

hk20
UB Advanced Member

Post by hk20 » 02 Jul 2010, 11:39 am

Times cafe has sheesha !! But i would never go there to watch the match.

@TNT what kind of place do you want to go and watch the match ? With good ambience ? like DFC ? Then the barasti beach stadium is a good option as the ambience is awesome there. The issue is you have to stand and watch as long as it doesnt bother you then its good. Crowd is good there. Its 21+ entry but you can enter if you know how to :P (i.e incase your below 21)

Palladium in media city is nice but 60dhs is the entry ticket. Another option would be the dubai mall screen, they have this HUGE @#$% Screen placed infront of the ice rink and u can either skate and watch the match or sit on the audience seats and watch or stand on the upper level floor on the sides and watch.

dj drift
UB Advanced Member

Post by dj drift » 02 Jul 2010, 1:56 pm

hk20 wrote:Times cafe has sheesha !! But i would never go there to watch the match.
really ??? :O how much is it for ???

dj drift
UB Advanced Member

Post by dj drift » 02 Jul 2010, 2:06 pm

And why wouldnt you go there ???

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 02 Jul 2010, 2:49 pm

That Dubai Mall screen is the world's largest blah blah. Awesome screen but no fun in a mall.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, here's something I found: http://www.dubaimoves.com/10995/best-pl ... -in-dubai/

esso_is_here
UB Junior Member

Post by esso_is_here » 04 Jul 2010, 7:45 am

hk20 wrote:Barasti doesnt have seatings in the soccer stadium there!! You have to stand and watch !! Seatings for reserved people only !! Barasti is free entry.

Another suggestion would be DFC dome, its got awesome ambience and stuff and its 30dhs entry and worth the money. And i believe there are empty parking lots a little far off near DFC for a meet.
Well for Barasti i was invited there and i really enjoyed it, as i know it's free entry for statdium but for normal seats it's not free :roll:

anyway ... DFC looks nice , also we can invade Hyper Panda parking lots :grin: but where is the screen there i never seen it ??

esso_is_here
UB Junior Member

Post by esso_is_here » 04 Jul 2010, 8:02 am

#Dubai trade Centre convention - 15 dhs
#There is this tent near Grand hyatt grand cinema its 45 dhs entry +1 free drink.
#Qd's - sheesha and drinks but 21+ after 9pm
# Not sure about this, but palladium in media city might be showing the final.
ok iam not a drinker/sheesher (New language) :grin: too so for me it's ok wherever the place as i got my friend (Cigarettes (Y))

Trade center looks fine , so any more details about it ??

esso_is_here
UB Junior Member

Post by esso_is_here » 04 Jul 2010, 8:08 am

hk20 wrote:Times cafe has sheesha !! But i would never go there to watch the match.

@TNT what kind of place do you want to go and watch the match ? With good ambience ? like DFC ? Then the barasti beach stadium is a good option as the ambience is awesome there. The issue is you have to stand and watch as long as it doesnt bother you then its good. Crowd is good there. Its 21+ entry but you can enter if you know how to :P (i.e incase your below 21)

Palladium in media city is nice but 60dhs is the entry ticket. Another option would be the dubai mall screen, they have this HUGE @#$% Screen placed infront of the ice rink and u can either skate and watch the match or sit on the audience seats and watch or stand on the upper level floor on the sides and watch.
i started to worry about times cafe :roll: what's going on there ?? :arrow:

i you said it's depending on the group it's gonna be :
1- esso_is_here :grin: me
2- Prompo (one of my buddies :wink: )
3- ??? who else to confirm

esso_is_here
UB Junior Member

Post by esso_is_here » 04 Jul 2010, 8:17 am

TNT wrote:That Dubai Mall screen is the world's largest blah blah. Awesome screen but no fun in a mall.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, here's something I found: http://www.dubaimoves.com/10995/best-pl ... -in-dubai/
guys malls never made for us :grin: it's for old baba with children to bother and wifes to rob your wallets :arrow:

well i know a cafe in international city, it's not a high class one but i used to sit there for over a year now... also there are alot of parking lots.

i can get you some pictuers for it + location map ... so if you are not looking for just lookie places :S we can get together there (Y)

please confirm who gonna be there :roll:

hk20
UB Advanced Member

Post by hk20 » 04 Jul 2010, 11:50 am

Sheesha at times is 100 dhs thats why i wouldnt go there :D

If i were to go for a match DFC would be the best 30dhs and worth it.

esso_is_here
UB Junior Member

Post by esso_is_here » 04 Jul 2010, 11:58 am

by the way DFC u mean Dubai Fistival City or Dubai Fencing Club ?? :?

esso_is_here
UB Junior Member

Post by esso_is_here » 05 Jul 2010, 12:04 pm

guys this palladium in Media City i checked it , it seems to be a nice location but actually i faced a parking difficulties no much more parking lots also police keeps issuing fines.

it's 50 Dhs, ground seats and GUESS WHAT :o there is shisha :grin:

more ideas ??