Members Meet April 2006

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 17 Apr 2006, 12:36 pm

Al Koobi wrote:we all will go towards mumzar.
What will prevent the caps from stopping a few cars, and ask for registration?

I don't know, but I think we need to agree on a place.. I just want to see some good friends again. No matter where it is.

I think you'll cause less trouble standing there (in Mamzar), then doing some drifting and "wheelies" (although difficult with cars). I read the papers lately.

Al Koobi
UB Senior Member

Post by Al Koobi » 17 Apr 2006, 12:44 pm

man see parking car over thier....i dont think so its an good idea...........we all meet in wonderland and then we will head towards mumzar better.................just pray to GOD tat all our cars be ready till thursday.coz some of my friends car got different problems.....some of them got clutch problem some head and some fuel pmp.some electric...i dont know what had happened.............but just pray that they all get alright.....by thursday one of my frineds soarer will get ready, gts tomorrow, and mark 2 on wednesday.hope they get fixed soon

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 17 Apr 2006, 5:27 pm

Reviewing the votes: 10 for Thursday and just 2 for Friday, I guess we already know that everyone prefers Thursday night. Regarding the place, since UB Meets are famous (amongst those who know about them) for meeting at Wonderland, I would suggest we meet at the same spot this time too.

It's actually easier for everyone since we've already had our last 2 meets there. Plus, we first need to intro ourselves to each other rather than just meeting at Mamzar directly and looking at each other's faces. We could meet at Wonderland first, spend a few mins. and just go for Mamzar (because it extremely boring watching the guys playing cricket in that parking lot) hehe..

Koobi, your friends (who are not members) will obviously ask you one general question: What is the meet for? I guess you won't have a proper answer for that. So, just tell them that we're going to take pictures of cars (at night-time) for a site (i.e. UAE Boost). So if they're interested in getting their cars up online, they can come and nobody has any problem.

We amongst ourselves, know each other. So no problem for us, but those who don't even know about the site will at first think that its a kind of a "Show" which its not. That's why I normally don't want any non-members to come. But if they can spend some time, I don't have any problem with that either.

UPDATE: No changes to location/timings. We'll meet at the same spot, at the same time.

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 17 Apr 2006, 8:00 pm

Hmmm..might come for the meeting cuz the show has been cancelled.....screw the organisers !! :evil:
c ya all there !

KkiL
UB Junior Member

Post by KkiL » 18 Apr 2006, 11:23 am

Accord98 wrote:Kkhil,

the hyundai coupe looks really good the way it is. There are small things that u can do to make it stand out - without going overboard (as in a whole bodykit, etc.)

when we met, u had already ordered the Tuscani emblems? thats an amazing start!! -- see wat Mikeh's done to his car as well... Its tasteful and contrasts from other Coupes in Dubai.... his lights, wheels, emblems, lowered etc etc makes it give it a more agressive stance.... again, like Mikeh, i am also more about performance - so my suggestion is go for mods :D

sry we hijacked this thread!
see, heres the thing
First, the performance of the coupe is highly underestimated.
for sure it can't beat a souped up supra or a skyline, but stock for stock its a pretty powerful car, and pretty torquey
and as far as performance goes, I really can't get any performance from the local market, n then theres the question of WHERE to get it done.
and please don't tell me performance motorspares, cuz they rip the shit outta you.
heres what I'm thinkin of doin.......audio, there are some decent ppl but even they are hell bent of rippin the shit outta you, like gulf wireless for instace, the dude didn't want to sell me anything other than the JL audio W7 series woofer and amp ( just the woofer and amp = 4K)
body, u really think I should goto sharjah for a kit??
lol
if anything I'd rather fiberglass my kit myself, and shit I don't even know how to do it

so basically its about choosing crappy service/quality and low price, against decent service/quality (NOT GOOD, just decent) and VERY high prices

so what I've decided to do is, mod SLOWLY and wisely rather than just jump into getting a supercharger and a widebody kit

as far as emblems go, I STILL HAVEN'T FREAKING RECIEVED THEM YET
although hopefully, in the next couple of weeks I will

KkiL
UB Junior Member

Post by KkiL » 18 Apr 2006, 11:23 am

oh and mods, sorry for the hijack

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 18 Apr 2006, 11:38 am

Kkil, do like me.. don't trust local markets, and order stuff at honest prices.

I have the same problem as you. PMS sells way-overpriced air filters.. and claim they can tune your chip and let you gain a 40 hp increase!! Bullsh*t if you ask me.

So, for my coupe, I ordered stuff from the outside. Where did you order your emblems from? I had mine in two weeks from seoul.. Hell, my headers only took 4 days from Dakota.

But as you said, mod wisely and slowly. You know (and I'm sure you know) the places to get the stuff, so think twice before submitting your car to a few monkeys with welding machines who'll charge double for a custom exhaust for instance.

Example:

SSA headers + SSA Catback is more or less 600 or 700 dollars, that's a 2500 dirhams (more or less)

Go to fox, ask for the same and they will charge you 6000 dirhams. The SSA products are dyno tested and such, and there are certain things to look out for (I had my transmission cable melting because of touching my rear downpipe) ... but you can do it, and I am more than happy to help you with anything.

Plus, the feeling of modding your car yourself..

For audio the same thing, yes you can go with cheaper amps and speakers here, or decent (as you said, "just" decent not super) products at an overpriced rate. Think wisely, sometimes.. or even often, buying the produtcs overseas and paying for shipping.. is usually cheaper then buying them here.

Why? (i feel a rush of UB cash coming to me again):

Let's take performance motor spares; they don't order in bulk. They order just one intake for you and a few other goodies for other people. They use http://www.stillen.com to order it. Do they get a discount on it? Maybe a tiny one.. and I doubt that even. Then they get it, you pay partially for the shipping as well for the others (who ordered heavier things) and they add their share on top as well, because in the end PMS has X people working for them.. who need to get a salary. The workshop's rent costs money, machines... everything.

Okay, i'll stop.

Kkil, you coming to the next meet? You can look at my emblems :D

Al Koobi
UB Senior Member

Post by Al Koobi » 18 Apr 2006, 5:08 pm

admin by today inshallah all the cars will be ready but only one car r 33 gtr that will take more than 1 week..............and gts mark 2 they all got fixed,aristo......who was fixing his AFC is also goin to be ready by tomorow.hope you guyz come to the meet....all of ya

KkiL
UB Junior Member

Post by KkiL » 18 Apr 2006, 9:48 pm

mikeh wrote: Kkil, you coming to the next meet? You can look at my emblems :D
I haven't ordered the emblems yet.....too lazy.....but I did get the billet steering wheel emblem :)

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 19 Apr 2006, 12:04 am

Shalashaska wrote:Date: April 20 2006, Thursday
Venue: Wonderland Parking Area, Dubai
Timings: 10pm onwards.

We meet at the Venue, take off at 11pm for Mamzar (or any suggested spot) and the rest is upto the users to decide. Confirmed attendants: Post as soon as possible. Suggestions AND Final decisions should be completed by April 15. No ideas and/or excuses will be accepted after the deadline date.

Attendance Reward: UB Dh500
Hello! mr president...

Am I eligible attand... as I dunno ma standin in UAE boost

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 19 Apr 2006, 9:32 am

Yes you are a member, so you can come :)

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 19 Apr 2006, 9:33 am

KkiL wrote:
mikeh wrote: Kkil, you coming to the next meet? You can look at my emblems :D
I haven't ordered the emblems yet.....too lazy.....but I did get the billet steering wheel emblem :)
Let's PM eachother more about hits (we're hijacking the thread again) .. Hope to see you at the meet tomorrow!

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 19 Apr 2006, 9:44 am

mikeh wrote:Yes you are a member, so you can come :)
Thank u

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 19 Apr 2006, 12:13 pm

A request to all users: Please come ON TIME since we intend on leaving for Mamzar ASAP. As usual, I "might" be A BIT late but that doesn't mean you all come late too! Hehehe..

See ya'll! :)

Marzx
UB Senior Member

Post by Marzx » 19 Apr 2006, 12:49 pm

Im coming.... but Y do i have a feeling im not invited :@