Members Meet May 2006

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 29 Apr 2006, 9:45 pm

All views and suggestions for our next meet shall be posted in this thread. The topic will be renamed as we decide on any new location/times/dates for our next meeting or agree on our usual setup.

My Suggestion: Everything should be the same, except for the fact that we should be leaving for Mamzar a bit later so that we could get some more time for taking pictures. As some of you might have noticed, some cars that attended are not seen in the pictures. For the fact that we intented to take as many high-res pics as we could, most of us wanted to go to Mamzar earlier while some of us even lost the way.

Further Plans: I plan on a daytime Honda Owners Meet again anytime by the end of May or beginning of June. So, we might want to discuss on that as well.

Stickers: I got many requests by users for printing smaller versions of the site's stickers. For confirmation purposes, please post your requests along with your size and quantity. The cost will be mentioned in relation to the size you may prefer.

UPDATE: Dates confirmed at 25th May 2006.
UPDATE: Timings confirmed, starting 9PM onwards.
UPDATE: Timings changed, starting 10PM onwards.
UPDATE: Venue confirmed, Wonderland Parking Area, Dubai.
Last edited by Alpha on 15 Mar 2007, 8:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.

FLIPNOY
UB Junior Member

Post by FLIPNOY » 29 Apr 2006, 10:58 pm

i want stickers too :D

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 30 Apr 2006, 12:27 pm

FLIPNOY wrote:i want stickers too :D
Please mention the size (Small / Large) and how many do you want.

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 30 Apr 2006, 9:27 pm

Hmmm Well..my board exams are startin on 17th May and end of 2nd june...then i can attend all meetings !!
regarding stickers....I think a small size wud be betta cuz these idiot cops of shj and ajman might stop our car and ask what site is this all about ? cuz i saw an anjad petrol who stopped a guy and the owner of the jeep wrangler was removing sticker from the rear window of his car....he had got something written in english !!

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 30 Apr 2006, 9:31 pm

The cost for the small sticker will come upto Dh10 each. If you guys are okay with the price, I'll get them printed at our next meet.

Are we confirmed here?

Hammood_Junooni
UB Senior Member

Post by Hammood_Junooni » 30 Apr 2006, 9:40 pm

hmmm whats the size and design ?? I dont mind !!

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 30 Apr 2006, 9:54 pm

Hammood_Junooni wrote:hmmm whats the size and design ?? I dont mind !!
The size is almost the same as only the "Boost" part of the current larger version. The design is exactly like the one you see in the Header on the top.

(The small version is approximately the same size as the "Boost" part of the larger one as seen on the windsheild of this Civic.)

FLIPNOY
UB Junior Member

Post by FLIPNOY » 30 Apr 2006, 10:55 pm

2 small sticko for me :D ... dont know they stop cars with stickers .. never experience it yet. several times ive been beside ANJAD and they never question the honda-tech.com written on the rear side of my window.

what if u have %#%$.COM stickers ? :D

adj911
UB Advanced Member

Post by adj911 » 01 May 2006, 12:41 pm

i thnk sticker enuff for me :?

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 01 May 2006, 12:46 pm

Maybe keep the stickers in another thread? Or some kind of UB Shop (instead of fake cars :))

Maybe we should have a programma, and have people decide on it. Frankly speaking, yes, i did ran away from mamzar.. because I didn't find it worth.. Or we should just have some suggestions and then we can still see which one it is..

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 01 May 2006, 12:56 pm

Okay then. Post your "suggestions" then. Atleast let me know what you guys prefer so that we won't have any problem deciding what to do after meeting at Wonderland (or any new place that you might prefer.) We should either meet at Wonderland, give away stickers, introduce to new members and go back home whenever we want to, OR, meet at Mamzar, do the same and enjoy watching some other guys racing too!

Why is everyone so scared to be at Mamzar? We're just going to go and park the cars there. No one's planning to mess with the cops in any way. As long as the cars don't make any noise, no one will be fined for anything.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 01 May 2006, 1:11 pm

Sam wrote:As long as the cars don't make any noise
You wanna push the car? :)

Yeah, i just wanted to see what everybody wants. Maybe new suggestions will come up.

2 small stickers for me as well, same size as Accord's.. :)

FLIPNOY
UB Junior Member

Post by FLIPNOY » 01 May 2006, 1:57 pm

Ohhh mennggg ! its so freakin hot outside ... :cry: ... how about we go swimming :P

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 01 May 2006, 2:10 pm

FLIPNOY wrote:Ohhh mennggg ! its so freakin hot outside ... :cry: ... how about we go swimming :P
Hehe.. Why not meet outside Jumeirah Beach Park then? :P:D

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 01 May 2006, 2:15 pm

Sam wrote: Why is everyone so scared to be at Mamzar? We're just going to go and park the cars there. No one's planning to mess with the cops in any way. As long as the cars don't make any noise, no one will be fined for anything.
yes , you may be right ! if we only park there , but i think some of us want to do something , race may be ! watching another guys race ? i think better we do the race ! i believe some of us want to show their skill , car and learn something for the others memebers!!