Members Meet February 2006

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 15 Jan 2006, 3:24 pm

lol
(1) Its not Pizza Hut --- Hardees's and KFC
(2) its not really sand -- kinda like 'rough ground'. (u knw - small stones, but still hard ground -- not really sand.)
(3) if its an issue, we can meet somewhere else! :)
such as Knowledge Village Parking Lot? A.U.D PArking lot??!
or are these too far? - anyways just suggestions.

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 15 Jan 2006, 6:57 pm

If you guys are interested ...today i spotted a really neat place.

Opposite Mina A'salam (Madinat Hotel) ..... they have an open air parking lot...

this place is Huge !!!!! -- again its 'hard ground' - with small pebbles....

Saw a Land Cruiser and Patrol playing around and drifting!!!!
but nice place for us to meet ...!

fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member

Post by fatboyzlim » 16 Jan 2006, 12:26 pm

again its 'hard ground' - with small pebbles....

:nono: ... no way. I'v got issues with my cv joints and fear there could be a crack in the boot. Grease and sand aint a good combo for the joints. Peace.

Gtr-35
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2006 300c srt8

Post by Gtr-35 » 16 Jan 2006, 1:21 pm

Lets meet up in Knowledge Village Parking Lot and then think of going somewhere from there :) at 8 the parking lot will b empty too! and plz dont keep postponding the date

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 16 Jan 2006, 3:20 pm

The date will be fixed at Feb 10 but just be sure of ONE spot. How about anywhere on Al Diyafah Street? or Al Riqqa Street <- they got alot of restaurants etc.

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 16 Jan 2006, 4:13 pm

oooo.... parking is an issue.... plus i wanna see all ur guys cars!

THere is one place on Diyafah .... next to Jabal Al Noor Cafeteria.... large parking lot where alot of cars roam around on thursday night....

....its opposite this other cafeteria ...cant get the name..... but if anyone knws what im talking bout ..... explain.

Khan
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:1989 CRX Si

Post by Khan » 16 Jan 2006, 4:35 pm

yeah thats also good place accord98
and FEB 10 is ok.....

fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member

Post by fatboyzlim » 16 Jan 2006, 4:45 pm

Accord98 wrote:oooo.... parking is an issue.... plus i wanna see all ur guys cars!

THere is one place on Diyafah .... next to Jabal Al Noor Cafeteria.... large parking lot where alot of cars roam around on thursday night....

....its opposite this other cafeteria ...cant get the name..... but if anyone knws what im talking bout ..... explain.
oh yeaa .. you cant miss this parking lot. When you approach the Al Diyafah street from the Trade Centre road take the first sudden right after Al Mallah ( Lebanese restaurant with green neons). GO straight from there, miss the first right , take right on the second and on your left you should see this parking lot. . Problem is cops n cid's hang around a lot there coz of the crowd. Not sure if its a safe venue.

fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member

Post by fatboyzlim » 16 Jan 2006, 4:50 pm

Shalashaska wrote:The date will be fixed at Feb 10 but just be sure of ONE spot. How about anywhere on Al Diyafah Street? or Al Riqqa Street <- they got alot of restaurants etc.

why do i get the feeling your in the mood for a very large appetite during this meet of ours ?

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 16 Jan 2006, 9:09 pm

Yea, cops are always at that corner....

But if we are just meeting *casually*, its shouldnt be a problem?!??!

If you guys plan on doing some, burnouts, drifting (way to small anywayz) -- of just general bumming around then this isnt the place....

OR , we could meet there --- have dinner (cause of someones big apetite :oops:) *cough cough* Shalashaska *Cough* --- and then cruise to Warqa, or something.... :P

Khan
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:1989 CRX Si

Post by Khan » 16 Jan 2006, 10:43 pm

yeah....
but most of us dont hav the **casual** type or looks of cars. so i think its problem.
anyways, i will be there. no problem for any place.

yeah if there is no burnouts....no drifts... then there will be no fun.
so warqaa is good.... for that.... and for food i think jebel al noor(al Dhiyafa) is good. but lets see what are ur opinions my friends.

fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member

Post by fatboyzlim » 16 Jan 2006, 11:49 pm

Khan wrote:yeah....
but most of us dont hav the **casual** type or looks of cars. so i think its problem.
anyways, i will be there. no problem for any place.

yeah if there is no burnouts....no drifts... then there will be no fun.
so warqaa is good.... for that.... and for food i think jebel al noor(al Dhiyafa) is good. but lets see what are ur opinions my friends.

Khans got a point there .... if u wanna show off your rides then the spot in Al Diyafah aint right. We'd be spending our first UAEBoost meet behind bars if the whole setup gets fooked. Any other suggestion guys ?!?!

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 17 Jan 2006, 5:25 pm

Guys. Nothing's wrong with me okay. I am *supposed* to be suggesting places for you, so thats what I'm doing. Doesn't matter whether we meet in Diyafah or in some desert watching belly dancing, I don't mind any place at all!

Secondly, I might be going for the TOTB Arabia meet this Friday (in F1 Net Cafe). I'm trying to get any one of the Featured Cars owners with me so that they could clear any of their doubts about the event by the authorities themselves. The thing is, if I'm able to get atleast 3 of these, those 3 cars alone could make up for a cool FIRST UB Members Meet. SO, I wanted to know, if its possible meeting this Friday, i.e. the 20th ? Though I CANNOT confirm anything yet coz I don't know how many of them will actually turn up.

PS. its just a second thought.

fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member

Post by fatboyzlim » 17 Jan 2006, 6:05 pm

Shalashaska wrote:Guys. Nothing's wrong with me okay. I am *supposed* to be suggesting places for you, so thats what I'm doing. Doesn't matter whether we meet in Diyafah or in some desert watching belly dancing, I don't mind any place at all!

Secondly, I might be going for the TOTB Arabia meet this Friday (in F1 Net Cafe). I'm trying to get any one of the Featured Cars owners with me so that they could clear any of their doubts about the event by the authorities themselves. The thing is, if I'm able to get atleast 3 of these, those 3 cars alone could make up for a cool FIRST UB Members Meet. SO, I wanted to know, if its possible meeting this Friday, i.e. the 20th ? Though I CANNOT confirm anything yet coz I don't know how many of them will actually turn up.

PS. its just a second thought.
dont understand ... which 3 cars we talking about? Featured car owners or any 3 members of UAE boost?

Al Koobi
UB Senior Member

Post by Al Koobi » 17 Jan 2006, 9:43 pm

I WOULD SAY WE ALL WILL MEET IN WARQA AT 12.30 AM..............AND ENJOY...I WILL ALSO BRING MY CAR FOR WHEELIES WITH MY GROUP...AND IF THEIR IS MORE GUYZ WITH CARS...........THAN IT WILL BE MORE FUN....ADMIN REMEBER THE GROUP WE ALL CAME THIS THURSDAY THE SAME GROUP.....WHAT DO U ALL SAY