Members Meet February 2006

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
User avatar
Marzx
UB Senior Member
Posts: 612
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 11:40 am
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Post by Marzx » 13 Feb 2006, 1:43 pm

Btw, guys what happened at mamzar once we left?
ImageImage

User avatar
Alpha
Adminstrator
Posts: 6251
Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 6:36 pm
Vehicle: RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Post by Alpha » 14 Feb 2006, 10:42 am

Mamzar was, as usual, a few Soarers, Accords etc. Nothing interesting though..
Administrator | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Accord98
Moderator
Posts: 2521
Joined: 22 Sep 2005, 8:48 am
Vehicle: Toyoda
Location: Dubai

Post by Accord98 » 14 Feb 2006, 11:02 am

Bad news guys,
finally got the pics uploaded on my comp.... and they suck.....

they look really bad becasue of the Night Mode - the camera cant focus well unless its on a tripod.

so i will post the one good pic that came out 'ok'.
Image
Image

The other pictures, turned out like this ... bummer.... :(
Image

I guess next time we need some professional camera's -- Fatboyslim? Shalashaka?
Remember, Remember the 18th of December....
Sparky we shall not forget you.

"I've failed 99% of my trials, in order to succeed in the remaining 1%"
Soichiro Honda - The Power of Dreams

User avatar
Alpha
Adminstrator
Posts: 6251
Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 6:36 pm
Vehicle: RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Post by Alpha » 14 Feb 2006, 11:06 am

Those are really great pics Accord98. It's just the tripod/stand problem that I had too. Mine were on a higher resolution, so I get to see a few green dots in the sky... but these are really nice too... Thanks.

PS. Fatboy, if you forget your cam at the next meet, you're not going home with your Magna.

:D
Administrator | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member
Posts: 458
Joined: 24 Nov 2005, 5:58 pm
Location: Dubai

Post by fatboyzlim » 14 Feb 2006, 11:54 am

Shalashaska wrote:
PS. Fatboy, if you forget your cam at the next meet, you're not going home with your Magna.

:D
Yes Sir.
"A bad day driving is better than a good day at work"

User avatar
Stormline
UB Senior Member
Posts: 764
Joined: 22 Aug 2005, 3:59 pm
Location: england&Iraq

Post by Stormline » 15 Feb 2006, 4:10 am

Nice I wish i was in uae so i can come

Do you not have any more pics ?

User avatar
Accord98
Moderator
Posts: 2521
Joined: 22 Sep 2005, 8:48 am
Vehicle: Toyoda
Location: Dubai

Post by Accord98 » 15 Feb 2006, 8:34 am

i have more pics, but i messed up the 'night mode' option so the pics were all 'unfocused' and blurred.

If u guys really want to see these pics i can upload them, but im warning you -- ur eyes will hurt!

so if u want me to post em-- holla!
Remember, Remember the 18th of December....
Sparky we shall not forget you.

"I've failed 99% of my trials, in order to succeed in the remaining 1%"
Soichiro Honda - The Power of Dreams

User avatar
fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member
Posts: 458
Joined: 24 Nov 2005, 5:58 pm
Location: Dubai

Post by fatboyzlim » 15 Feb 2006, 10:18 am

Accord98 wrote:i have more pics, but i messed up the 'night mode' option so the pics were all 'unfocused' and blurred.

If u guys really want to see these pics i can upload them, but im warning you -- ur eyes will hurt!

so if u want me to post em-- holla!
post em up dude.
when are the other photographers uploading their snaps?
"A bad day driving is better than a good day at work"

User avatar
Alpha
Adminstrator
Posts: 6251
Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 6:36 pm
Vehicle: RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Post by Alpha » 15 Feb 2006, 11:09 am

Too bad, my PC's gone for maintenance. There are already a couple of rides on my list for this month's update. Hopefully, I'll get them all up real soon.

PS. Is anyone of you interested in giving me a hand in doing the Featured Articles? Doing too many of them at the same time only delays the updates.
Administrator | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member
Posts: 458
Joined: 24 Nov 2005, 5:58 pm
Location: Dubai

Post by fatboyzlim » 15 Feb 2006, 11:48 am

Shalashaska wrote:Too bad, my PC's gone for maintenance. There are already a couple of rides on my list for this month's update. Hopefully, I'll get them all up real soon.

PS. Is anyone of you interested in giving me a hand in doing the Featured Articles? Doing too many of them at the same time only delays the updates.

"A bad day driving is better than a good day at work"

User avatar
Alpha
Adminstrator
Posts: 6251
Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 6:36 pm
Vehicle: RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Post by Alpha » 15 Feb 2006, 1:08 pm

fatboyzlim wrote:
Shalashaska wrote:Too bad, my PC's gone for maintenance. There are already a couple of rides on my list for this month's update. Hopefully, I'll get them all up real soon.

PS. Is anyone of you interested in giving me a hand in doing the Featured Articles? Doing too many of them at the same time only delays the updates.

?
Administrator | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member
Posts: 458
Joined: 24 Nov 2005, 5:58 pm
Location: Dubai

Post by fatboyzlim » 15 Feb 2006, 1:15 pm

Standing by for orders. What assistance do you require?

"A bad day driving is better than a good day at work"

User avatar
Alpha
Adminstrator
Posts: 6251
Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 6:36 pm
Vehicle: RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Post by Alpha » 15 Feb 2006, 1:23 pm

fatboyzlim wrote:Standing by for orders. What assistance do you require?

Can you do articles of the kind I feature every month? Meaning: what all I will be able to provide you is the list of mods done to the car, and the car owner's name. The rest is all for you (or whoever wants to do it) to make out.

Well, thats how I do it. I interview the owner for around 5 mins. Ask their suggestions for their own rides, and then questions like: When the car was bought, what made him tune the car, motivation etc. etc. ... and thats whats used to make up the 600+ words article.
Administrator | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
mikeh
UB Super Member
Posts: 4580
Joined: 11 Sep 2005, 1:41 pm
Vehicle: Lexus IS300
Location: Dubai, UAE
Contact:

Post by mikeh » 15 Feb 2006, 10:22 pm

Count me in dude

Cool thing about the blurry pictures, you dont need to blurr the license plates

User avatar
Alpha
Adminstrator
Posts: 6251
Joined: 17 Apr 2006, 6:36 pm
Vehicle: RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A
Location: Dubai
Contact:

Post by Alpha » 16 Feb 2006, 10:31 am

mikeh wrote:Count me in dude
Who wants to work on a Mitsubishi Evolution VI (Tommi Makinen Edition) ? I got a feature-request from the owner: Ryan. I'm supposed to be meeting him this weekend InshAllah (place not decided yet.)

I'll get the list and/or any other details I can get and pass it on to the guy wants to be in!

(Y)
Administrator | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube



Post Reply