UAE Boost Meet '07

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 01 Dec 2007, 1:45 am

Hey prosset, you don't waste any time do you, you posted back here so quick! Lambo was a BIG surprise. :)

Guys, it was great meeting all of you, and hosrom, thanks for the advice about the mafterburner.

I'm looking forward to the next meet to see you guys again; should be good. The jebel Hafeet thing sounds like a lot of fun, we should definitely do it.

See you all next time!

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 01 Dec 2007, 2:14 am

i had great time in the meet too , nice to meet you all !!

varshik
UB Dedicated Member

Post by varshik » 01 Dec 2007, 2:27 am

hey guys it was really nice meetin all of yall.and the meet was surely a success!
great job sam:)

@prossett,
really nice pics there :D would love to have the high res pics :) ill pm you the details.

AZ_ME
UB Dedicated Member

Post by AZ_ME » 01 Dec 2007, 4:32 am

i just got back home
yes i know 4.30 am where on earth did i go well that's a secret l0o0ol
meeting was very good
every 1 was realli busy talking about car's etc no 1 was free :D

it was nice meeting u all
see u all next time (Y)

mastercontrol
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Isuzu Trooper 2007

Post by mastercontrol » 01 Dec 2007, 9:23 am

more pictures plzzzz

some of the memebers too

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 01 Dec 2007, 10:12 am

varshik, photos sent, now you can print poster size!!! 8)

Needs daylight for photos - at night the flash won't light up enough. Next time.

Yeah, Jebel Hafeet would be a good run.

abdullah
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:skyline gt +Honda EK +yaris

Post by abdullah » 01 Dec 2007, 10:40 am

sorry guys i didnt make it to come bez day before yestaday i got fine to my skyline bez lots of sound and yestaday i went to zabeel park there was a arabic opraaaa..sorry guys i miss u people see u next time inshallah

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 01 Dec 2007, 11:51 am

It was very nice meeting you all last night! Thanks to all those who made it (prossett, Misha, stone-head) all the way from Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and being their first time (abdultaiyab) I was glad to see the attendance, that didn't match as many as we see on the list below, but we all had a very good time finally meeting each other after a long time (esp. Sparky, Grayfox & Mutayeb) Hosrom was pretty -entertaining- I would say :) , many of our feature-car owners didn't make it because of the cops, but we had no cop-problem whatsoever. We were all well-organized and very well-behaved.

We -do not- have any pictures of the meet because I was pretty busy with everyone. If anyone has got even any cell phone snaps of the Lambo, Porsche and the Honda group, please post. Heads up to adj911 for the beautiful hatchback!

Our next meet will be in January ( :wink: to Sparky) and yes, we would go for a drive to Jebel Hafeet, InshAllah. We'll have the details up only by the end of this month.

Now, the interesting part - below is the list of those we didn't see last night despite being on the attendance list. I would urge all to put down your name only and only if you're confirmed (exceptions to those who were already not confirmed) It helps us to decide on the most likely attendance and we're able to organize better with regards to better times and location for the meets.

1. Mutayeb
2. Sparky
3. Stone-head
4. Eku(STEEL BANGLE)
5. Adj911
6. Kingkenny
7. Chrysler
8. Accord98 *Tentative*
9. GrayFox666
10. hk20
11. abdultaiyab *not confirmed*
12. newimprovednf *not confirmed*
13. toleg + hcp
14. The_AmericanMuscle *90% i will come inshallah
15. usaf23 <mostly yes>
16. Hosrom
17. Eleanor *not confirmed*
18. marko [Club 7th Gen]
19. webhooker [Club 7th Gen]
20. civicmania [Club 7th Gen]
21. abdullah *inshallah i will be there

22. prossett
23. az_me

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 01 Dec 2007, 2:02 pm

View out of my window - my real Jazz, and the wanna-be Jazz I drove to the meet :wink:

Don't worry about attendance, Sam - when we have meets and fun stuff like last night, we'll have people asking please please can I come join??? 8)

Actually, IMO, a few hardcore and in-synch people is better than too many crazies. I was very impressed with the members I met yesterday - uaeboost.net has a real good bunch of talent, both in the love of cars as in the maturity to know how to handle them in a group. (Y)

Individually, whatever you do is your call, but in a group the collective restraint needed to remain civilized (excepting Sam[2], naturally :wink: JK, bud! - what's your username anyways? I mean 86 Porsche Sam) is very important for meets and group events.

We had a patrol come cruise past, and they were satisfied we were behaving as is appropriate in a public place, so they just nodded and kept going. Personally, I have a lot of respect for cops - their job is to keep the public safe, and if anyone is endangering that safety, I support their intervention and subsequent punishment.

I'll tell you something else - 9 years driving in the UAE (lotsa driving!) I have to this date zero traffic fines. 8)

mastercontrol
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Isuzu Trooper 2007

Post by mastercontrol » 01 Dec 2007, 7:06 pm

u drove a lambo to the meet??????????????????????????????????????????????

som pictures plz...

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 01 Dec 2007, 7:54 pm

Hey guys (86 944 Turbo Sam here ;) )

It was nice to met you all, and i do agree with all of you here, it was one of the most mature meetings i have ever been to. My hat is off to you all who made it; Now, looking at the list showing who said that they were coming, i do now realize that there was supposed to be much more people, who magically disappeared from showing up LOL.

It was nice to meet you all, i hope i was not over doing anything, i was just being myself and trying to enjoy the moment (like i always do), and for those who got offended by anything i have done, i apologize ;)

See you guys on the forum and on the next meet!

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 01 Dec 2007, 10:36 pm

You just continue being yourself, buddy! 8)

You know of Maz Jobrani, the comic? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFM2KlOA ... re=related

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 01 Dec 2007, 10:45 pm

mastercontrol wrote:u drove a lambo to the meet??????????????????????????????????????????????
Ya buddy - stroke of luck, that's all! :D

My only regret is I couldn't hear it go by - how did it sound?

adj911
UB Advanced Member

Post by adj911 » 01 Dec 2007, 10:52 pm

A very nice meet, enjoyed every moment of it, thanks to all who showed up (Y) any pic of my sweet Car?

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 02 Dec 2007, 12:43 am

hi guys, its 1am sunday ... i just got time to pop in and say hi !!

it was good to meet most of you, good to put some faces next to your nicks !!

sorry i left early, i work 6 days a week ... so friday is usually for family. im 'allowed' 1 weekend of racing a month ;-) eheheh