Jebal Hafeet Cruise

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 01 Jan 2008, 11:02 am

ok guys, today is the first. If this is happening we need to firm up dates TODAY!

It seems that quite a few people have requested mid-month so im going to go with the 18th of January!

If you REALLY want to attend and cant make it on this day, please post ASAP!!!

2. Un-official small group drive. This one will be a weekend morning, to maintain stealth, for true driving lovers, will include some nice driving roads and a few (totally sane) trials. I repeat - totally sane. I don't do stupid (anymore... old age, you see... :wink: )

Time and date up to me, invite by PM only.
..... just need to firm up dates and get a member list of who wants to come before we go down this route! ;)

So far:

1.Prossett
2.Kingkenny
3.Stone-head
4.Eleanor (maybe?)
5.Neo

have i missed anyone? Please, i repeat, only place your name on the list if you are more than 90% sure your coming!! 50-50 isnt good enough :P

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 01 Jan 2008, 11:04 am

oops, i forgot to ask - Prossett is the date fine for you?
Afterall, you are the tour-guide! :P

abdultaiyab
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

Post by abdultaiyab » 01 Jan 2008, 12:47 pm

argh...dont think i can make it on the 18th...i get only the one day to chill out and go out with friends (and girl friend :wink: )...if its on 17th night through till 18th morning then i am in 100%..

Happy New Year guys....

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 01 Jan 2008, 5:16 pm

abdultaiyab wrote:argh...dont think i can make it on the 18th...i get only the one day to chill out and go out with friends (and girl friend :wink: )...if its on 17th night through till 18th morning then i am in 100%..

Happy New Year guys....

Hey get ur girlfriend along... she might like it..
I am still considering bringing my wife....

But if its all guys show.. i mite re-consider bringing her....
:)

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 01 Jan 2008, 6:30 pm

Friday the 18th it is!!!! (Y)

If it's OK with you guys, what I suggest is as follows:

MEET will be in the late afternoon, park up top on Jebel Hafeet, talk, admire cars, take pics, meet the members, enjoy the weather and view - absolutely no driving stunts at all! - and after sun set head down to town for a sandwich and then free to return to Dubai or hang around.

As earlier suggested, you guys meet at Outlet Mall at 2PM (it's on the Dubai-Al Ain highway, right side, big round ball on roof) - and I will meet you at the entrance to Al Ain to guide you in through the roundabouts straight to Jebel Hafeet.

DRIVE will be Friday morning, leaving Dubai around 10AM and I'll meet you guys at a quiet place in Al Ain. Only invited members by PM, not official, not public. Small group only. We will join with the MEET group when they arrive to Al Ain at around 3:15PM and then join the MEET.

Not only drive, but also cruise through desert dunes (on tarmac), have a nice lunch, slowly crawl through the oasis, maybe even walk up a dune... so basically, a group of friends checking out Al Ain. I repeat: no stupid driving, but some fun driving that is not possible in a large group. Don't expect the Autodrome!!! It's just Al Ain after all... :wink:

So, please add your names for the MEET!

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 04 Jan 2008, 4:06 pm

1.Prossett
2.Kingkenny
3.Stone-head
4.Eleanor (maybe?)
5.Neo
6.GRAYFOX

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 05 Jan 2008, 3:12 am

Aah,I just wish I could make it! Prosett I think you should consider going into tourism,thats an awesome plan!

Hope you people have a blast (Y)

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 05 Jan 2008, 9:11 am

Anything for uaeboost! 8)

My only concern is that people don't burn rubber or act stupid at the meet (from the members signing up I know this will not happen)

Because I'll tell you right away that the moment a group of tuned cars enters Jebel Hafeet area, especially in the late afternoon, eyes will follow every step of the way.

And rightly so - it is a family destination and there will be traffic, kids leaning out of windows, cars stopping to take pics of the views, tour buses, etc.

The Al Ain authorities will not tolerate a group of out-of-town reckless drivers (not us, of course, we will be well-mannered) and I guarantee you they will stomp down really hard to make an example.

Morning and late night things are different, and you'll see the marks on the guardrails and burns on the parking lot tarmac, but late afternon is family time.

So, please, make sure you understand it's a MEET where we drive slowly and 100% legally, park and chat, enjoy the views, and then again slowly drive back down.

I keep stressing this because it's hard to do that when you see that beautiful road and the car just begs for a little more throttle!!! It's like a F1 track, but we must keep disciplined and drive like grandmas... :(

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 05 Jan 2008, 1:05 pm

HELLO GUYZ ,AS I AM NEW TO SITE BUT I WENT THROUGH UR DISCUSSION N I LIKED IT .ITS AN GOOD IDEA TO MEET UP N HAVE A DRIVE WITH ALL THE CUSTOMIZED CARS....I AM REALLY INTRESTED IN JOINING U GUYZ IF U DONT MIND.........

abdultaiyab
UB Dedicated Member

Post by abdultaiyab » 05 Jan 2008, 8:00 pm

count me in.... :D

1.Prossett
2.Kingkenny
3.Stone-head
4.Eleanor (maybe?)
5.Neo
6.GRAYFOX
7. Abdul Taiyab

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 05 Jan 2008, 10:17 pm

looking good guys ! Glad to hear u canmake it abdultayiab

Welcome to UB Custom_Ride.... tell us about urself! Please post up your car in the Members Rides section and even introduce yourself in the Intro section (duh! :P)...

abdultaiyab
UB Dedicated Member

Post by abdultaiyab » 05 Jan 2008, 10:29 pm

Accord98 wrote:looking good guys ! Glad to hear u canmake it abdultayiab
me too man :wink:

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 07 Jan 2008, 11:17 am

CUSTOM_RIDE wrote:HELLO GUYZ ,AS I AM NEW TO SITE BUT I WENT THROUGH UR DISCUSSION N I LIKED IT .ITS AN GOOD IDEA TO MEET UP N HAVE A DRIVE WITH ALL THE CUSTOMIZED CARS....I AM REALLY INTRESTED IN JOINING U GUYZ IF U DONT MIND.........
any member is welcomed (Y) & any body who would like to join in as long as we all behave &
drive responsibly :)
but it ain't gonna be a bling-bling or riced imports show off , just a bunch of petrol heads
who like to meet up , share good times & enthusiasm

BTW I hope it's not gonna be at early early morning , some of us ( AKA me ) are lazy couches 8) 8)

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 07 Jan 2008, 8:45 pm

Indeed all are welcome - last meet was a lot of fun meeting some cool people 8)

sleepy-stone-head, :wink: , for the official club meet, if you guys leave Dubai Outlet Mall at 2PM (it's on the Dubai-Al Ain highway, right side, big round ball on roof) I will meet you at the entrance to Al Ain around 3:00.

As for the Friday morning drive (by invitation only), I suggest you leave Dubai individually around 10AM and I'll meet you guys at a quiet place in Al Ain around 11:15.

Return to Dubai at time of your preference.

slidesquad
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:RWD EVOLUTION 1 CD9A

Post by slidesquad » 08 Jan 2008, 9:24 pm

count me In too,
me and AZ_ME will come 4sure.