Jebal Hafeet Cruise

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 13 Jan 2008, 9:06 pm

i wish i could cum..but i am to far away...
one day InshAllah i should be part of a meet

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 13 Jan 2008, 9:36 pm

Maybe one day we can have a Qatar meet... 8) How long a drive is it? Got a place for 10 Boosters to crash out, even on floor mattresses?

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 13 Jan 2008, 9:43 pm

prossett wrote:
kingkenny wrote:no man !! you should let me know a bit early , my S is still in the garage and my lacer need some body work for the feature !!
:(
:!: I wanted members to come for the meet itself, not just for the prizes or chance to be featured... see who signed up? That's our hardcore membership right there, and those are the guys I want featured, not some dude who only comes in for the photo opp :wink: same thing with the prizes (Y)

Still, don't worry, bud, there will be plenty of other chances for your S and Lancer!!! 8) You're as hardcore as they come, man! :D

5 days to go, guys! (Y)
i didn't miss any memeber meet since i am a memeber here 8) !! 8) it's all because we are representative of UB , don't want to go with a dirty look car(front left fender was damage by some flying stone last week in the rain :( ) !! the feature or price isn't really matter , it is all about fun , know some new friend and see some old buddy !! :D

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 13 Jan 2008, 10:00 pm

Exactly! 8) It's all about the people...

... but I also like to make surprises :D 8)

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 13 Jan 2008, 11:39 pm

I wish I could join but hell, I am not in UAE :(
Anyway wish all the best!
And please dont forget to post the pics.

slidesquad
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:RWD EVOLUTION 1 CD9A

Post by slidesquad » 14 Jan 2008, 1:10 am

i just wish the weather is good like 2day. i know how cold it can get up there :roll:

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 14 Jan 2008, 3:04 am

slidesquad wrote:i just wish the weather is good like 2day. i know how cold it can get up there :roll:
don't wory dude !!the weather can't stop the true enthusiasts :D !!

last friday toyo 24h race , grayfox and me was about to go for it , but i couldn't make it early to meet him and i went there late and alone :$ !!by the time i reach, it was even raining :| , very cold and wet , but found i wasn't alone and there is a lot of friends around , mike and me stay there still 4:00am in the morning !!

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 14 Jan 2008, 7:50 am

kingkenny wrote: mike and me stay there still 4:00am in the morning !!
u both are petrol heads :D , what the hell u were sniffing benzine :wink: :wink:

sorry for offtopic , & yes every body should wear worm cloths it's damn cold there :|

slidesquad
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:RWD EVOLUTION 1 CD9A

Post by slidesquad » 14 Jan 2008, 4:09 pm

don't wory dude !!the weather can't stop the true enthusiasts :D !!
that is true! notin can stop true enthusiast,but i hope it don't rain or we might see some local from al-ain drifters.

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 14 Jan 2008, 4:40 pm

Let's hope not, guys! It's still cloudy today...

If the Al Ain shebab start drifting, it's better to climb the nearest palm tree and watch from up there!!! :| Really really out of control stuff - ever seen crazed 15-year-olds playing with 4.8L engines and 2.5-tonnes of chassis metal.. on friggin Siam sand tyres on wet oily tarmac!!!!!! :| Downtown!!!!

Well, I guess just like American redneck 16-year-olds with pick-ups on mud swamper tyres on ice... :roll: at least they're out on the lake...

abdultaiyab
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

Post by abdultaiyab » 14 Jan 2008, 8:16 pm

ok not many days to go...i was thinking if there are people coming from shj or ghusais maybe we can meet up first and goto Outlet mall from there...i know the location so can be of help...PM me for contact details (Y)

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 14 Jan 2008, 8:54 pm

That's cool, abdultayib - nice of you to offer. 8)

abdultaiyab
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

Post by abdultaiyab » 14 Jan 2008, 9:32 pm

pleasured to be of service (Y)

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 14 Jan 2008, 10:12 pm

As we know, there will be absolutely no racing during the MEET - absolutely.

For two reasons:

1. It will be Friday afternoon, so there will be all sorts of families in cars, vans and buses. These come for picnics and to enjoy the views - not to be terrorized by crazy drivers.

2. Because Jebel Hafeet is a high profile tourist spot, with only one road up and down, it is easily and heavily policed. They set up one little roadblock and they've got the whole mountain.

However, for some people who like the technical aspect of mental preparation - only mental because as we know: no racing at the MEET - here is the track broken down into sections.

It is a very very exciting track, and no driving enthusiast can help not notice how much fun it would be at speed - NOT DURING THE MEET! ... just make it another time and date...

1st Section - from roundabout to 1st parking lot.

2nd section - from 1st parking to closed road.

3rd section - from closed road to 4th parking lot (long one on left).

4th section - from 4th parking lot to hotel entrance road (on right).

5th section - hotel to top parking lot: slow here, too straight, too many entrances (especially the one to the Palace!), and entrance to top parking lot is blind.
Last edited by prossett on 14 Jan 2008, 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Knight_Dante
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS 300

Post by Knight_Dante » 14 Jan 2008, 10:37 pm

i'm not sure if i'm at the right time, but this is not sure... I'll try to join you guys if it's allowed... I'm a new member and I don't know if it's ok if i can join.

If I join it's not by 100% i'll be seeing you guys in Jebal Hafeet cause I might get busy with family, if I have time I'll meet you there if it's possible to join.

Can I join if it's ok with you guys and if I was free?