Jebal Hafeet Cruise

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 16 Jan 2008, 8:19 pm

OK, rain was only light today, it's stopped now with roads already drying up, and tomorrow's forecast is dry and cool - so it looks like Friday will be perfect.

*** IMPORTANT *** *** IMPORTANT *** *** IMPORTANT ***

Here's the MEET location info:

On Friday afternoon I and the drive group will be available to meet you guys between 3:00 and 3:30PM at this location: after 130km of straight highway from Dubai to Al Ain, you will reach the first Al Ain roundabout.

Take a left at that first roundabout. You will see an ADNOC gas station on your right, and on your left, directly opposite, will be a parking lot with a cafeteria called "Golden Burger" - that's the location.

so, LEFT AT FIRST AL AIN ROUNDABOUT, PARK AT "GOLDEN BURGER" CAFETERIA ON LEFT SIDE

As earlier suggested, you guys meet at Outlet Mall at 2PM (it's on the Dubai-Al Ain highway, right side, big round ball on roof) - and I will meet you at the entrance to Al Ain to guide you in through the roundabouts straight to Jebel Hafeet.

If you miss our meeting point, you can also go directly to the MEET which will be in the late afternoon, up at the very top parking lot on Jebel Hafeet.

We plan to talk, admire cars, take pics, meet the members, award the prizes, enjoy the weather and view - absolutely no driving stunts at all! - and after sun set head down to town for a sandwich and then free to return to Dubai or hang around.

See you there!

newimprovednf
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:2012 KIA Optima

Post by newimprovednf » 16 Jan 2008, 10:02 pm

OOps....Its doubtful if i will be able to make it for the meet as said early...
mebbe next meet.... :?

sorry once again...

u guyzz hav fun...

slidesquad
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:RWD EVOLUTION 1 CD9A

Post by slidesquad » 16 Jan 2008, 10:43 pm

the rain did not only mess up dubai but also my cars starter.. :( ... hope fully get it done by friday. pray 4 Me....

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 17 Jan 2008, 8:41 am

Weather's back to normal and no clouds in the sky (but cold!) - it's going to be perfect for Friday.

As for the starter, not to worry bud - I assume the distributor got moist. Just disconnect and dry it out. Personally, I don't like them blowing compressed air into delicate engine parts, so don't let them do that. If you're in a hurry, spraying WD-40 inside will help.

Or do you mean the starter motor doesn't turn over? In that case, it's prolly the contacts from the battery. Disconnect the wires at the starter motor, let them dry and then give them a good scrub with sand-paper.

I need to wash my car!!!!!!

Kingkenny, got the prizes in hand? 8)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 17 Jan 2008, 8:46 pm

got it !! see you tomorrow !!

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 17 Jan 2008, 8:52 pm

Woo-hoo!!! What colours? Are they the real thing? Any that fit you just purrrrrfectly??? LOOOOL :wink:

I have 4 confirmed for the DRIVE so that's going to be a great build-up to the MEET! 8)

Today's weather was perfect - beautiful clean roads, blue sky and very very cold! 8)

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 17 Jan 2008, 11:10 pm

Why the hell am i suffering...
I was all prepared and set up for the meet... you guys wouldnt believe wat happened...
Some idiot banged into my parked car... The driver side door and fenders are busted...
Cant even open the door... i have given the car to the insurance....
I dont know wat to say...
ME and my wife had all planned out and prepared... now its all gone...

DAMN!!!

:$

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 17 Jan 2008, 11:19 pm

Don't worry about the meet, bud - there will be plenty more... I'm just sad to hear about your car!!! :evil:

That really sucks.. :(

Hope you get it back good as new real soon!

boomshankar
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Toyota Supra 1997

Post by boomshankar » 17 Jan 2008, 11:42 pm

hey prosset wat will u be in the outlet mall parking area

boomshankar
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Toyota Supra 1997

Post by boomshankar » 17 Jan 2008, 11:49 pm

hey prosset wat time you will be in the outlet mall parking area, i dont want to travel 130km to the roundabt all alone ,if theres a group crusing it will be more fun..

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 18 Jan 2008, 12:15 am

I'll let someone from Dubai pitch in here - I will wait for you guys at the entrance to Al Ain (first roundabout left, at Golden Burger cafeteria) so I'm not going to be at the Outlet Mall.

It was suggested that Dubai/Sharjah members leave the Outlet Mall at 2:00PM as a group, exactly like you're suggesting.

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 18 Jan 2008, 12:56 am

HEY guys see u 2morrow ,,,,i am an new member but really enjoying this site man IT ROCKS,,,,,good work keep it up,,,,,,cant wait to meet u guys.......

Knight_Dante
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS 300

Post by Knight_Dante » 18 Jan 2008, 1:57 am

hey gusy is it ok if i bring one of my friends with me? i told him everything about you guys... he is so crazy to know you but he is not a member in here..

is it ok ?

and what are you guys going to ware? sport stuff? or (kandorah) ? by the way get something that can make you warm guys cause it's going to be really cold up there...

abdultaiyab
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GT

Post by abdultaiyab » 18 Jan 2008, 8:38 am

sorry guys me will have to pull out of this...facing car trouble, i am guessing cuase of the rain :(...if i can get it up and running ill try to make it straight to jabal hafeet....you guys have a good time (Y)

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 18 Jan 2008, 9:17 am

No prob, abdultaiyab - catch you at the next one! 8)

Knight_Dante, sure bring your friends - your friends are our friends. If driving, please make sure they understand there will be no playing with cars at the meet location (parking lot of top of Jebel Hafeet).

Wear sport stuff, buddy - winter sport stuff, like Ski Dubai, man!!!!! LOOOOOL

Thanks CUSTOM_RIDE! (Y) uaeboost rocks because its members rock - see you there!!!