prizes for uaeboost MEET!

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 13 Jan 2008, 11:14 am

Some good news - I'm pleased to announce that Torque Motorsports has offered three pairs of Alpinestar pro-racing gloves, of combined retail value of around AED 1500, to support uaeboost's meet: "UAEBOOST ROCKS AL AIN!" coming up this Friday, Jan 18th!

They look something like this:

The Torque Motorsports website offers this information:
FIA Approved/Complies with ISO6940 standard. // 2-Layer Nomex construction. // Palm constructed of durable Pittards fire retardant leather for maximum protection and grip. // Top and palm side external seams for greater fit and comfort. // Memory foam reinforced, ergonomically engineered palm pad for heavy shifting. // Pre-curved finger construction.

Source: http://www.mstorque.com/449157549/35746 ... =727499266

My appreciation to Torque Motorsports for demonstrating true support for the racing community. They immeditely responded with encouragement for the uaeboost membership, and that's something I respect.

The Torque Motorsports prizes will be given out fairly to three different uaeboost members at the meet through fun, non-competitive, member-voting in 3 categories. Only uaeboost members qualify.

Thank you, Torque Motorsports!

Torque Motorsports
PO Box 75432, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
(Between Junction 3 & 4, Shk Zayed road)

Phone: +97143475484 / +971506448697
Fax: +97143473836

eMail: info@mstorque.com

I would like to request as many uaeboost members as possible write this e-mail to thank them, also showing them our strength in numbers:

To: info@mstorque.com
I read on uaeboost.net that you are offering prizes for our meet - thank you very much for your support to the grassroots racing community!
[your username]

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 13 Jan 2008, 12:09 pm

now that rocks (Y)
I bit the list will grow on now !! :wink: :wink:

a7med
UB Dedicated Member

Post by a7med » 13 Jan 2008, 12:52 pm

(Y)

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 13 Jan 2008, 2:57 pm

Superb news (Y)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 13 Jan 2008, 9:04 pm

good job PR..this should help UB alot in future meets etc...

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 13 Jan 2008, 11:59 pm

Way to go PR! Befroe thanking Torque MS we all should thank you for your huge contributions to this community (Y) .

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 14 Jan 2008, 1:37 am

Thank you Prossett and MS Torque for all the support and contribution for this week's meet.

Ps. What will be the three categories Prossett? :)

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 15 Jan 2008, 8:11 am

Sorry, just saw this! :$

Actually, I'm still undecided... :wink: whatever the categories will be, it won't be anything serious or competitive. Something like: Which car would you most like to take for a spin?

Or maybe, Which is the most attractive Honda Jazz present at the meet? LOOOL :!:

Also, they way the decision will be reached will be totally by vote from the UB members who are present - no panel of expert judges or anything like that.

Basically, it's more of an in-club fun activity to do at the meet, where everybody gets to play being the judge and look over the cars, rather than a contest with criteria to cover.

Still, we will have 3 pairs of pro racing gloves to award "the winners", courtesy of Torque Motorsports, so best get that beautiful car waxed!!! 8)

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 15 Jan 2008, 11:19 am

prossett wrote:Sorry, just saw this! :$

Actually, I'm still undecided... :wink: whatever the categories will be, it won't be anything serious or competitive. Something like: Which car would you most like to take for a spin?

Or maybe, Which is the most attractive Honda Jazz present at the meet? LOOOL :!:

Also, they way the decision will be reached will be totally by vote from the UB members who are present - no panel of expert judges or anything like that.

Basically, it's more of an in-club fun activity to do at the meet, where everybody gets to play being the judge and look over the cars, rather than a contest with criteria to cover.

Still, we will have 3 pairs of pro racing gloves to award "the winners", courtesy of Torque Motorsports, so best get that beautiful car waxed!!! 8)
i think i wanna come for this .....
as its a Wax DAY !!!!
lol

SD -

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 19 Jan 2008, 10:21 pm

Linking to our Jebel Hafeet DRIVE and MEET event thread

As you know Torque Motorsports supported our January club event with valuable prizes; but the impact I think went much deeper than the value of Dirhams 1,500 they invested in uaeboost.net... I felt the value was one of recognition, one of respect, one of partnership - not business - but partnership from one car enthusiast to another.

That's where it counts, people - in the heart. 8) From one racer to another. We make the community, and in this event Torque Motorsports joined us at community level.

Here is part of an e-mail I just received today:

"On behalf of Torque Motorsports, we are thankful for the chance to help out
the grassroots racing community. We recognize that you are the backbone of
motorsports and we will continue to do what we can to develop it from that
level."

Fellow Boosters, the racing community is not about me, or you, or us, or them - it's about people who share a common passion.

Remember that, it's about people who share a common passion. That's the key. 8) (Y)

I look forward to a long-term relationship based on respect and motoring passion with Torque Motorsports and any other person or group who shares that passion.

Thanks again MS Torque! (Y)

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 20 Jan 2008, 7:33 am

sincere thanks goes to MStorque for supporting & recognizing such meeting ,
& we are - as members here - looking for more ties & bonds in the upcoming
events .
thanks again (Y)