Feb 29th DRIVING SKILL MEET

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
usaf23
UB Special Member
Vehicle:2016 Jeep SRT

Post by usaf23 » 29 Feb 2008, 3:14 pm

well this is my university....so i knw all the roads..and i wont let anyone get lost ;p
kk ...if de dubai - ain road is mixin you people up..then follow this way...

now im sure everyone knws the Aweer Car market......or Fast car Polishing shop <both are oppo each other>
ok..directions...
1 >Near the Aweer Car market theres a small junction
<< if you go left you will enter car market LHD and RHD,there is no right on the juctionmits a kind of T-junction>>

2 >frm the junction go straight ,you will see alot of chasers and RHD cars on your right,keep going straight and a round about will come.

3> frm roundabout take a left,and keep goin straight , a ENOC petrol station wil come on your right..keep goin straight

4> the you will kum up as below is emirates road,keep goin straight and the a deserted junction wil come your way.

5> from that jucntion take a filter right...keep goin stragit on tour right you will see BITS Pilani University campus..keep goin startight...you will gt a RADAR....ITS EMPTY :D

6> a round about will come up, take a left. once you take a left you will see alot of huge brown color campus bldgs,its mahe and all..

7> keep goin straight and a small roundabout will come up..with dead end if u take right.TAKE ROUNDABT u-TURN at this point.

8> NOW lisin carefully...this is tricky...after the round about u-turn, take the FIRST right ...the go staright theres a speed bump and followed bya round about..AGAIN take rdabt U TURN.keep goin straight DNT TKE de FIRST RIGHT but take the SECCOND RIGHT TURN..AND UVE REACHED THE ACADEMIC CITY PARKIN LOT....>>FIANLLYYYY :D:D

if you wana follow the Hatta-Oman road..then follow this::

1> keep goin till u get dragon mart on your right...pass dragon mart n go straight you will get a big round about...a radar on the way..ITS WORKIN...STIK to 110kmh.

2> from that roundabt take RIGHT...n keep goin straight.....

3> you will get a deserted junction...go straight...keep goin stragit on tour right you will see BITS Pilani University campus..keep goin startight...you will gt a RADAR....ITS EMPTY :D

4> a round about will come up, take a left. once you take a left you will see alot of huge brown color campus bldgs,its mahe and all..

5> keep goin straight and a small roundabout will come up..with dead end if u take right.TAKE ROUNDABT u-TURN at this point.

6> NOW lisin carefully...this is tricky...after the round about u-turn, take the FIRST right ...the go staright theres a speed bump and followed bya round about..AGAIN take rdabt U TURN.keep goin straight DNT TKE de FIRST RIGHT but take the SECCOND RIGHT TURN..AND UVE REACHED THE ACADEMIC CITY PARKIN LOT....>>FIANLLYYYY :D:D

if you want more ways ..CONTACT me onthis forum or PM...

the best way is dubai al ain rd...easy and straight.....i gave the directions above to people who might get lost usin the E66 dubai-al ain road..HOPE IT HELPS..

usaf23
UB Special Member
Vehicle:2016 Jeep SRT

Post by usaf23 » 29 Feb 2008, 3:33 pm

CUSTOM_RIDE wrote:HEY GUYZ ANY1 COMIN FRM QUSAIS FOR THE 8PM MEET ,I DONT WANT TO BE LOST ,IF SOME WOULD LIKE TO ACCOMPANY ME PLZ PM ME

ok..jst folow my directions..and u wnt b lost :D

>> take the union coop ghusais road..go straight and you will get emirates road on your filter right....

>> go on emirates road...the whn you keep going straight..take the Academic City exit on your right..it vill be togather with the Furits and Veg market exit...take that exit and climb up ...

>> once you climb up the road..shift on the left track.<its only a 2 track, if you are still in right track the you willl go dwn agaon on emirates rd for Al Warqaa.DONT GO DWN..
as soon as you climb up..shift ot left track..

>> keep goin straight ..you will get a deserted junction...go straight...keep goin stragit on tour right you will see BITS Pilani University campus..keep goin startight...you will gt a RADAR....ITS EMPTY

>> a round about will come up, take a left. once you take a left you will see alot of huge brown color campus bldgs,its mahe and all..

>> keep goin straight and a small roundabout will come up..with dead end if u take right.TAKE ROUNDABT u-TURN at this point.

>> NOW lisin carefully...this is tricky...after the round about u-turn, take the FIRST right ...the go staright theres a speed bump and followed bya round about..AGAIN take rdabt U TURN.keep goin straight DNT TKE de FIRST RIGHT but take the SECCOND RIGHT TURN..AND UVE REACHED THE ACADEMIC CITY PARKIN LOT....>>FIANLLYYYY :D

HOPE IT HELPS..

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 29 Feb 2008, 7:20 pm

Leaving now, see y'all there!!!

I am the guy with the blue car and the camera

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 29 Feb 2008, 11:30 pm

so how did it go? too excited to see the pics of this meet !!!

sorry i couldnt make it, my integra is in its final stages of completion...it needed some attention :-)

Kenny did the honours of testing its suspension = Thx Ken :-)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 29 Feb 2008, 11:59 pm

albertho555 wrote:so how did it go? too excited to see the pics of this meet !!!

sorry i couldnt make it, my integra is in its final stages of completion...it needed some attention :-)

Kenny did the honours of testing its suspension = Thx Ken :-)
anyday bro , it's my pleasure , hehehe!! the car is so aggressive even it is stock , albertho555 keep us update !!

the meet is good , the drive parts is fun too ,i just didn't expect the weather is this cold tonight , shouldn't leave my jacket home .

afnan740
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2008 Evo X GSR
Location:Abu Dhabi - UAE, Lahore - Pakistan, Brisbane - Australia

Post by afnan740 » 01 Mar 2008, 12:01 am

hey guys sorry cudnt come for the meet the reasons are as shown in da images...the garage guy said i will get it on thursday evenin but he didnt do the paint job.......cursed dat guy so much.........
Attachments
DSC002570.JPG
DSC002580.JPG

nuttyprincess
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:06 GT Mustang-11 F150-14 CBR 250R

Post by nuttyprincess » 01 Mar 2008, 12:03 am

nana ( albertho ) you wont believe this,..i like get there for the meet and my accel goes...i was like ooo myy gooddd what timing...wasnt able to take part for the driging skills stuff..finally Ribur ( thanks so muccchh bro ) took me n my bf out to Dragon Mart to go get the recovery guys,.,..( where they got lost ) ......

maaan this was such a mess hehe...so sorry guys had to ditch you all for the ub meet trust me i dint want it to be this way......

was nice seein u guys either way Prosett , Ribur , Kenny n all

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 01 Mar 2008, 12:07 am

Good fun, nice people, some crazy driving!!! 8)

First of all, the happy winners with their prizes, generously supported by Yellow Hat:

For the DRIVE, we parallel parked into the tighest of spaces that even our resident Kerama pro Ribur couldn't get in; we drove through a minefield of our Nutty shopping professional's bags; we slalomed in reverse; we even drove blindfolded!!!

Overall a bit bizarre, actually pretty difficult tests of driving precision, and definitely fun!

Nice to meet new friends, and great to link up with some old ones. Nutty really is Nutty, in the best way possible!! (Y) :D

The MEET:

Thanks all for your support, thanks to Yellow Hat for sponsoring the prizes, and thanks to all who attended.

My apologies to Eku who I missed sending the PM to - sorry, bud! Next time...

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 01 Mar 2008, 7:10 am

Nutty> these things happen, all part of driving hi performance cars. I've been out of races for past 3 months because of my engine. Now I have it back but still can't race because I need to break in the engine...this is life in the fast lane. Hope your axle issue gets fixed soon, if you need help just let us know.

PR + crew> looks like you guys had a lot of exciting fun !! Good to see the pics, got any pics of the cars in action? I was all ready to come, but needed to work on the car in the morning and mrs wanted to go shopping in the evening :-(

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 01 Mar 2008, 7:14 am

SORRY GUYZ COULDNT MAKE UP FOR THE MEET,,HAD STAY AT WORK 4 OVERTIME ,,,,,,,,,

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 01 Mar 2008, 7:17 am

usaf23 wrote:
CUSTOM_RIDE wrote:HEY GUYZ ANY1 COMIN FRM QUSAIS FOR THE 8PM MEET ,I DONT WANT TO BE LOST ,IF SOME WOULD LIKE TO ACCOMPANY ME PLZ PM ME

ok..jst folow my directions..and u wnt b lost :D

>> take the union coop ghusais road..go straight and you will get emirates road on your filter right....

>> go on emirates road...the whn you keep going straight..take the Academic City exit on your right..it vill be togather with the Furits and Veg market exit...take that exit and climb up ...

>> once you climb up the road..shift on the left track.<its only a 2 track, if you are still in right track the you willl go dwn agaon on emirates rd for Al Warqaa.DONT GO DWN..
as soon as you climb up..shift ot left track..

>> keep goin straight ..you will get a deserted junction...go straight...keep goin stragit on tour right you will see BITS Pilani University campus..keep goin startight...you will gt a RADAR....ITS EMPTY

>> a round about will come up, take a left. once you take a left you will see alot of huge brown color campus bldgs,its mahe and all..

>> keep goin straight and a small roundabout will come up..with dead end if u take right.TAKE ROUNDABT u-TURN at this point.

>> NOW lisin carefully...this is tricky...after the round about u-turn, take the FIRST right ...the go staright theres a speed bump and followed bya round about..AGAIN take rdabt U TURN.keep goin straight DNT TKE de FIRST RIGHT but take the SECCOND RIGHT TURN..AND UVE REACHED THE ACADEMIC CITY PARKIN LOT....>>FIANLLYYYY :D

HOPE IT HELPS..
THANKS USAF23 4 UR HELP I REALLY APRICIATED IT BUT COULDNT MAKE IT TO THE MEET ,MY BOSSS CALLED ME TO WORK N HAD 2 GO ,,,,ANYWAYS THANKSS AGAIN 4 UR HELP

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 01 Mar 2008, 12:52 pm

(Y) (Y)
congrats to all the winners & many thanks to yellowhat
for their support , sorry I couldn't make it , see you guys
in the next meet 8)

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 02 Mar 2008, 8:48 am

first of all, i thank PR for organizing such drive and meet event and all the members who attended and Yellow Hat for their support and the prizes. (Y)

i think i was too confident when u said parallel parking .. will keep my mouth shut next time.. :D

it was nice to meet some gr8 guys, and to c how tastefully they have done the mods... thanks mikeh for the test drive . :)

Nutty hope everything is sorted out with ur car..

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 04 Mar 2008, 12:44 am

sorry i coudnt make it myself.
i was dissapointed in myself, well i guess theres always another time.
PR ?? :D :D skill meet again...., me waiting... :)

whose got the STAUN deflators ??? :D
SD -

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 04 Mar 2008, 4:10 am

sury guys I didnt make it, i called for duty :D

congrats to the winner and who attend (Y)