Feb 29th DRIVING SKILL MEET

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 20 Feb 2008, 10:37 pm

Sure toleg, as many friends as you want for the MEET, but I'm afraid I'll have to say no to friends for the DRIVE - sorry, but I can't give any room for play otherwise we'll be asking for trouble. I hope you understand - even though you know your friends well, I don't.

The Jebel Hafeet DRIVE went so well precisely because it was limited to uaeboost members who I knew would not go beyond the limit; if I open it too wide, at one point there will be someone who goes beyond and that will be trouble for all.

I want to be able to enjoy events like this without worrying someone's going to do something stupid, and the only way I can think of doing that is by keeping the numbers tight under control.

Sorry guys. Any DRIVES I do will be on invitation only, and any MEETS will be open to all. I can't think of a better way...

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 21 Feb 2008, 9:14 am

prossett wrote:Sure toleg, as many friends as you want for the MEET, but I'm afraid I'll have to say no to friends for the DRIVE - sorry, but I can't give any room for play otherwise we'll be asking for trouble. I hope you understand - even though you know your friends well, I don't.

The Jebel Hafeet DRIVE went so well precisely because it was limited to uaeboost members who I knew would not go beyond the limit; if I open it too wide, at one point there will be someone who goes beyond and that will be trouble for all.

I want to be able to enjoy events like this without worrying someone's going to do something stupid, and the only way I can think of doing that is by keeping the numbers tight under control.

Sorry guys. Any DRIVES I do will be on invitation only, and any MEETS will be open to all. I can't think of a better way...
no problem.... i understand your point no worries (Y)

am i invited hhehe

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 21 Feb 2008, 11:23 am

Sure, buddy - I'll send out the invitations to the DRIVE by PM next week, small tight-knit group.

All uaeboost members and friends are welcome to the MEET, so spread the word.

Also, when you come to the MEET we get to know you personally and so you will get invited to any future DRIVES, too!

Nutty and Stone, I'm counting you in for registering for the DRIVE too, although it shows only the MEET. 8)

Next week I'm going to be asking for help with finding and bringing planks of wood, buckets, rope, and other obstacles.

Everybody make sure you realize there will be no speed, so it'll be really different from what you're used to - think crazy golf!!! :D

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 21 Feb 2008, 1:30 pm

I registered for meeting only since my driving skills really sucks :$ :$
& I don't wanna hit there & scratch there ( but the obstacles are just ropes
n buckets ??? right ?) if so then I'm in , at least I'll get improved without worrying
about dents :D :D

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 21 Feb 2008, 2:15 pm

Yeah, man - no way I want to scratch up our beautiful cars!!! :|

The demerit points will be counted on the wheels touching the obstacles... I guess you could fall off the planks, though... oh well, minus one for the prizes!!!! LOOOL

Just kidding, bud - you'll never have to do something you're not comfortable with - it's all an excuse to have fun together anyways 8)

Count you in?

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 21 Feb 2008, 2:18 pm

just double make sure , AM I IN FOR THE DRIVE ? :D

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 21 Feb 2008, 2:26 pm

Ok , I'm in 8)

nuttyprincess
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:06 GT Mustang-11 F150-14 CBR 250R

Post by nuttyprincess » 21 Feb 2008, 11:12 pm

thanks prosett im deffinitely in hehe.....sure thing about the helping part next week...just ask will do whatever i can :D

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 25 Feb 2008, 2:35 am

hi guyz ,,,i will be there in the meet but i was wondering if i could help u guyz out in building the track,,,i want drive bcz i wont bring my eclipse as it would be out to garage and my other car i dont think it can make into the track no wonder if its slow or fast drivin,,,,but i could just help in building track or some other stufff if u guyz dont mind ,,,,,

nuttyprincess
UB Senior Member

Post by nuttyprincess » 25 Feb 2008, 8:52 pm

hey guys + prosett i am soooo soorrry i truly appologise...wont be able to make it for the driving skill meet...i know id either way make a fool out of myself heheh...but ill be catching up with youl in the evenin for the ub meet...

see you all there (Y)

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 25 Feb 2008, 10:09 pm

No problem at all, Nutty - it'll be good to see you at the MEET if you can make it.

CUSTOM_RIDE, thanks! Awesome of you to offer! 8)

nuttyprincess
UB Senior Member

Post by nuttyprincess » 25 Feb 2008, 10:48 pm

sure man got it all planned out hehe got a company farewell part same evening as the meet....so im using that now as an excuse to get out hehe...my god heights ... :D

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 27 Feb 2008, 12:52 am

Nutty, you better be there in the evening, or be prepared to get a UB slapping :D

See you guys there..

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 27 Feb 2008, 8:25 am

PR

as the date is coming closer, cud u pls fwd the location, time details etc and any additional things which has to be brought. :) (Y)

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 27 Feb 2008, 8:40 am

Yes, PM will come shortly.

Things we need are planks of wood (to balance car on), rope (to outline borders), chalk (to draw circuit), buckets or shopping plastic bags (cones), and anything else that can work to set out a very tight, almost impossible to manouver circuit.

Bring what you can!