Members Meet March 2006

Announcements and discussions regarding members' meets.
mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 13 Mar 2006, 9:06 am

Honda's are taking over the place.. :?

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 13 Mar 2006, 11:52 am

adj911 wrote:hi guys ,im the new member of this site but im crazy about CARS .. so when is the new event coming coz dont wana waste any of it, coz im really already very late member :) if u guys wana see my car u can see here if u like to but dont miss it >> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191800
Welcome to the board Adil J. If you're interested in having a Feature on the site, do let me know. I'd be glad to feature another good-looking Honda.

:)

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 13 Mar 2006, 11:53 am

Stormline wrote:There is nothing new on the main site
The problem arises sometimes. Please refresh the main page using CTRL+F5 command until you see the correct "Last Updated' date.

racer
UB Addicted Member

Post by racer » 13 Mar 2006, 12:17 pm

so when is the next meet of uaeboost members and please this time keep the timings from 8:30 p.m. i think that would be good and nicecar you have got adil. and who ever comes to the meet he should get a 500 ub dirhams to his account what do you say for this

adj911
UB Advanced Member

Post by adj911 » 13 Mar 2006, 3:37 pm

Accord98 wrote:hey Adil,

nice ride, ive seen u before and raced u before :D - but that was a long time ago on Dubai - Sharjah Highway.... :)

U running any mods on that car? (engine mods)

hi Honda98! wazzup. thnkx 4 all tht. what do u OWN ? can i see ur car pic,when we had race? coz i had lot of race on roads somtimes :D

adj911
UB Advanced Member

Post by adj911 » 13 Mar 2006, 3:44 pm

kingkenny wrote:
adj911 wrote:hi guys ,im the new member of this site but im crazy about CARS .. so when is the new event coming coz dont wana waste any of it, coz im really already very late member :) if u guys wana see my car u can see here if u like to but dont miss it >> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191800
welcome ! i like ' its not what u drive ,its how u drive' ! i might saw you friend once ,the red civi ! you both have a nice car !

Hi K.K. , THNKX!
ur correct ya my friend got a RED civic but not modifed too much its just a simple and we had also change rims ,now i hav new rims very nice design just arrive in UAE.
so see ya GUYs sooon!

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 13 Mar 2006, 3:45 pm

When u say u got something new - you gotta post pics!

Where are the pics?!!!?! :o

adj911
UB Advanced Member

Post by adj911 » 13 Mar 2006, 3:53 pm

mikeh wrote:Honda's are taking over the place.. :?

Yo mikeh!
ya Offcourse HONDA rules in evrything!honda is the car of NEXT GENERATION u can play with it can do any thing u want coz the its cheap and u can get the parts from every wher , every things for honda is available!
u knw y im saying this all coz i also have TOYOTA CAMRY 2004
i tried my self every thing i wanted it looks like EVIL i think u people hav seen this car in mamzer i use bring CAMRY also,i changed the logo frm toyota to LEXUS and it look REAL,and the DUAL exhaust BIG ONE woh with a sound like roar sound like german cars..... :D i like evil things

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 13 Mar 2006, 4:24 pm

Ur right, Honda's are the future.....
But they wont be alone.

Alot of other car companies are really coming up. Take Hyundai for instance. Ppl. once thought of them as "cheaper" alternatives and they didnt have much "standing" with ppl. That was 5 yrs ago!
But look at them today...... They are considered to be as good as the japanese companies. in Dubai, and around the world (especially America where they offer some of the best Warranties) they offer some of the best value for money.

Look at VW now - have u seen the GTi adverts - they are trying to tapp the "tuner" market that Honda has led for many yrs.

Toyota too and Nissan - Tiida? -- all aimed at what Honda had for a long time.....
Not to mention the number of cars coming from the American Brands!

Honda will not be alone in the future...... !

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 13 Mar 2006, 5:25 pm

Hyundai is doing pretty okay yeah ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10791371/from/RL.1/ ) yet they still have the badge to come up for. It's like Skoda, even though they improved a lot:

(from)

(to)

it still holds the bad name a bit, and Hyundai has that problem as well. Some companies do fix their issues (look at nissan from 1999 to now) .. Some have to follow with that..

But to all of you, fear the Hyundai :)

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 13 Mar 2006, 5:32 pm

Yea nice article Mikeh!
Says alot !

Do u knw Mercedes said the same thing bout Lexus.
When they were asked, they said they dont look at what BMW, Audi, Porsche, etc - But only at Lexus!

Lexus is what really scares them....!

A few years down the line, Honda and alot of companies could be saying the same about Hyundai :) - and i think they will....

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 14 Mar 2006, 10:03 pm

hi , guys ! does anyone going out this thursday ?

shay sean
UB Junior Member

Post by shay sean » 14 Mar 2006, 11:06 pm

wasaaap guys...........mmmm......long time
hai ther how yu guys doin.........??????? :o i exist over here in ajman as well as in knowledge village.....he heh eh
kinda busy though with all ma projects n shit.....

so y no one is talking about mitsubishi........

even they are really good !!!! :evil:

very evil though to compete anyone....he heh he ...

i think dats too much.......of shit....

so wats happening around?? no new news....... catch yu al later...bye :)

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 14 Mar 2006, 11:28 pm

Mitsubishi? - they are in trouble right now - their cars arent selling to well and they are losing billions! - thank God Mitsubishi Heavy Machinery and Mitsubishy Trucks are there to pool money in - otherwise they would be like Rover !

Yea but mitsubishi, in my opinion, has taken a wrong turn somewhere in the past - they only have a few models that they rely on.
(in Dubai its differnt - they sell everything well 0 especially the Magna - and it IS a good car!) - but worldwide their in trouble.

Their biggest mistake was entering into US and Canada - they arent making money!

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 15 Mar 2006, 9:13 am

I guess they took a wrong target. While Lancers are being sold pretty well, Evo's are a bit too much. Not everybody is gonna buy an evolution, since I guess, it has the boy-racing thing to it.

Magna's are good, but I don't think the world was ready for them yet.. if Mitsubishi can enter the saloon market. The nex eclipse and such, seem good.. but I don't know if the market is ready for it either. They should've kept the platform of the old one.. GSX - awd on a 4g63, now it's a 3.8L fwd car.. tsk tsk tsk :nono: