celebration with UAE team

Organizing a race or a casual cruise? Any event coming up? Discuss!
Al Koobi
UB Senior Member

Post by Al Koobi » 01 Feb 2007, 10:14 am

guyz if you dont want to miss out this celebrations be there....where all the pp come to join and celebrate uae winning gulf cup...be there at 2 .....

The special reception will be held in appreciation of the team's historic achievement, which made the nation very proud and happy.

According to Director General of the Department of Protocol and Guest House, Khalifa Saeed Sulaiman, the reception would be at around 2pm.

This will be followed by a carnival which will start from the entrance of the Dubai World Trade Centre, passing through some main streets of Dubai and then to the Global village where a grand celebration would be held to mark the historic achievement.

Sulaiman urged all sports fans to join in the major national celebration to share the joy and happiness of this huge national achievement.

And Guyz if u r goin dnt forget to snap pics where others can also see who had missed it....take video clips too

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 01 Feb 2007, 3:39 pm

So it will be traffic tonight?

Thanks..

abdullah
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:skyline gt +Honda EK +yaris

Post by abdullah » 01 Feb 2007, 4:31 pm

guys it is tomorow and it will star at 2 0 clock afternoon from shikzahid road.

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 01 Feb 2007, 4:39 pm

Dam they're making a big deal out of it :? its only the gulf cup. Only 8 teams involved and i heard they gave out 8 million dhs for the team from emirate companies, probably more now

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 01 Feb 2007, 4:44 pm

t-dogg wrote:Dam they're making a big deal out of it :? its only the gulf cup.
I agree.

If UAE has beaten Real Madrid or something, okay.. that's cool. But yemen, Saudi and Oman.. wow, there's an achievement.
Last edited by mikeh on 01 Feb 2007, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 01 Feb 2007, 4:47 pm

And the %#%$ burnouts are never ending these days..

Al Koobi
UB Senior Member

Post by Al Koobi » 02 Feb 2007, 1:38 am

Al Koobi
UB Senior Member

Post by Al Koobi » 02 Feb 2007, 11:41 am

yoo guys there is an award for those cars whihc are modified with all those stickers and flags.....they will select 7 cars and award them woth 10,000dhs....you guys b there

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 02 Feb 2007, 10:36 pm

omg - this was probably the dumbest thing in the world. I was stuck in traffic for 2.5hrs cause some dumbasses thought that they should park their cars in the middle of the road and dance!

This is foolish and kinda kidish ........

Oh yeah - award people for placing stickers all over their cars so that they cant see anything and cause accidents! - Wow! - i wonder why we have such a high accident rate! :arrow:

jarrah
UB Advanced Member

Post by jarrah » 02 Feb 2007, 10:48 pm

t-dogg wrote:And the %#%$ burnouts are never ending these days..
thats true man i have already changed two set of tyres for the mustang all on buhyira and lol no enough money for a third set so decided no to go out today have fun guys (Y)

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 03 Feb 2007, 12:19 am

Lol i saw this dude trying to pull off 1 wheel burn out with his 4by4.. it sucked so bad, didnt make any smoke. I was like, habibi ween el dukhaan? He just stopped ashamed.

People were even burning out till popping the wheels in sharjah i hear.

But yeah, the only people benefited from this day were the UAE team getting so much bloody freebies.. and the tyre companies.

Woohoo go emarattt :roll:

varshik
UB Dedicated Member

Post by varshik » 03 Feb 2007, 5:44 am

t-dogg wrote: People were even burning out till popping the wheels in sharjah i hear.
on buhairah there were 2 guys, one with a suzuki gsxr 750 and another with a gsxr 1000... the 750 fellow did a burnout and then someone put petrol or something on his tyre and lit it... :!:
he kinda stopped but realised his tyres were already half gone so he continued the burnout till the tyres wore off completely... :happy:

another orange patrol fellow did a burnout till his tyre burst...there was a LOUD bang and his right rear tyre burst :) people thought the patrol was gonna blow up...:D that was when the cops started stopping the burnouts...

and some dumasses had spilled oil opposite majaz park for doing burnouts and donuts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

there were also stories of one person dead after he got hit by a car doing a donut on the road near al massa cinema...many guys suffered small injuries...specially the guys on roller blades...

ScOrPiO ZaiB
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ScOrPiO ZaiB » 03 Feb 2007, 8:25 am

:| What a Celebration Was That.....I had Read In The Newspaper That There Would Be Very Tight Security Police Wont Let ppl Do Any Burnout ETC..ETC....But The Way I Saw PPL Celebrating I Was Shocked....Police Tried 2 Stop Many PPL But They Were Like F&%K OFF....I Have Never Seen Dubai Celebrating Any Thing Like This Before....While Moving In The Rally A Corolla Man Stopped The Rally And Started Doing Burnout.....It Was Fun (Y) (Y) (Y)

nuttyprincess
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:06 GT Mustang-11 F150-14 CBR 250R

Post by nuttyprincess » 03 Feb 2007, 6:02 pm

woa man i seriously had some good fun yesterday with my buddies.....hehe it was more of 4 guys n me in one car .....had a good time in mamzar and jumeirah, saw some good backfires wheeling, blah blah blah...in short...I HAD FUNNNNNNNNNN....FINALLY ...HEHEH... :D ..yeaa im soo happy (Y)

nuttyprincess
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:06 GT Mustang-11 F150-14 CBR 250R

Post by nuttyprincess » 03 Feb 2007, 6:05 pm

ScOrPiO ZaiB wrote::| What a Celebration Was That.....I had Read In The Newspaper That There Would Be Very Tight Security Police Wont Let ppl Do Any Burnout ETC..ETC....But The Way I Saw PPL Celebrating I Was Shocked....Police Tried 2 Stop Many PPL But They Were Like F&%K OFF....I Have Never Seen Dubai Celebrating Any Thing Like This Before....While Moving In The Rally A Corolla Man Stopped The Rally And Started Doing Burnout.....It Was Fun (Y) (Y) (Y)
woa wait a bit....sorry i dint read your post before posting....but police was like all over the place...and all rules were broken yesterday no body stopped anyone, in fact few fellows got a polics guy to do some wheeling .....i dont think guys here would have even celebrated so much for eid or for new year it was really fun........