balloon tires for fj cruiser

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 02 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

If you mean Cooper STT, then forget it. They are too heavy, noisy and mostly suck in the sand.
Pros are that they don't pop off at insanely low psi and run for a long time.

akewalram
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Patrol LE 400HP

Post by akewalram » 13 Oct 2011, 3:14 am

Get them trust me, forget reading all the bad points about them and all that shit, their shit loads of fun to drive with! Also once you go for 900s you won't go back ;) I've been contemplating whether to fit them for my Nissan but the problem is the new Patrol comes with shit loads of sensors and when you put 900s on the car, the sensors really %#%$ you all the time so when putting 900s for me I'd have to also remove some of the sensors so I'm just keeping the stock tires for now.. But soon they'll be gone :)

affsal
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Accord

Post by affsal » 13 Oct 2011, 12:32 pm

i have the cooper STT in my wrangler...good in the sand and bad in the road :grin:

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 14 Oct 2011, 2:48 pm

akewalram wrote:Get them trust me, forget reading all the bad points about them and all that shit, their shit loads of fun to drive with! Also once you go for 900s you won't go back ;) I've been contemplating whether to fit them for my Nissan but the problem is the new Patrol comes with shit loads of sensors and when you put 900s on the car, the sensors really %#%$ you all the time so when putting 900s for me I'd have to also remove some of the sensors so I'm just keeping the stock tires for now.. But soon they'll be gone :)
sensors mess up? what kind of sensors? if its the ABS fitted along with TPMS or its the stand alone TPMS system troubling you? I'm not sure which one of the two is used right now.Those are the only 2 sensors i have ever heard on that come under tire issues, but they are easy fix. Just curious to know
Thanks

akewalram
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Patrol LE 400HP

Post by akewalram » 14 Oct 2011, 5:42 pm

I'm not sure either to be honest, I just know a friend of mine from Dubai and also one from Qatar. Both tried to fit 900s to their NEW Nissan Patrols and the system just kept displaying check tires etc all that kind of bullshit like FULL time so they had all the system sensors or something removed by Sub Zero and now the system doesn't display check tires etc...

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 14 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

REALLY? :S I think it was because you can inflate a lot more in 900's comparing to the tire that comes from dealer? Maybe that could be the reason your sensor was going mad. Those sensors will go bad anyways in a couple of years, you need to change them, even if it is running on stock tires. You have to do a relearning on your TPMS for the 900's, take your car down to the dealer and ask them how to do it, so you can set your tire pressure right to your requirements and your sensors should keep their mouth shut. It could also come from the spare tire because there is a sensor in that too. So if the spare tire is not properly inflated your system will start crying again :grin: . I have only done it in toyota and chevy. We dont have patrols down here in US or else i might give have a chance to work on it :grin: . Im just guessing your friends spare tire had less pressure than 900's so it started crying, pretty much. Anyways whenever you try 900's, let me know how it goes , i would love to do some trouble shooting (Y) .
Cheers

umarcrespo333
UB Junior Member

Post by umarcrespo333 » 29 Jul 2017, 12:48 pm

What do you say to using these tyres second hand that are in good shape? My friend is getting 250 aed for each and wants to use them on his 4x4