Lancer EX GLS + Enkei PF01 18" wheels?

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

Azael86
UB Junior Member

Post by Azael86 » 16 Jul 2012, 2:45 am

Hey guys,
There are loads of topics and information to digest and kind of got confusing so thought i just ask the experts around!

I've got a Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLS 2010 with stock 16" wheels and suspensions.
budget is limited and it's time to change tires so thought i put on some Enkei PF01 rims on it till i'm able to lower/change suspensions/improve power etc later

Any idea if it can handle 18" using stock suspensions?
The GT model has a stock 18" wheels but nor the web neither the "japanese so called experts in habtoor" can give me an answer if it is the same as my GLS or not!

Any assistance would be highly appreciated!

UnKnOwN x
UB Addicted Member

Post by UnKnOwN x » 20 Jul 2012, 4:18 pm

Considering it isnt a 1.5 engine , then the larger rims the better along with low profile tires which are a must obviously.
Although GT has a stiffer suspension setup along with a strut bar which improves its handling over the EX.
And just mind the fender/tyre gap otherwise you might have passing issues.

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 21 Jul 2012, 11:56 am

you can fit the wheels on there no problems. It will make your already slow car even slower due to the extra weight. looks like since your on a limited budget you will not be lowering the car now right?

so with the 18inch wheels and low profile tyres and stock suspension, you car will have what is commonly called as the 4x4 look. i personally think it looks like crap when one changes the wheel but does not lower the car.

at the end of the day, its your car and to answer your question as long as you keep the overall diameter same as stock it will fit your car. google 'tyre size calculator' for more info on what size tyre you should ideally run.

also make sure you get the offset of the enkei wheels correct, too low a offset and your wheels will be sticking way past your fender. too high offset and it will be hiding inside your car.

hope i did not confuse you too much. most ppl think they can just buy a set of wheels without any info. you need to get the tyre sizes right, get the right width, bolt pattern and offset on the wheels etc etc etc.

and finally, dont buy fake enkei from sharjah please for the safety of your family and friends and other people on the road.

sh8ker
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Rolla 2011

Post by sh8ker » 22 Jul 2012, 2:40 pm

Re: Lancer EX GLS + Enkei PF01 18" wheels?
by soflow on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:56 am
you can fit the wheels on there no problems. It will make your already slow car even slower due to the extra weight. looks like since your on a limited budget you will not be lowering the car now right?

so with the 18inch wheels and low profile tyres and stock suspension, you car will have what is commonly called as the 4x4 look. i personally think it looks like crap when one changes the wheel but does not lower the car.

at the end of the day, its your car and to answer your question as long as you keep the overall diameter same as stock it will fit your car. google 'tyre size calculator' for more info on what size tyre you should ideally run.

also make sure you get the offset of the enkei wheels correct, too low a offset and your wheels will be sticking way past your fender. too high offset and it will be hiding inside your car.

hope i did not confuse you too much. most ppl think they can just buy a set of wheels without any info. you need to get the tyre sizes right, get the right width, bolt pattern and offset on the wheels etc etc etc.

and finally, dont buy fake enkei from sharjah please for the safety of your family and friends and other people on the road.
+1 verry well said.

Azael86
UB Junior Member

Post by Azael86 » 26 Jul 2012, 2:36 am

Appreciate the help guys,

#UnKnOwN x - you sure about the stiffer suspensions and strut bar part? as far as the Mitsubishi technicians said that it is exactly the same that's what got me confused the first place..

#soflow / sh8ker - I've done my home work and here;

the Evo x offset is off the chart without a body kit, whilst the GT setup seems quite okay 215/45/18

Surely not going for Sharjahs fake stuff but i can't find the Enkeis i want even @Yellowhat (any clue where to get?)
checked similar models, found the philippines made Rota "Torque" ones are quite similar (and half price) but not forged.. durability reviews aren't so promising but yet can't do much with a 2.0 car anyway.. so what you guys think?

UnKnOwN x
UB Addicted Member

Post by UnKnOwN x » 26 Jul 2012, 3:03 am