Squeaking Sound When Passing on Humps

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

DuaneKier
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Mazda 3 Sedan 2008

Post by DuaneKier » 13 Sep 2012, 1:51 pm

I'm driving a Mazda 3 2008 model with 87K+ mileage, and just recently hear this squeaking sound from my front right side wheel every time I pass on speed humps, its not that loud though but its kinda irritating when hearing it.

Has someone experienced this or maybe someone has an idea as to from what the squeaking noise is coming from?
Last edited by DuaneKier on 15 Sep 2012, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 13 Sep 2012, 3:21 pm

Could be bushings/ worn out springs.

DuaneKier
UB Junior Member

Post by DuaneKier » 13 Sep 2012, 9:40 pm

7afe wrote:Could be bushings/ worn out springs.

Thanks 7afe, do you have any idea as to how much will it cost me for this repair, rough estimates etc?

7afe
UB Senior Member

Post by 7afe » 13 Sep 2012, 11:21 pm

DuaneKier wrote:

Thanks 7afe, do you have any idea as to how much will it cost me for this repair, rough estimates etc?
Springs new would cost you an arm and a leg, you should try some local reputed shops for springs,maybe some other members could recommend you some shop. You could call the parts store guys up and ask them for prices on your bushings and any local garage could do that too.
Cheers!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 14 Sep 2012, 3:51 am

I don't know about Original Mazda Springs but a Set of 4 Springs will set you back around 300dhs in Sharjah BMW Road with Installation.

DuaneKier
UB Junior Member

Post by DuaneKier » 24 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

7afe wrote:
DuaneKier wrote:

Springs new would cost you an arm and a leg, you should try some local reputed shops for springs,maybe some other members could recommend you some shop. You could call the parts store guys up and ask them for prices on your bushings and any local garage could do that too.
Cheers!

Thanks again 7afe, visited Mazda for full check up, advice me to replace the "Lower Arm Assembly" is that the one you call it "Bushing?"

"Lower Arm Assembly" from Mazda cost AED720 + AED300 for the labor, I'm planning to find some alternatives to lower the cost for this thing.

DuaneKier
UB Junior Member

Post by DuaneKier » 24 Sep 2012, 1:31 pm

Tribal wrote:I don't know about Original Mazda Springs but a Set of 4 Springs will set you back around 300dhs in Sharjah BMW Road with Installation.
Thanks Tribal, I will check it from sharjah bmw road hopefully this Saturday, hoping to find good offer.

7afe
UB Senior Member

Post by 7afe » 24 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

Thanks 7afe, do you have any idea as to how much will it cost me for this repair, rough estimates etc?[/quote]

Cheers![/quote]

Thanks again 7afe, visited Mazda for full check up, advice me to replace the "Lower Arm Assembly" is that the one you call it "Bushing?"

"Lower Arm Assembly" from Mazda cost AED720 + AED300 for the labor, I'm planning to find some alternatives to lower the cost for this thing.[/quote]

Bushing will be the rubber part on your control arm which moves with other parts as you turn, go on speed bumps etc. The squeaking sound you hear is metal to metal contact because the bushing(the rubber part) is worn out. Replacing those will make your car quiet again. However,some manufactures do not sell bushings separately , it comes as a part of the control arms. My friend had to replace his control arms because his bushings were bad on his Infiniti Q45. So i would suggest you to do some research on it and see if Mazda is trying to steal your money or what they are telling you is the only way to do it.
Note:Golden rule of thumb, change both(right and left) control arms together because if one has gone bad other one is a ticking bomb. You may never know when the other one will start squeaking and it will only make you angry because you just got your car back from the garage/dealer etc.
Good luck!

DuaneKier
UB Junior Member

Post by DuaneKier » 25 Sep 2012, 9:25 am

7afe wrote:Thanks 7afe, do you have any idea as to how much will it cost me for this repair, rough estimates etc?
Cheers![/quote]

"Lower Arm Assembly" from Mazda cost AED720 + AED300 for the labor, I'm planning to find some alternatives to lower the cost for this thing.[/quote]

Bushing will be the rubber part on your control arm which moves with other parts as you turn, go on speed bumps etc. The squeaking sound you hear is metal to metal contact because the bushing(the rubber part) is worn out. Replacing those will make your car quiet again. However,some manufactures do not sell bushings separately , it comes as a part of the control arms. My friend had to replace his control arms because his bushings were bad on his Infiniti Q45. So i would suggest you to do some research on it and see if Mazda is trying to steal your money or what they are telling you is the only way to do it.
Note:Golden rule of thumb, change both(right and left) control arms together because if one has gone bad other one is a ticking bomb. You may never know when the other one will start squeaking and it will only make you angry because you just got your car back from the garage/dealer etc.
Good luck![/quote]

Well explain 7afe, thank you for enlighten me I really appreciate it much, as I have no clue about this bushing thing and how this parts works on my car. So it might be the bushing worn out the reason why I got this squeaking sound. I will Google on this parts and see if its possible to change only the bushing or otherwise the control arms whichever solves this problem.

Thanks again 7afe... (Y)