Springs

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

sedemeh
UB Junior Member

Post by sedemeh » 04 Dec 2012, 11:03 pm

Hi everyone, can someone help me to find a garage that can cut my car's springs? I want a clean job. I know this is stupid, but i'll take the risk. I plan to cut the springs by 1-2" drop. TIA!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 04 Dec 2012, 11:15 pm

sedemeh wrote:Hi everyone, can someone help me to find a garage that can cut my car's springs? I want a clean job. I know this is stupid, but i'll take the risk. I plan to cut the springs by 1-2" drop. TIA!
:| Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT DO it!
if you think you are going to save some money, you are wrong! this will screw up your Shocks within 1 month of driving which will cost atleast 1000 to replace, plus another 500-800 for new stock springs and bushes after 2 months when the car becomes un-driveable due to the Terrible ride.

If you are on a budget and can't buy brand new Coilovers, go on BMW road and find any Suspension shop and ask for 'Racing jumper' they will get you used Coil-overs, you only have to invest about 800-1000dhs for the whole setup, Compared to about 2000dhs in repairs all just to bring your car back to STOCK condition if you cut it.

Dzenky
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:S2kT

Post by Dzenky » 04 Dec 2012, 11:40 pm

Man its so dangerous to cut them ! never do that pls
buy any springs to lower the car but dont cut..
every spring have rating when you cut her omg old your suspension will be gone soon ,the car probably will be unstable on the bends and ..... just dont

sedemeh
UB Junior Member

Post by sedemeh » 05 Dec 2012, 12:01 am

Thank you guys for the replies. I used to drive my car in my country with 2 and 1/2 cut springs. And i do not have any problem at all. :grin: This is just my another option. I can't see any lowering springs for my car which is corolla XLi. I even looked in the online store but still, i can't find any lowering springs for my car. :(

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 06 Dec 2012, 3:59 pm

Cut the springs...if you'd like to see your car bounce around like a Pimp My Ride reject. If someone says 'mushkil nahin', ask him to %#%$ off.