Tension Rod

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 29 Jul 2006, 2:46 am

hi , guy !

i hear that if you lower your car and the stock tension rod will damage soon , is it right ?

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 29 Jul 2006, 8:55 am

if you cut your spring it will surely give pressure to your other suspension parts. go for the lowering springs..

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 29 Jul 2006, 10:07 am

If you go too extreme with suspension (like those saudi accords you see from time to time), then you better change other parts as well, and not just the springs... other parts being wishbones, tension rods, ....

If you make your lowering a bit modest, then i don't see much issues with it..

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 29 Jul 2006, 6:58 pm

mikeh wrote:If you go too extreme with suspension (like those saudi accords you see from time to time), then you better change other parts as well, and not just the springs... other parts being wishbones, tension rods, ....

If you make your lowering a bit modest, then i don't see much issues with it..
thanks ! i am lower my car like 2 finger , don't you think it will be problem to me !!

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 29 Jul 2006, 7:15 pm

kingkenny wrote:thanks ! i am lower my car like 2 finger , don't you think it will be problem to me !!
depends how big your finger is :)

But if it causes a problem with your suspension.. you should go to the doctor, you have very fat fingers then :)

2 fingers is hardly anything.. i was more referring to those Saudi Honda Mow Lawners (sp?), or those slammed SUV's

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 30 Jul 2006, 8:19 pm

2fingers wont be a trouble bro ... just dont fly over speed bumps like 'theshadow'!!! :)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 30 Jul 2006, 10:29 pm

albertho555 wrote:2fingers wont be a trouble bro ... just dont fly over speed bumps like 'theshadow'!!! :)
i will careful with the bump , hoping it won't happen to me !!

and how is his car ? any problem after that ?

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 30 Jul 2006, 10:44 pm

didnt see him online for some time :)

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 31 Jul 2006, 11:04 pm

kenny .. lower ur ride ... HOW ??

heat the springs .. cheap work, very dangerous n usually screws the car
cut the springs .. cheap work, dangerous, also screws the car
or performance lowering springs ... expensive but worth

I SUGGEST THE THIRD .. coz its the best n a one time expense which wont screw other parts related ...
heating n cutting ur springs jus work for a month or further ... but then u hear strange noises n its very uncomfortable n yeah ur suspensions dont work 100% their ability ...

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 01 Aug 2006, 12:00 am

xheartx77 wrote:kenny .. lower ur ride ... HOW ??

heat the springs .. cheap work, very dangerous n usually screws the car
cut the springs .. cheap work, dangerous, also screws the car
or performance lowering springs ... expensive but worth

I SUGGEST THE THIRD .. coz its the best n a one time expense which wont screw other parts related ...
heating n cutting ur springs jus work for a month or further ... but then u hear strange noises n its very uncomfortable n yeah ur suspensions dont work 100% their ability ...
i've done already , it's too late :cry: !!

i have some true experience about it !!

heat the spring , that is my frist time i low my car , if the work is fine , you can run a year without problem .after a year ,YES! you may hear some weird sound(strange noises) like 'pa,pa' coming from the spring !

cause you know this is my frist time , i don't really know what happen so i
try to replace it many time , i really not remember well ,7 might be 8 times , like i change the spring and i start cut it .....again and again....terrible experience !!

then i found out that , the problem is coming from the rear shock absorber ! you can check it , frist take it out and push it , from the good one it should be tight ! so i buy 2 new shock to the rear , and it is fine now !!

the front is still work good , just the rear and i will keep an eye on it .
if i have any problem , i let you guys know !!

i know it is a cheap work , but you know when i doing it and i don't know where to find auto part ,and don't know the interent thing , i am alone in this uae , no friend and no family , i can ask no one to help :( !! SO i ask myself ' WHY NOT ? ' , since many one doing it !!

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 01 Aug 2006, 2:20 am

hey Kenny !! :? dont think that ur alone in this country ... i agree with Neo .. heating springs is really a bad idea .. but cutting ? it depends on the quality of work .... i have a friend with a 2004 accord and he lowered it thru cutting the springs ... its smooth when ur riding inside .. and hes the one who helped me out when some shop cut my car springs and heated it ... coz i wasnt satiffied with the height .. they heated it and the car was a mess .. it runs like ur riding on a kangaroo .. then i called my Local friend to use hes influence and also to be able to talk arabic and tell them want i want fpr my car ... we went to this shop in sharjah wer he lowered hes accord .. he juz said "u better make it good" ... came back afternoon .. and i was satisfied with the height and stability of the ride ... sometimes it helps when u have a local friend talkin to those shops ... really a big help

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 01 Aug 2006, 11:50 am

WTF wrote:sometimes it helps when u have a local friend talkin to those shops ... really a big help
sure ! that's a big problem for me , how to let the the other guy understand me .

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 02 Aug 2006, 11:56 pm

kenny buddy ... meant no OFFENCE when i said ...cheap work ... but anywayz hope for the best ... but howz the ride now ... any noticeable diff. in the ride ??

n btw once ur in a community ... ur nevr alone ... :)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 03 Aug 2006, 12:52 am

xheartx77 wrote:kenny buddy ... meant no OFFENCE when i said ...cheap work ... but anywayz hope for the best ... but howz the ride now ... any noticeable diff. in the ride ??

n btw once ur in a community ... ur nevr alone ... :)
yes :) !! don't worry bro , you are just telling the true :) !
now it's great , better than before , just still worry about it , don't know how long does it last ! anyways i thinking of change it next year !!
and yes , i guess i won't be alone anymore in the form !