Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 04 Jul 2007, 10:01 am

^ what evolve said.

Have your car taken to a reputed garage. There are many questions one can ask:

What suspension do you have? (cut your springs?)
Are your wheels aligned properly?
Are your tires new, or only some of them are new?
Are your wheels rubbing? Can you, for example, put a hand between the tire and the car?

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 04 Jul 2007, 5:03 pm

hhmmmm yes i guess MIKEH is right..... perhaps the problem occurs because the alignment is not correct, like you make the streering straight, one wheels face forward while the other might be slightly on the other side.... i guess that's the problem, this is mostly seen in the cars driven in desert.... my friend told me that as the sand changes your cars direction as it goes up and down, and you force to go it straight.... later when you come back to road, and drive fast, the vehicle starts to shake and eventually goes on the other side slightly ! hope you got to understand a bit !

BOOST

3mro
UB Senior Member

Post by 3mro » 04 Jul 2007, 8:32 pm

Could you please name any good place to get the alignment done ??

coz my car's alignment is not at all right, when i leave the steering the car immediately starts going right.

boost
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:still dont have one

Post by boost » 04 Jul 2007, 9:45 pm

well i don't have much experiance about cars.... you might ask anyone else also.... like albertho ! he's a racer and would be knowing good places..... well, you have a HONDA right?? no one can do better work than HONDA dealers themselves... try out with the trading enterprises... al-futtaim.... good luck !... though they'll charge much, they'll do a perfect job !

BOOST

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 06 Jul 2007, 9:42 pm

well i think ur car needs wheel balancing... my merc used to vibrate alot after 120km/h when i changed my rims n tyres.. after getting the wheel balancing done, it doesnt vibrate at all at any speed .. wheel balancing will not cost more than 50 dhs. get it done.
i got it done from shj. behind yasmeen building. shop is on the corner opposite service stations. i hope the shop is still ther cuz theyr gona demolish all the buildings there..

newimprovednf
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:2012 KIA Optima

Post by newimprovednf » 09 Sep 2007, 10:39 pm

guyzz.....i went nutzzz.....
this happened to my brand new car....

wen i took the car to showroom...the said its because of balancing and alignment probz....and the nxt day i got a call from service centre sayin that it wa because of tyre and they replaced all 4 tyre...but still the vibration was there and i took my car for 5000 KMS service...now i got it solved...they said the break disk was uneven on some places and now they polished it smooth...

now i'm happy.... :D

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 09 Sep 2007, 11:15 pm

newimprovednf wrote:guyzz.....i went nutzzz.....
this happened to my brand new car....

wen i took the car to showroom...the said its because of balancing and alignment probz....and the nxt day i got a call from service centre sayin that it wa because of tyre and they replaced all 4 tyre...but still the vibration was there and i took my car for 5000 KMS service...now i got it solved...they said the break disk was uneven on some places and now they polished it smooth...

now i'm happy.... :D
u already did 5k..!!! :| you know wat.. i still dint go over 1.7k

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 10 Sep 2007, 12:10 am

i never thought about it but newimprovednf has a point....if the disk arent even it could coz that vibration....wooow thats something i never even thought abuot!!.

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 11 Sep 2007, 10:42 am

Long Time Mates....
Been extremely busy to even check wats been happening here...

I had similar issues...
On my first hyundai while braking there was terrible vibration and it was tormenting me.

It got rectified after they changed the disc.. went under manufacturing defect.

On my Tiburon, the rear was lil jumpy and at the speed of 140 -160 the whole car vibrates like shit.

I thought i had some chassis issue or wheel balancing issue...

But seems like my rear tire due to the adverse condition was worn out unevenly.
I jst put on my spare tire which had 0kms.

So get ur tires checked, maybe they have uneven wear and it cud ruin ur christmas.

3idha
UB Addicted Member

Post by 3idha » 12 Sep 2007, 11:24 pm

Evolve mentioned centering bushes.
When I intalled 16" aftermarket wheels I had vibration even though the tyres where balance before fitting on the car
The problem was the wheel was not sitted in center of hub ,Bushes that fit on the wheel and centerd the wheel solved my problem vibration free at speeds lets say that would trigger radars on abudhabi highway

Bob
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:nothing yet

Post by Bob » 19 Sep 2007, 1:54 pm

Guys, bushes are nothing to do with the wheels.

Bushes are the rubber 'joints' where the various suspension components bolt together. The problem is that after a while you will get wear in the rubber and it will start to perish / fall apart; which means too much play in the joint, incorrect alignment / geometry and vibration amongst other things. There are lots of bushes on the modern suspension system, but it sounds like the garage is talking about the the two large wishbone bushes and a faulty drop-link (a small bar, usually, bolted at either end and connects your roll-bar to your lower wishbone)

One option is to replace the rubber bushes with poly bushes - these are harder than rubber, don't wear and can improve handling - but they will also make the ride noiser and harder.