Wheels & Painting

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 02 May 2007, 10:14 am

Hi guys....

need help from u guys for the above.

first, wheels - as i have discussed earlier, i was planning to get alloys... well i did some research and finally have planned to get either Rotas or Lenso but as i have read thru some earlier posts from sparky abt Lenso wheels. i want all your opinions on which brand i should go for? and what size? i have read in some article that u are allowed to increase by 2 inches (i have 14 inch tires) but i have seen other corollas with the factory alloys of 15 inches.

secondly, i have many dents and scratches on my car due to some stupid drivers opening their doors without caring for the cars parked next to them... will polishing and waxing get rid of these or shud i do a total paint job... and i have noticed some fading on my bumpers ( i know i know that they tend to fade faster than the paint on metal) but is there any way to curb this phenomenon?

waiting for your opinions and suggestions...........

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 02 May 2007, 7:18 pm

Well regarding rims.Get max 17s for ue corrola.And not lenso as they are heavier than Rotas but cost the same.So go Rotas.

Regarding the small dents and scratches, i have the same prob.I talked to people at Honda Service and the told me that first u need to do "Touch Up Paint" treatment, then polishing.And denting first ofcourse.
Talk to TOYOTA, im sure they do it too. (Y)

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 06 May 2007, 12:28 pm

hi guys :(

i met with an accident last thursday and i would like any pointers for a gud bodyshop where i can get the repairs done as i dont want to give it to my insurance company and get it done by some crappy garage who quotes the lowest price and doesnt do a gud job. :mrgreen:

thanx