rubber in the UAE

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 21 Dec 2005, 8:59 pm

Just wondering, I'm looking to buy a set of new tires for my car, and all people are claiming to have good wet traction.. Now, basically, it never rains in UAE.. so I don't car that much about wet traction..

What tires do you guys have good experiences with on the road? Considering: comfort on construction roads (you know how bumpy it gets), wear and "stickyness"?

Is any of you running slicks or semi slicks for daily driving?

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 21 Dec 2005, 10:35 pm

well i have experience with three tyres
(1) Hankook - Very Very Very Bad - nvr get em! (well not soo bad but
out of the three the worst) - they are the cheapest.

Would also like to state that they dont give you alot of traction (my experience)

(2) Yokohama - This is what i used to use ! - (best value for money and
they last and are really comfortable!) - no complaints!!!

If your looking for best value for money, comfort and a great ride - Go for Hama!!! - Really good!

(3) Perelli - (not sure if thats spelt right) - what i am using right now and
are very very good but more expensive !! (still havent tested it out fully
but they are good !!! - very good traction (i am usin P900's)

:wink:

im sure my amateur feedback has not been any help ---but atleast i get the $$$ UBDhs! :wink: :wink: :idea:

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 22 Dec 2005, 10:05 am

Accord98 wrote:im sure my amateur feedback has not been any help ---but atleast i get the $$$ UBDhs! :wink: :wink: :idea:
That's the spirit!! Hehehe..

Your feedback is usefull, i was looking at P900's already.. yet pirelli's always have been more expensive than the japanese brands..

I'll just type some extra characters here to get rich $$ as well :)

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 22 Dec 2005, 10:16 am

Heyyy! You guys seem to be having fun making money out of repeating the same meaning in different words, hehe..

Anyways, I'm using Falken 205-40R-16s.. Not a good choice since they're very very old. Fairly good traction at mid-speeds since I never tried drifiting with my car, hehehe.. but it seriously doesn't last for long.. These would be my last set, definately! and yeah, they're quite cheap too..

Ok, now lemme get some extra $$$s too out of this stupid line! Haha.. :)

Al Koobi
UB Senior Member

Post by Al Koobi » 22 Dec 2005, 11:45 am

if u wnat my sugeestion.........go for MICHELLIN tires.they are expensive but are good also.i always prefer these tires.if u all guyz dont trust....just ask any of the tire shops

fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member

Post by fatboyzlim » 27 Dec 2005, 11:53 pm

Iv got the Yoko AVS Sports n they suck big time .. frickin noisy n wears out damn fast but grips good .. wht u need is something tht wud take u from point A to B without much drama and dont melt once you do a drift ... Based on experience n from that of my friends ( track members at the Porsche Club UAE ) the following few wud be worth ur buck .. Steer clear of anything Dunlop, especially the SP3000.. Bunch of junk

- Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
- Goodyear F1 GSD-2 ( cheaper but worth it )
- Pirelli P6000
- Potenza RE750 ( perfect for the roads we have here )
- AVS ES100 ( one of the best rubber for ultra high performance in the summer)

Hope it helps.

Wicked
UB Senior Member

Post by Wicked » 28 Dec 2005, 9:12 am

shaska Heyyy! You guys seem to be having fun making money out of repeating the same meaning in different words, hehe..

Dom or shall i say VIn says to them

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 28 Dec 2005, 10:06 am

Haha, nice one Wicked! :D:D:D

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 28 Dec 2005, 10:27 am

hey sry...i said earlier i used P900's....
my mistake ...im using P6000 's
and there good!

dubaiceli
UB Junior Member

Post by dubaiceli » 27 Jan 2006, 4:40 pm

Yea the pirelli p6000s are not bad .. i myself was using them before i had to replace my tires. Wanted to get the new ones but it turned out to be quite expensive. So i chose the Bridgestone Potenza GIII .. and im LOVING it.

These tires are sticky, awesome control. Coz when i rev my car into the 6k-8k range the powerband basically the car used to pull quite a bit with the old tires. With these it just stays on track. The only time i actually felt like the car was drifting was when i tried exiting a roundabout at 120 kmph (the one right outside the autodrome) basically i was still having the go-kart feel and let sjust say after that i was just cruising for a while :oops:

Anyway the downsides of the potenzas is the road noise. It is HORRIBLE. Too much road noise if u prefer a quite ride. I just crank up the colume on the stereo and dont bother. And im not too sure about the life of the tires but when i checked online it seemed like the life of the tires isnt really good .. say around 30k-35k,
Oh yea the ones im using are 225/45/R17

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 28 Jan 2006, 7:35 am

I really like Pirreli (P zero i think ):roll: .We always use them.

shay sean
UB Junior Member

Post by shay sean » 03 Feb 2006, 12:15 am

hey guys ......... even i heard pirellis are good ........but man dubaiceli those are expensive......... :o

am running on two new tyres the front ones.......

those are firenzas......i dunno the spell.......he heh didnt get time to read all dat.......

am running on 225/45/R17

i think even these tyres r sexy .....it doesnt spin much and i think coz its too sticky or not..........

but nice traction while turning at 120kmph :o

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 25 May 2006, 8:51 pm

well well well!

excuse me every1... as alredy lot of nice experienced has been shared... i dunno if my ideas will help or not... still...

i have been using BRIDGESTONE as came with car from manufacturer... last year I thought using different rubber... so I bought MAXXIS... they claim to b makin good rubber for off-road... but wht am gettin is scary ride... if u break little hard, its gonna skid... n its wearin out damn fast... though its bit cheaper... my advice is never to buy if u want real value for money...

gud luk...

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 26 May 2006, 8:24 pm

in my expeience well a very limited experience toyo tyres r gud man no sound n all nice gud grip etc etc
hawk

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 26 May 2006, 9:42 pm

Al Koobi wrote:if u wnat my sugeestion.........go for MICHELLIN tires.they are expensive but are good also.i always prefer these tires.if u all guyz dont trust....just ask any of the tire shops

yeh.. michillin tyrez r really gud.. i tried them and used the same tyrez for 4 yrz.. and they dint loose the grip.. i wantd to chg the rimz so got falken..now.. cheaper thn michillin but gud..