Reccomendations for Rotors !!!

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 12 Aug 2008, 10:23 am

hmmmmmm
if i do get a 5lug conversion, im gonna loose my rims.i dont wanna get rid of them.their the best thing that happened to this car. its light weight n runs perfect,
not to sure though
SD-

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 12 Aug 2008, 12:59 pm

oh its geeting longer...

converting to rear disk brake for your stock engine .. again why? is it because you dont have enough stopping power? no its not.. your stock break system works best on your stock engine...

but if you want looks then go for it...

though as i said before... you dont need it..
better invest in a good brake pads, SS braided brake line, and regular change of break fluid.

in worst scenario check your tires as well...if you are not getting right stoping power

real_ashwin
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2008 SE

Post by real_ashwin » 18 Aug 2011, 12:54 pm

ok i know this is an old thread and yes i understand there is no point in putting more stopping power to a stock car unless ur increasing some serious hp. But i want some cross drilled and slotted rotors mainly for looks + a bit of performance. I wanted some big brake kits the AP racing ones are quite expensive around 6K.

My main question is there any shops over here that stock rotors and bake kits in the UAE and any ideas on the pricing?

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 18 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

Performance rotors ?

yeh there has been quite a few places started to sell them since iv opened this thread.

Performance Motorspares would be your best place to look at.

for me to update this thread. i kinda do need the stopping the power with my huge HP Gain. lol,
Got a set of DC2 typr R 99 spec brake system sitting and waiting to be put on !

just hoping to find a 11lbs weight rims as what i currently have. :s

Matt
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:97 Wrx + 07 Wrx

Post by Matt » 18 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

real_ashwin wrote:ok i know this is an old thread and yes i understand there is no point in putting more stopping power to a stock car unless ur increasing some serious hp. But i want some cross drilled and slotted rotors mainly for looks + a bit of performance. I wanted some big brake kits the AP racing ones are quite expensive around 6K.

My main question is there any shops over here that stock rotors and bake kits in the UAE and any ideas on the pricing?
Dont buy drilled as they wear out faster, you also cant skim them. If you just want some more braking power get some better pads for now

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 19 Aug 2011, 1:10 am

Matt is pretty right !

With my current front discs only, i have added russell steel braided lines all four, and Axis Ultra brake pads with Dot4 to complete it.
Its made a hell of a difference !

Notice it for sure.