Reccomendations for Rotors !!!

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 27 Apr 2008, 11:24 pm

hey - thinking of my next Mod .....
i need to get some Disc's in the rear as well and get those Drums off....
i was told to get Slotted Rotors for my honda....
not sure on what exaclty....
any ideas would be much appreciated... thanks

This is a pic before i Lowering the car .... will get latest pics of car Slammed :D

SD -

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 28 Apr 2008, 12:30 am

Not sure which honda you can swap the rear drums with, but i got all around slotted rotors for my accord.Havent installed them yet but the only thing it helps is to cool the rotors abit faster, which i think you dont need since you dont push ur car.

I say go with Brembo blanks.

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 28 Apr 2008, 1:37 am

brake upgrade is good, but why you need it?
is it for bling only or performance? if performance how much HP is your car that you need that upgrade?

not to discourage you but once you replaced it you have to upgrade your brake master cylinder, hydrovac to have it work properly or else its bling.

you can fit rear brake coming from civic SiR, it is bolt on but you might have to get new handbrake cable as your old one doesnt work with it.
theres a lot of aftermarket also but a litlle expensive.

but if you will ask me ... i'll just go with replacing your stock brake lines into stainless steel braided line and good brake fluid and surely it will give you an instant braking.

brake is a system that upgrading one part will not give you a different performance.

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 28 Apr 2008, 3:03 am

i was going to recommend the same thing toleg. My civic got's SIR slotted disk brakes in the front and the rear!! they work like a charm along with feredo pads and bridgstone steel braided brake lines!! trust me you will not be disapointed by its performances especially if its for street use. and on the plus side if you got nice rims which keep enough space open to see the disk then you also got the bling factor :)

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 28 Apr 2008, 6:36 pm

toleg wrote:brake upgrade is good, but why you need it?
is it for bling only or performance? if performance how much HP is your car that you need that upgrade?

not to discourage you but once you replaced it you have to upgrade your brake master cylinder, hydrovac to have it work properly or else its bling.

you can fit rear brake coming from civic SiR, it is bolt on but you might have to get new handbrake cable as your old one doesnt work with it.

but if you will ask me ... i'll just go with replacing your stock brake lines into stainless steel braided line and good brake fluid and surely it will give you an instant braking.

brake is a system that upgrading one part will not give you a different performance.
toleg, i wanted to get some good brakes- more for street Use and quite a few times to use on the track for small autox events in the future.
the other day (this is before i installed my suspension) i speeded up on a short curve, it stuck to the ground pretty well, but after tht curve, i had to stop as it was a T junction, as i did the curve n got back to a small straight stretch, i braked hard, not sudden but really fast, as i did that the REAR or the car did a slight DRIFT, and got straight again when it was at Halt.thats what convinced me to get better brakes..... this was OFF the streets.a near by empty road.

i guess i will go for the stainless steel brake lines etc. like u and tamu suggested, but will it be good for some track events as well ??
So rotors are more of Bling and cooling ? is Rotors and the Disc the same thing ?

so finally what do i do to get RID of those rear drums ?

SD -

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 28 Apr 2008, 6:38 pm

oh and im using at the moment -
AXXIS Ultimate brake pads .....
http://www.axxisbrakes.com/ult.htm

SD -

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 28 Apr 2008, 8:51 pm

Im thinking of going 5 lug as soon as i find the parts for it,
if you can hold on ... my 4lug discs are yours.

eg6/9, ek4/9, dc2/db8 .... all these that came with rear discs will fit our civics. as toleg said, just the hand-brake cable is required.

toleg
UB Advanced Member

Post by toleg » 29 Apr 2008, 10:23 am

albertho555 wrote:Im thinking of going 5 lug as soon as i find the parts for it,
if you can hold on ... my 4lug discs are yours.

eg6/9, ek4/9, dc2/db8 .... all these that came with rear discs will fit our civics. as toleg said, just the hand-brake cable is required.
how much is that :D

toleg
UB Advanced Member

Post by toleg » 29 Apr 2008, 10:32 am

Eleanor wrote:
toleg wrote:brake upgrade is good, but why you need it?

toleg, i wanted to get some good brakes- more for street Use and quite a few times to use on the track for small autox events in the future.
the other day (this is before i installed my suspension) i speeded up on a short curve, it stuck to the ground pretty well, but after tht curve, i had to stop as it was a T junction, as i did the curve n got back to a small straight stretch, i braked hard, not sudden but really fast, as i did that the REAR or the car did a slight DRIFT, and got straight again when it was at Halt.thats what convinced me to get better brakes..... this was OFF the streets.a near by empty road.

i guess i will go for the stainless steel brake lines etc. like u and tamu suggested, but will it be good for some track events as well ??
So rotors are more of Bling and cooling ? is Rotors and the Disc the same thing ?

so finally what do i do to get RID of those rear drums ?

SD -
if you want to get RID of your rear drums.....
as alberto said if you can wait, he has a set of this rotors and caliper, dunno how much he is looking for :D but i gaurentee you its a good one.

but as I have said brake is a system :$
i've got personal experience that i change only the rear drum brake with this disk brake.. believe me when we try to it the older one get better result.

so if you are planning to change it... wait for alberto for the mean time get yourself a a rear disk cable, braided brake lines, brake fluid, oem pads is okey but you can have aftermarket parts :D

as sometimes this are not so easy to get when you need it hehhe

OT: alberto dont forget my commission :$

toleg
UB Advanced Member

Post by toleg » 29 Apr 2008, 10:34 am

by the way what suspension you got ??? :D :evil:

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 29 Apr 2008, 10:13 pm

I love this kind of trading among brothers! 8) That's the uaeboost spirit at its best...

I agree one has to look at brake upgrades as a system.

So, if I understand correctly, you can straight swap drums for disks on a Civic? I didn't know that. Let me check on the Jazz, then!!! I have rear drums, too.

toleg
UB Advanced Member

Post by toleg » 01 May 2008, 4:33 am

96-2000 ek body bolt on
if you can take the whole thing including rear trailing arm, brake disk, caliper, lower arm.... and sometimes come with rear suspension, camber...its done ... what you will need is to check if the pad is still okey, rear brake cable( coZ the one you will get is mostly cut already), bushing especially rear trailing arm bushing... once it fine

then it will fit your 99 ek hatch or sedan

same thing with civic eg body 92-95, integra dc,db, not sure about da, though the only different is the lower arm
as this are different from ek civic fork type.

yours are 4x100 same as civic ek sir or civic sir II in eg
note:
type-r civic and itr 98 specs comes with 5x114.3 pattern.
itr 96 specs 4x114

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 07 May 2008, 7:22 pm

ok toleg ....... wht uv mentioned at the end is alot like GREEK to me.ur perfect with the details.but i need to understand better 1st to get to that part.

finally- WHAT EXACTLY SHOULD I GET- for my honda civic 99 sedan ? in terms of brakes .....

my suspension - GC coilovers, Koni yellows sports

n hmmmmm.... i guess ull get a commision, mayb .....hmmmmm....lol...

SD -

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 07 May 2008, 10:12 pm

eleanor just get the disk and brakes that albertho is offering you. i have the same ones and i am telling you, you wont be disapointed..

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 07 May 2008, 11:18 pm

yup
ill wait of albertho to decide.
anything else tht i need would go good with tht ?
SD -