anyone screwed ur rims by a crash????

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 12 Aug 2006, 6:19 pm

Eleanor wrote:lol.... guys
i knw of a place that is in sharjah..... if u need the location let me knw.
BUT
this place of which i talk about - a pakistani guy owns it...i paid a visit there once .he was friendly n became my frnd.i seen the rims he is Fixing.
porsche's , ferrari's , audi's , mercedes ....... n so on ..... he actually puts a rims thts broken into half back to one peice exactly to normal.its an awesome sight if u see it..... he brings it bak to new.ofcourse if u dont believe in rims being done up again then u wont do it... but i woudnt do it myself.but he seems to do a perfect JOB.its not super glued either.if theres isnt enough of metal on the broken rims he uses other types of metal to melt n s*** ..... whtever he does tht rim looks Perfect.
he also told me the whole of sharjah ( BMW road - rim Boyz ) he supplies to them.he gets broken rims ,bent rims n redoes it. n then gives it bak to good old irani boyz... which they say is brand New..... i dont trust them a bit.
u guys should check this place out... good for heavily damaged rims.

SD -
eleanor ... shj has all the talent ... but hope we could find a doctor who could fix broken bones ... in case sumone usin a broken rim crashes n breaks a bone or more

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 13 Aug 2006, 9:23 am

but i would like to know 1 thing isnt taht dangrous
i mean the bond inbetween the rim will just not be strong enough and can brake any time rite ?
hawk

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 20 Aug 2006, 9:22 pm

hawkeyez wrote:but i would like to know 1 thing isnt taht dangrous
i mean the bond inbetween the rim will just not be strong enough and can brake any time rite ?
hawk
woudnt say brake anytime - but a small mistake or the road like to fast over a bump - i guess it could Bend or worst - brake.....
i dont trust fixing rims in my opinion anyway.id rather put my stock tyres n rims n b happy - lol ....

SD -

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 20 Aug 2006, 10:20 pm

as soon as metal is bent, it become weaker.. right?

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 21 Aug 2006, 1:39 am

Yes Metal once it is bend it gets weak...

I think the OEM rims can withstand some poundin before it needs to be replaced...
My Hyundai had these OEM metal rims... These used to be bend in the edge due to the bad road. Sometimes I can feel it on the steering...

But during the service i get the showroom people to remove the bends. do wheel alignment and wheel balancing... But if the rims loses the shape, then there is no point tryin to fix it.

My point is, the lips tend to get bend due to the low profile tire and bad roads; which can be fixed... but anything beyond that, anything that does structural damage... U gotta change the rim....

tezka64
UB Dedicated Member

Post by tezka64 » 12 Sep 2006, 6:06 pm

that hasn't happened to me... yet...