Nissan Tiida - pricey bushes

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 13 Sep 2009, 3:54 pm

AccordTuner wrote:i dunno y people go to dealerships man .. if u know ur cars ... there's no need of a dealership to tell u the problem of the car ..
and knowing cars is not in born u have to learn it through experience
Can you detect a bushing problem and replace bushings yourself?

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 13 Sep 2009, 4:10 pm

me yes .... and if not u could go to a normal workshop rather than the dealers u kill u for the huge mantainence cost

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 13 Sep 2009, 7:52 pm

I dont know why everyone is bashing the dealership so much. They are the ones that know your car best, especialy if you bought it new. They are pricy for a reason.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 13 Sep 2009, 9:22 pm

I'm not bashing them, unless I have hard evidence that they DO overcharge. Well, I got my car back, 80k service, and I'm not shitting you, it drives like its brand new. Everytime I give my car for servicing, I cringe when I get the estimate, but when I get the car back, I forget it all...

I see no problems in my handling, etc. In my ex-car (Lancer), when the engine mount was messed for instance, I could feel it. Or when the damn front axle was bent while coming down from Jebel Hafeet!

docaam
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:G35s and 370Z

Post by docaam » 13 Sep 2009, 9:31 pm

axle for front wheel drive are risking thing to delay why dont you just get it checked from some workshop checking wont cost

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 13 Sep 2009, 9:36 pm

Well, I thought so as much, but he himself said I didn't have to do it now, I could do it in my next service, which will be my 85k service. If it was in really bad shape, he would've told me so, been dealing with him since 2 years to be exact (bought it in September 2007). Btw, whenever I asked him for an estimate, he started counting something and then gave me the total...seems like it's more than one part.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 13 Sep 2009, 9:43 pm

TNT wrote:
AccordTuner wrote:i dunno y people go to dealerships man .. if u know ur cars ... there's no need of a dealership to tell u the problem of the car ..
and knowing cars is not in born u have to learn it through experience
Can you detect a bushing problem and replace bushings yourself?
My suggestion is if a person is going till 80k to dealership just in case to keep the service history so now also he should keep the serivce history

Just remember 40k and 80k are major services and always cost a lot, and usually what delaer changes are recommended...I goto a nice car wash here and there people are chagiing oils in new Q'7s...Cruisers..Armada like all almost new cars just to save few hundred dirham which for me is pitty you spend 300k buying a car then save 100dh on serive.

Anyways please do get it corss check I will say again..bushes do get bad because of heat as well and yours is 2006 so there is possibility plus if you wont do now it might go muhc more bad

tc and drive safe (Y)

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 13 Sep 2009, 10:12 pm

Thanks docaam, appreciate your concern. Shall get a second opinion, and yeah, you're right about the pricey cars people bring for cheapo servicing, what's with that?!

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 14 Sep 2009, 2:58 pm

Apart from major services you can buy parts form Arabian Automobile's authorized dealers. Price will be less than AA's outlet, guaranteed. And then get it replaced by where ever you like.

My Nissan is getting old day by day and have no intention to sell (well no one will buy looking at odo, I am making record Insha Allah), anyway, now I buy "made for Nissan" parts and get it fixed (if possible DIY) which costs me less than the original parts cost.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 14 Sep 2009, 3:57 pm

Ozimandius wrote:Thanks docaam, appreciate your concern. Shall get a second opinion, and yeah, you're right about the pricey cars people bring for cheapo servicing, what's with that?!
what i meant getting a service at dealership increases cars life for sure and thats why you pay extra for that, regarding pricy car I mean people but 200k+ car and save money on getting service at dealership, quiet common in alain workshops ...they only goto dealership when someone screw the car in changing something important. If you have the money to buy a car then you should keep aside to maintain that as well.

good luck with your findings (Y)

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 14 Sep 2009, 4:14 pm

Thanks guys.