FWD CV boots and Autocross

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 21 Dec 2009, 6:57 pm

toleg wrote:yes, but i usually auto-x the car almost (2) twice a month before(rlc calendar) not to mention the crazy driving/practice before and trackday :D :D
and the car is having a swap engine(more power engine) thats why, and im not rich to have an extra car for daily drive :D

but on my current civic(stock), i drove it once RLC and trackday plus Daily drive still okey with the axle and boots (even its hit by several time of removing and setting my coilover)
Roj , toleg is different case , his ex-eg has upgrade and running at least 3 time more horsepower and still running with the stock axles , further more track day event are extreme hard on the car .autoX can never be compare with track day !!

you just get it replace , as long as you don't upgrade 100hp+ , and you don't track day your car too much . your car has less than 200hp , am i right ?even you autoX 20 time a year , you don't need to worry at the coming 3 year !!

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 21 Dec 2009, 10:15 pm

^ cheers lads!! Glad to hear from the experts... Thanks alot...

Im taking my auto. hyundai coupe for a round and damn its dodgy on track but i dont have another option... :P :P Im looking forward to reduce some weight and make tail happiness and its already a happy tail with my rear tires completely expired..

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 28 Dec 2009, 7:01 am

As Kenny said, be carefull not to lock the steering wheel especialy while understeering. I damaged my whole steering rack and had to replace it when my accord was only 5 moths old. Was covered by warranty though.

Just take it easy first.

ROJ
UB Advanced Member

Post by ROJ » 28 Dec 2009, 8:31 am

^ when ur in the middle of it and all going crazy, u tend to lock it on occasions and wont even have time to think about it. Mine does 1 1/4 turn... but ill take it slow, to save time and money and axles... Costs me 350 bucks with labor, id think twice before choosing a track car, no wonder why cars like hondas r that wanted...

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 28 Dec 2009, 10:11 am

^^

aside from a bit cheap, you can source it out locally and international - a lot of support from after markets.

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 28 Dec 2009, 5:03 pm

my S2000 did the same thing , not eactly same , oversteer lock up !5k for the new rack , my dear !!

ROJ
UB Advanced Member

Post by ROJ » 28 Dec 2009, 5:36 pm

^ im sorry to hear that.. Quite a whoop you put on the steering rack in such situations..