Castrol

Everything about Castrol: News, Events, Offers, etc.

Moderator:castrol

castrol
Sponsor

Post by castrol » 01 Apr 2008, 2:09 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Hamad and I will be representing Castrol on this forum, I have been on this forum for some time.

I will be posting news about Castrol and Castrol's events, I will also answer any questions regarding Castrol or its products, any feedback is also welcome.

Please feel free to ask, comment, and/or discuss about anything related to Castrol.

Thanks,
Hamad

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 01 Apr 2008, 3:25 pm

Welcome Hamad - you have come to the right place to access the UAE grassroots racing enthusiasts community!

One thing that would be cool to hear from you, is how would you suggest a talented motorsports enthusiast prepare for sponsorship so he can take part in rally or karting or auto-x or motocross or other motorsports events as a serious contender.

I know there are members here who have the talent and dedication to be consistent, but they do not have the partnership with industry required to help them take the step into regular amateur or even professional racing. They need sponsors.

I know Castrol has always been supportive of talent, such as sponsoring the Saluki Team, so maybe you could help give some tips to our racers how to move out of the streets and into the professionally-organized circuits and championships running in the UAE.

I write the Motoring section for Friday Magazine, Gulf News, and as a mature motorsports enthusiast, I can personally vouch that the talent we have in this club is real - how can they move forward?

sr20det
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2004 Subaru Legacy

Post by sr20det » 01 Apr 2008, 3:28 pm

Welcome Sir Hamad! :)

BTW, do UAEboosters get a special discount on castrol products?? :D

GT ST@RLET
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:lexus ls400

Post by GT ST@RLET » 01 Apr 2008, 8:08 pm

u r welcome mr.hamad

so happy to be with us :)

good luck (Y)

Irakli
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Altima 3.5 - Patrol LWB 04 - SWB 96

Post by Irakli » 02 Apr 2008, 2:09 am

Very nice, welcome.

I guess I know who to speak to in Castrol now ;)

castrol
Sponsor

Post by castrol » 02 Apr 2008, 11:51 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome..

About the sponsorships, we have sponsored four racing teams within the UAE, one of them is Team Saluki and we are always monitoring the performance of other race drivers. We usually contact the people we see have potential. However, my other post explains about the Castrol Racing Heroes, which is basically a program for improving the skills of drivers that have the passion for racing. If you know anyone in specific that is looking for sponsors, please ask them to send me a PM in order for me to discuss with them further.

About the discount, the sales of Castrol products is done through our distributors so we can not give any discount. However, the prices are controlled by us to ensure that all the distributors price Castrol products fairly.

As I mentioned in my first post, if you have any comments or suggestions regarding Castrol products, I will be more than happy to help.

Irakli
UB Junior Member

Post by Irakli » 02 Apr 2008, 1:40 pm

I have a question. Are there any lube centers from Castrol other then the one behind emirates mall ?
I need a place for oil changes and diff oils and shaft greasing all, can't always do it myself (no place for disposing the used oil..)

castrol
Sponsor

Post by castrol » 02 Apr 2008, 6:48 pm

You can go to Grand Service Station near the defence roundabout (interchange # 1 on Sheikh Zayed Road). There is another one in Mirdiff also, im not sure which is closer to you.

Then there are many garages that can do oil change for you. Maybe it would be better if you can let me know in which area you are looking for a garage/service station

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 02 Apr 2008, 7:14 pm

gud evening sir.
its good to have you here.

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 02 Apr 2008, 9:44 pm

Welcome.
Regarding engine oil, its been while Castrol was like left UAE market (hardly seen) say Castrol was unheard in shops along the BMW road, Sharjah where I normally serviced my car for a while. Hope to see that image change.
Regarding price, I asked service station behind mall of the emirates, asked me almost double of what Eppco, Enoc or Adnoc charges. Hope you will Look into the matter.

I have been fan of name Castrol since my childhood, I still remember back in my country, our gas station used to sell Castrol engine oil. But when I started driving herein UAE, as I mentioned above I hardly found Castrol in the local shops as Mobil1 can be found. Hell now I see lot of advertisement and awareness program, I hope to see Castrol everywhere and comparative as other engine oil brands out there.

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 02 Apr 2008, 10:43 pm

Going back to the sponsorship - it's great to know you contact who has potential, but let me ask a little deeper: what specific criteria are you looking for when you say "potential"?

Is potential measured in media coverage? I suppose that's one tangible way you can measure the success of your investment in sponsoring a racer or racing team, otherwise, even if they always win, if nobody knows about it, I suppose it's not a good exchange for you - so I'd say visibility and media exposure is a major criteria in selection... what else?

Irakli
UB Junior Member

Post by Irakli » 03 Apr 2008, 2:46 am

masabgt wrote:Welcome.
Regarding engine oil, its been while Castrol was like left UAE market (hardly seen) say Castrol was unheard in shops along the BMW road, Sharjah where I normally serviced my car for a while. Hope to see that image change.
Regarding price, I asked service station behind mall of the emirates, asked me almost double of what Eppco, Enoc or Adnoc charges. Hope you will Look into the matter.

I have been fan of name Castrol since my childhood, I still remember back in my country, our gas station used to sell Castrol engine oil. But when I started driving herein UAE, as I mentioned above I hardly found Castrol in the local shops as Mobil1 can be found. Hell now I see lot of advertisement and awareness program, I hope to see Castrol everywhere and comparative as other engine oil brands out there.
I'm with you on that one ... The lube center behind emirates mall of castrol sells the oil for unbelievable prices ... say edge is about 120dhs at Central Trading for 4 litres and there in the lube center its about 180dhs ?!
castrol wrote:You can go to Grand Service Station near the defence roundabout (interchange # 1 on Sheikh Zayed Road). There is another one in Mirdiff also, im not sure which is closer to you.

Then there are many garages that can do oil change for you. Maybe it would be better if you can let me know in which area you are looking for a garage/service station
Never knew about grand service station near defence roundabout doing it, great to know !!!

I live in garhoud so mirdiff would be great, where in mirdiff is the place exactly if you could direct me please ?

sr20det
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2004 Subaru Legacy

Post by sr20det » 03 Apr 2008, 8:58 am

How about in Abu Dhabi Sir Hamad, do you have an authorized service center?

castrol
Sponsor

Post by castrol » 03 Apr 2008, 6:43 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments..

Castrol is a very well known brand globally and is improving itself in this region, we are doing our best to increase awareness on Castrol.

The prices of car oil changes depending on the type of oil, there are different vescosities and they are priced differently, my guess is that the service station charges alot because they charge extra for labour, but im not sure..

About the dealers in AbuDhabi, we do have dealers there, let me know where in abudhabi you are and i will tell you where the closest dealer is.

The service station in mirdiff is next to the bridge that takes you from mirdiff to the airport road.

About the sponsorship, we sponsor well known racers that are on the tracks frequently and have good records, however, i have sent you a PM with my request in order for me to arrange for someone to see you race, good luck..

Thanks everyone and please let me know if i missed out any question or request

prossett
UB Advanced Member

Post by prossett » 03 Apr 2008, 7:23 pm

Thanks buddy! 8) But not for me - I'm an old family man that's not going to excite any youngsters to use Castrol!!! LOOOOOL Though maybe the experience angle could work... no, I was thinking about our young talent on uaeboost, and I was going to nominate KingKenny who races autox and I feel would be a good candidate for sponsorship! (Y) 8)

I'll answer your PM soon, Castrol - thanks for the opportunity.

KingKenny, you there man? You'd better have some good and recent autox placements to put in that PM, buddy! :D