UAE Boost Run 2008 (Discussion-only)

Archived Past Events with photo galleries and all information.
kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 14 May 2008, 3:33 am

prossett wrote:I So it should be free unless we have this hotel BBQ/pool deal.
i think it is better be a free event !! i think we can just have a KFC , and better in a petrol station !!

jagdesh
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2007 BMW 523i

Post by jagdesh » 16 May 2008, 12:01 pm

Hey its nice idea guys...

I am surely in for sure ...

250 dhs for driver and navigator is a good fee but thats just me thinking aloud.

Anyways keeping this a free event is also cool and mostly all cars should be eligible to enter right?? irrespective of car brand and model...!!

Guys i am really excited let me know when this gets finalized ..

Also we can regular check points where we check conditions of the car and also we need come up with a plan if one's car breaksdown ...

Plus if we get more sponsors maybe we can get more stuff into the event ...

Ready to Go!!

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 16 May 2008, 8:05 pm

wats a sprint booster ???

ultrablue662
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ultrablue662 » 17 May 2008, 12:14 am

Dude! This so reminds me of the Eclipse Club poker runs we used to have in Arizona! (Y) I am in for sure, as long as it starts on a Thursday since I work Saturdays. Im sure I cant be the only person who works Saturdays here, right? :(
Dubai - Dibba - Fujeirah - Dhaid - Madam - Shweib - Al Ain and let's see who gets there first. Any traffic fine cancels your run.
But you can still continue right? Just not eligible to win anything. I dont think a traffic ticket should be a reason why someone has to go home.

It starts in Dubai and ends in Al Ain right? are there plans to spend the night in Al Ain? and when might this take place?

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 18 May 2008, 10:41 am

Welcome guys - yes, sure you can continue; the idea is to prevent people from speeding.

ultrablue662
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ultrablue662 » 18 May 2008, 10:59 am

With how the fines and black points are now, I dont think anyone wants a fine. 1000 AED AND 12 points is what you're looking at, oh, and your car is impounded for a month. :-(

Crush
UB Addicted Member

Post by Crush » 18 May 2008, 1:07 pm

In my experience in organizing events it is always better to put a small fee to control the event im not saying 300 .. but some where near , we could leave the money for drinks services of cars and food , we are a non profit org. so all the money will be used for the Run ,

as fo the events i have a couple of ideas an i have some sponsors ready to lay down thre logo on the cars for money , for this point i think it will be great .

to achive a good run i dont think the weather is good now we could talk about it in october or some where then... keep it up guys nice ideas prossett and the rest of the guys .

prossett
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Honda Jazz

Post by prossett » 18 May 2008, 2:36 pm

Yeah, that's a good point on the weather. You can't even stand around and chat...

Participation fee I think is fair if used for the drive, and sponsors of course always welcome for prizes.

Let's keep it for after Ramadan, then, as I'll also be away mid-June to mid-August.

Thanks all for your ideas - I'll go find this thread in a couple of months time.

ultrablue662
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ultrablue662 » 18 May 2008, 7:36 pm

We could always have a small meet and leave the large run for when its cooler.

Say a meet in Dubai (An example) and a lunch/dinner type thing. Im in Abu Dhabi, I dont mind driving for events. but as long as I dont have work or family obligations, Im up for anything.

Mike MRK
UB Junior Member

Post by Mike MRK » 27 Jun 2008, 2:13 pm

i'm in that :)

October, November .. till February will be good for the weather, a fees is also a good idea, 250 aed is like nothing, but for something like a day-use in a hotel, with some luxury after a hard run :)

but my idea for this run is something more like the gumball, not like the cannonball, start from abu-dhabi, heads towrads dubai, from dubai to diba, from diba to fujairah, from fujairah to Khubarah (Oman), and from Khauubrah to Salalah, and then from salalah to Al Ain where Ain will be the last leg of that rally, and an event of karting or something will be good as an ending..

that what i call a rally :), speeding tickets ain't an issue, as ultrablue said, hard to take a risk with all that new laws in fines and demerit points.

Sponsors with Stickers is definately a good idea, where its somehow part of an Ads for these companies, while using or trying their products in package offered in the start of the rally, and in every leg of the rally there will be refreshments, etc..

I love road trips :D

playing around nothin else 8)

Blitz
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:2007 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Post by Blitz » 06 Aug 2008, 11:06 am

Im in... I entered the Arab run and that was shocking. Lets make this more interesting.

ultrablue662
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ultrablue662 » 17 Jun 2009, 9:23 pm

Since this never happened, does anyone want to set a date for this year? Maybe in November? Something short, Maybe start in Ajman, thru Sharjah, cruise in Dubai, and end in Abu Dhabi (At the Turbo Show?)

I dont imagine anyone wanting to cruise in the 50 degree heat! I sure as hell dont want to.

ekU
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:05 Z33 6MT TN ST + 92 mark2 1JZ TT

Post by ekU » 18 Jun 2009, 10:19 am

where is prosset????

~kraZzY_DOo~
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Tiburon 2004

Post by ~kraZzY_DOo~ » 20 Jun 2009, 11:49 am

ultrablue662 wrote:Since this never happened, does anyone want to set a date for this year? Maybe in November? Something short, Maybe start in Ajman, thru Sharjah, cruise in Dubai, and end in Abu Dhabi (At the Turbo Show?)

I dont imagine anyone wanting to cruise in the 50 degree heat! I sure as hell dont want to.

i guess there was a run on the feb 27th, 2009 friday. :|
Even still another one would be great!!