Tuner Cars Gathering, March 19

Archived Past Events with photo galleries and all information.
inkedpiercedemo
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:97 eclipse GSX + 08 LancerEX gt

Post by inkedpiercedemo » 20 Mar 2009, 7:24 am

Eleanor wrote:i didnt expect to make it myself after a rough drive at the desert,
but a quick visit was good enough.
sorry i coudnt stay for long.

INked i didnt see u .... where were u ??????

SD -

i was walkin around in shorts and a black shirt..... :D
did more people start coming after 10:30??

ekU
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:05 Z33 6MT TN ST + 92 mark2 1JZ TT

Post by ekU » 20 Mar 2009, 9:40 am

pics??????

GT ST@RLET
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:lexus ls400

Post by GT ST@RLET » 20 Mar 2009, 12:12 pm

was good meet :)
but not better the previous one

waiting for picz

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 20 Mar 2009, 2:19 pm

hey guys someone pls tell us what happened.
Why did u say it was not better than previous meet?
Where r the pics?
How many members turned up?
Till what time did it go on?
What was the coolest thing that happened?
Any new members with cool rydes?
How was the place?
Go on tell us....

Yesterday was a busy day for me....
Best friends wedding.... Sister coming from india... Wife out for her mba classes...

hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 20 Mar 2009, 2:25 pm

Well as usual, there were different groups standing here and there and talking, lots of hondas, the skylines and supra and soarers. There were some nice cars out there. Unlike the last meet the turnout was less. There was no issues whatsoever even though we had a few people doing donuts and drifts and burnouts and the famous EXHAUST BLASTS !! Waiting for the pics. Nice to meet the people there esp. grayfox,accord,rogue,slidesquad,gt starlet,inked etc.

dj drift
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:I4 2.7

Post by dj drift » 20 Mar 2009, 5:52 pm

i dint gt to see slidesquad's evo :(

Neo

Post by Neo » 20 Mar 2009, 9:22 pm

hk20 wrote:Well as usual, there were different groups standing here and there and talking, lots of hondas, the skylines and supra and soarers. There were some nice cars out there. Unlike the last meet the turnout was less. There was no issues whatsoever even though we had a few people doing donuts and drifts and burnouts and the famous EXHAUST BLASTS !! Waiting for the pics. Nice to meet the people there esp. grayfox,accord,rogue,slidesquad,gt starlet,inked etc.
Good to know our regular members turned up.
Now that the 'get to know' eachother is covered we can take it to the next level.

I am always with the idea of seeing lot of cars at the meets... it looks cool, especially the photo shoot...
But it sux when guys form seperate groups and stays apart.. shows attitude...
Comeon guys.. we all have the same passion and thats why we are at the same place...
Yes its might be true that you have a real hot car...
But let you define your attitude not the other way around...
You are the master of your car and you need to consider everyone.

Everyone loves burn outs, drifts, donuts, exhaust blasts... but thats one thing which will ruin our meets... Our regular members know what wud happen and how it would affect out image... but the outsiders dont care... they just show up... screw up... and leave us in the image...

WE members know who we are and what we have, we dont want to show off for a few mins which might have deep impact on out group. I point no fingers at anyone.. We need to grow up.. and if we go the wrong way we might get plucked out by the root...

It doesnt matter if the turnout was less as I can see the regulars were and that will be our strength on which we can build upon. So from now on we can organize certain events or activities like discussed before during our meets...

Unless its a general meet, we dont want lot of outsiders we cant control... they cant contribute anything to the group or the forum...

I agree many wont share my view... but this has to happen this way... we need control and we need to grow...

I have noticed and this is our problem as khan and grayfox had explained, in our own meet if some outsider turns up with a skyline or supra.. we just drool and drool.... why?

Thanks for listening friends...

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 20 Mar 2009, 10:30 pm

^^^^

those things make me think twice on going down to the place...
i hate people who show-off in public places :D

i dont think its a nice move
meet can be fun without it.....

for the sake of public safety and the group image

neo im with you...

neo im with you with that

slidesquad
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:RWD EVOLUTION 1 CD9A

Post by slidesquad » 20 Mar 2009, 11:00 pm

dj drift maybe next meet you'll see it there! :D

dj drift
UB Advanced Member

Post by dj drift » 21 Mar 2009, 1:31 pm

thanks slidesquad lukin forward to it :D EVO!!!!
and i support you neo, dey were so many groups!!
btw till wat time da meet last 1 of my frnd entered zabeel at 11:30 nd found very few cars 2 or 3 dats it with their hoods open.
so wer are the pics?

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 21 Mar 2009, 1:48 pm

neo is right all the way ...
but then again Neo, u cant force someone to form just one group when their not comfortable with it. i myself try to budge in every type of group to say my hi's , but it takes time to know each other .....

about our meets, i think Sam should organize meets Strictly only and only for the Memebers of UAEBOOST, in an undisclosed location. other than those days, other meets could b made public like what happened in Zaabeel the other day. thats more of a public location now.....
Members meet should only concern Members, n No others.

SD -

dj drift
UB Advanced Member

Post by dj drift » 21 Mar 2009, 8:28 pm

well eleanor, the thing is we (nt pointing at anyone) either dnt hv cars nd we cum in our frndz car, coz our frnd has a Gd car and members will b interested to take a luk at it.
i myself came in my frndz car, as i cud nt take out my car.

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 21 Mar 2009, 9:39 pm

as i said dj drift, public meets can work often, but a strict member meet could be worked out as well, as some of us are having probs with outsiders coming in n giving the Club a Bad Image, name.
this is just a suggestion...
i guess i understand ur part as well ....

SD -

Neo

Post by Neo » 22 Mar 2009, 7:47 am

Eleanor wrote:neo is right all the way ...
but then again Neo, u cant force someone to form just one group when their not comfortable with it. i myself try to budge in every type of group to say my hi's , but it takes time to know each other .....

about our meets, i think Sam should organize meets Strictly only and only for the Memebers of UAEBOOST, in an undisclosed location. other than those days, other meets could b made public like what happened in Zaabeel the other day. thats more of a public location now.....
Members meet should only concern Members, n No others.

SD -
Eleanor, you answered your own question... we wont have to force...

Just like the forum has rules and we members follow it without much knowledge, the meets will also have rules which we end up following with or witout our knowledge.
Its basic manners first of all to not form groups while the meet it called for members.
I mean atleast who ever comes in introduce yourself or greet and move on.
Anyways as you mentioned once stuff get organized we will know what to do...
After than you can form groups and discuss or run around poking eachother. :)

Worse thing than groups is stunts... please be careful.
I would really not love my car to be impounded. I guess the same goes with you all.

I guess its time to generate a thread which says
Meet or Gatherings guidelines

We can all discuss and add points... I neednt be original but we can have some Uaeboost special stuff too.

Eg:-
If there is a meeting,
1) Any members joining or arriving at the meet will have to greet and introduce himself to everyone.
2) One of the first members arriving should take charge of having a head count and attendance roster, so we know who all attended.
3) One or a group of the first members arriving should take charge to meet who ever turns up for the meet if the latter didn't come forward for the introduction.

Regarding point 3, who know if the person whoz come for the meet is a memeber, a thug, a CID, police in disguise or even a criminal.... we need to be careful.

back to the topic....
where are the pics.

Khan
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:1989 CRX Si

Post by Khan » 22 Mar 2009, 7:58 am

nice meet....
turnout was less....
waiting for the pics SAM....

Neo I am with u.........100%