Help UAEBoost BOOST more!!

Feel like giving us a hand?
Post your suggestions here.
ImportFX
UB Senior Member

Post by ImportFX » 23 May 2006, 4:40 am

I think UAEboost has progressed alot in its short time..we have round about 350 members..The cars featured at the site are of high calibre.... The stikers of UAEboost that were created for cars did help in somewht publicity of website...But i think we should get some more ideas for the publicity of website.....Not only locally(ofcourse this is important) but at other forums or websites...I know its UAEboost but the more the members either international or local the better it gets....
Admin wen u hav time u should create more pics lyk the wallpapers...nd specially this kind Image
which can b used as a signature at other websites...
P.S. (I purposely posted this in General Section,so it gets more attention)

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 23 May 2006, 9:44 am

Guys ive really been thinking for a while

and ive got a very good idea, although im not 100% sure....

The only way we will really get recognized as a community is if someone helps us out publicly.

There is one man in the UAE who understands the street racing community very well and wants to help it become more legal and safer - he even said it recently in an interview . That man is Bin Sulayem.

Getting his attention, and working with him to to leaglize mods, make it easier to race etc, is the way i think we should go. Lots of us here (im sure!) - knw where his House is. If we can get his attention somehow (im not saying go and knock onhis door!!!!) -- but maybe hold our meet close to his house?? etc, or if someone knws him???

Whatever we do -- it should be professional.

How about using GearOne, or 7Days to get some attention. They might help us out....

well those are my suggestions...

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 23 May 2006, 9:47 am

the other thing is -- it really depends on how u want this community to grow - especially the type of people on these boards.

If this community does get big (as it seems to be) - sooner or later when accidents are caused by immature drivers -- blame may come this way....

Think about it....

ImportFX
UB Senior Member

Post by ImportFX » 23 May 2006, 10:05 am

Its defintly gonna work nd its a gr8 idea..we gotta think big lyk that...but in order to get their attention first,,,, we need to get the racers or people with good imports attention first...if we get hands on them nd if they support us thn only it can b possible...this site has some gr8 cars but thats not enuff..its lyk 10% or 20% out of 100% in dubai....If u get famous with them,then they will talk bout site...nd then u get publicity,
the problem is that they r already busy in other local sites..nd the biggest disadvantage is that other sites r in arabic language,which ofcourse v cant hav nd all of them are interested in arabic sites mostly....

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 23 May 2006, 10:53 am

but maybe hold our meet close to his house?? etc, or if someone knws him???
One of his house is in Mamzar, the place we all curse and never even think of going (refer to last month's meet when quite many of us just ran away on the way). The other is house is near Al Baraha Hospital, on the corner of the main signal. This is the one with all those Ferraris and the CLK GT-R. But unluckily, there's no place where we could hold a meet there, expect for a small parking lot just beside the Mosque and a Cafeteria.
How about using GearOne, or 7Days to get some attention.
I am really impressed by this idea since I think 7Days are kind of an open source and publisher that publishes anything it finds to be interesting for the teens. So is GearOne but they're a bit too professional and I don't think they'll care to promote communities like ours. Though we "could" also be the first ones if we succeed in convincing them.

I will email 7Days right away. How about the Campus journal? or Notes? It's basically about the students and colleges but they do feature guys like Webmasters etc. I remember reading the interview of the webby of Arabia Motors.
Are you sure this website would accept personal banners? like if I create one for UAE Boost? Yes I'm working on the Wallpapers. Just got my hands on a cool camera to work with.

:)

general_neo
UB Addicted Member

Post by general_neo » 23 May 2006, 12:04 pm

Too long and boring !!
Deleted
Last edited by general_neo on 02 Jun 2006, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 23 May 2006, 6:00 pm

* Well u can have teams, but this place should the area where everyone meets and talks.
At the moment, we don't have enough active members who could be divided into groups and teams. My plans include dividing the members into Teams that would represent, for example, their areas and localities. They could arrive at the Meets in groups and, may be, even have their team name up on their cars. But that's only if we have enough active members.
* We should have more recognised members, i mean racers, tuners, experts etc.. to endorse or maybe be a part of the family.
Totally agree with the point. Currently, we have members who are contributing more to the Images thread than to the Engine forum. However, since I still call our community a "newly established" e-community, I would prefer to wait until we are recognized among more and more people.
* When things really grow big, it gets complicated. And hence we need rulez and regulation.
Until now, the only basic problem we have is of "posting topics in wrong forums". That's not very big of a deal but yes, we will put up strict Rules and Regulations are we grow bigger and bigger.
* Maybe we could have a small month magazine!!!
I don't think thats possible at the moment since we don't have many people working on the site and/or the board. It's basically just one guy designing the site, putting up pictures, writing articles, meeting people to discuss regarding the site etc. But regarding Photography skills, we have many skilled photographers.

If anyone's interested in contributing to the site in any way (Articles, Designing, Managing Forums etc.), you're always welcome. We just need to see how confident and skilled you are.

PS. "Photography" is not an option. I have a passion of automotive photography. :)

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 23 May 2006, 6:13 pm

dunno if ur gonna agree with this ... what if we (UAEBOOST) arrange a carshow .. invite all the groups who wanted to show off their ride like .. Low Riders etc ... i think we can get GearOne's attention and maybe even get covered by them ...

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 23 May 2006, 6:35 pm

WTF wrote:dunno if ur gonna agree with this ... what if we (UAEBOOST) arrange a carshow .. invite all the groups who wanted to show off their ride like .. Low Riders etc ... i think we can get GearOne's attention and maybe even get covered by them ...
Our this Thursday's meet could be a car show by itself (since I'm planning on to get the Low Riders as well.) Not a big deal. Car Shows are easy to arrange. But who wants to see the same cars again and again? Attend any car show and you'll see the Low Riders. Simply because they are the ones who're most aware of such car show happenings and have contacts with the organisers and sponsors.

What I'm aiming for is to get those who DON'T know about car shows or are not interested in car shows (and trust me, there do exist people like them) and make up a team representing UAE Boost. Only then can we have a good car show. Of course... GearOne will beg for coverage.

general_neo
UB Addicted Member

Post by general_neo » 23 May 2006, 6:41 pm

Too long and boring !!
Deleted
Last edited by general_neo on 02 Jun 2006, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

general_neo
UB Addicted Member

Post by general_neo » 23 May 2006, 7:07 pm

Too long and boring !!
Deleted
Last edited by general_neo on 02 Jun 2006, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 23 May 2006, 7:15 pm

hey sam i totally agreee iwth accords all points i will try n pull a few strings to c if i can get to bin sulem i can if my father wants thats hard but will try my best
as for publicity i can help if u want me n T88 n i guess ali n thugs r also in KV so if v c sum guys really intrested cars n hav gud mods how abt talk to them give them stickers n all etc etc .
or i m makinga site for my cousin how abt putting up an add of this forum thier i tell u that ppl in islamabad n lohare will go crazy after this n they hav sum serious macheins running their
if i an be of any help let me no
hawk

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 23 May 2006, 7:20 pm

hey i just got this idea how abt the guy here sryy forgot his name he is a editor or sumthing how abt if v get really cool snaps (as sam i can c is agenius in photography) for hiom n he puts them on his magazine editions 1 by 1 that will give u ppl sum real boost for a start

i even like the idea of a show gr8 idea (Y)
hawk

general_neo
UB Addicted Member

Post by general_neo » 23 May 2006, 7:25 pm

Too long and boring !!
Deleted
Last edited by general_neo on 02 Jun 2006, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 23 May 2006, 8:53 pm

I would say, the so called 'one guy' must choose to decide his team!!!
Currently, we require people who could do good articles (using their own words and good grammar as much as possible.) We need a new taste and style in analysing the cars. If any one of you could help with that, it will very much be appreciated and you'll get full credits on the article page. (Of course, this also includes your share of UB money.)

:D
By the way I was talkin of a big time car show in my last post!!!
Not the regular meets that has been happening..
As I said, you mostly see the same cars at car shows held around the country. That is, if we get Low Riders to attend our Meets, it would already be like a car show since they have the most impressive group of some massively tuned cars/trucks.

A big time car show? Yeah sure, as long as we could get permissions to put up our banners and/or play loud music in public areas. Getting the crowd is no big deal. We can work on this.
so if v c sum guys really intrested cars n hav gud mods how abt talk to them..
That would be of great support from you guys. However, you need to be sure about what kind of cars we're looking for. We wants cars modified in either of the teo areas: Engine or Exterior. Highly-tuned engines compensate for the bad exterior. Similarly, exteriors like this don't even demand the engine to be modified. In other words, look for cars that are maintained the best. Fake bodykits, rims that don't match the car, ugly stickers etc. is not what we're looking for.

Any car could make upto the Photo Gallery but in order to convince us to Feature the car, it has to be carefully tuned in terms of the engine as well as the exterior.
i m makinga site for my cousin how abt putting up an add of this forum..
Appreciated! Thanks for the effort!
how abt if v get really cool snaps n he puts them on his magazine editions..
Good suggestion. His name is Abdullah. He's the editor of Arabia Motors magazine in Bahrain. Lets see if he likes the offer.
We need to accepted as a mass communty and for the we need a team of guys who represents and stands up for the team.
Representing UAE Boost by putting up stickers on your cars in one way of doing it. Since most of the population is Arab (who may not appreciate any outside interference in their routines), trying to be a part of the illegal street racing scene here is not as easy as one would think. Some of our users have had experiences racing with the local guys who complain to the cops when they're not mature enough to admit the defeat.

We will definately have a team that will represent UAE Boost. It does not have to be a group of street racers particularly as we all have different tastes and styles about our cars. As far as we share common interests and ideas... even animals can have a team.