Help UAEBoost BOOST more!!

Feel like giving us a hand?
Post your suggestions here.
Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 28 May 2006, 11:10 pm

u didn get my point sam , or i should be more specific ... its like i wont get snapes or sumthing ... i'll just distribute sorts of like leaflets u know .. so jus that ppl livin here get aware of wuts happin in emirates isnt it ? .. and u know when even one comes visit us , so he goes n tells his friends .. that how its work isnt it , n thats how u av got 350 memebers rite .. so wut basically i say lets use people as a source of advertisement..

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 28 May 2006, 11:55 pm

Thats a great idea man.If everyone would do at least a bit of advertising like even just telling their friends who is intrested in this stuff(tuning,race and etc...) then we will get alot more pepz.
But let me ask you one question.What do u people wana do?More members,get recognised as a club or......?I still dont get it. :?

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 29 May 2006, 12:01 am

grayfox666 wrote:What do u people wana do?
yeah, I still think that's maybe a good starting point. We have a wide range of members (in way of age, ...) just see what the common driving force is..

And work on that.

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 29 May 2006, 11:03 am

Nismo wrote:u didn get my point sam , or i should be more specific ... its like i wont get snapes or sumthing ... i'll just distribute sorts of like leaflets u know .. so jus that ppl livin here get aware of wuts happin in emirates isnt it ? .. and u know when even one comes visit us , so he goes n tells his friends .. that how its work isnt it , n thats how u av got 350 memebers rite .. so wut basically i say lets use people as a source of advertisement..
Okay Nismo.. I got your point now :) Well, if you could really do that for UAE Boost, I guess it won't be long when our memberlist exceeds 500 easily. I will really appreciate that! Plus, now that the TOTB '06 was held in here, I guess more and more people are looking for sources to get familiar with the import racing scene here in the Emirates. As we do partly cover some of that here on UAE Boost, people awareness of such a community will definately boost our community and help us to grow!
But let me ask you one question.What do u people wana do?More members,get recognised as a club or......?
Like I said earlier, due to the recent Members Meet (which turned out to be more of a Car Show), we actually lost the main aim of holding our meets, i.e. to know each other and form a group. We will form a group that will represent UAE Boost in any way possible. By putting stickers on your cars, you help to promote (your) UAE Boost community. Hence, if we're able to work together to form a good team/club, we might as well start representing UAE Boost in upcoming events too.

Therefore, we should work together to form a good team and allow as many more people as possible to join in as well and promote our community (which is already big enough to be recognized as a Club.)

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 29 May 2006, 3:02 pm

By upcoming events u mean drift,drag,handling,car shows tournaments and stuff?In that case we need a group of cars that are really tuned for those events.
Anyways if there is something i will be able to do, count me in, im fully on board.Like giving out flyers(whatever its called) and stuff. :P :)

general_neo
UB Addicted Member

Post by general_neo » 29 May 2006, 4:00 pm

Too long and boring !!
Deleted
Last edited by general_neo on 02 Jun 2006, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 29 May 2006, 5:56 pm

But then we should maybe all sit down, and think what way to do it.

I mean, Sam has a lot of work on his hands.. maybe he can dedicate certain people to do something. Like, person X and Y are responsible for the meetings.. to think out the entire plan. Date, time, place and program. And appoint some more moderators.

Then the site, as I said..

make the site more interactive.

Now people go to the website.. I guess 60% doesn't notice the "forums" link.. and besides a bunch of pictures of cars, the website (w/o the forums) has very little to offer. Make the site more interactive.

Because, seing uaetuner as competition.. they have 29 "member cars". yes, a stock xA doesn't do it for me, but it attracts people to put the car onto there.. If they become a good looking website, with a good forum and such.. Then I'm afraid members from UAEBoost will slowly go there..

Therefore, we should sit together, and think about what way to go. Even we don't have to sit, but discuss it over MSN, Skype, PM's, Email..

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 29 May 2006, 6:16 pm

Alright Alright! I got your points! You guys wanna be the mods in here huh? I see. For how much do you think you'll be able to bribe me? Hehehe.

New Moderators:
Anyways, Jokes aside. I'll appoint a *group* of users who will be responsible for the Members Meets (time, location, date, program etc.) May be a few more responsibilities included, you'll be informed accordingly.

Aritcle-Writing:
The main job is the article-writing which, I think, I enjoy the most doing it and will be able to handle it myself, with as little help from the users as possible.

More Interactive:
Me and Mikeh discussed about a lot of things at the Meet. So, I'll be starting work on that very soon and InshAllah, we'll have a much more interactive website in few coming months.

I'll make a call for the new Mods. Get ready! :)

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 29 May 2006, 7:29 pm

so sam who all can apply for it?
hawk

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 01 Jun 2006, 7:05 pm

halu ppl
mes having 1 idea dunt no if sum 1 suggested it before or not

like u no the white shirts ppl get n print on em
how abt the UAEBOOST written on it on the right hand and front a small real small tiny1
n the bak a real huge UAEBOOST

hawk

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 01 Jun 2006, 7:43 pm

I know tshirts was once an option.. But never realized

Well, who would buy a tshirt, and pay up front?

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 04 Jun 2006, 10:56 am

mikeh wrote:Well, who would buy a tshirt, and pay up front?
At this stage, I think T-Shirts should be restricted to Members only. If we prove successful, may be one of us could even open up a UAE Boost Clothing shop..? hehe..

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 04 Jun 2006, 11:15 am

Hey I'd buy a shirt, if it looked good! :)

Word of mouth works best:

That's how I found this place... Now i'm spreading the word and trying to get my friend who has a Tib to join as well as two eclipse guys... Whether they join or not is not the point, but at least they know uaeboost is out there. :)

Alpha
Adminstrator

Post by Alpha » 04 Jun 2006, 4:44 pm

Sparky wrote:Now i'm spreading the word and trying to get my friend who has a Tib to join as well as two eclipse guys... Whether they join or not is not the point, but at least they know uaeboost is out there. :)
Thanks a lot man :D

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 04 Jun 2006, 5:06 pm

Sam wrote:I think T-Shirts should be restricted to Members only.
Of course, goes without saying.. But we should get a quote for a number of tshirts..