Hybrid Cars in UAE.

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 15 Apr 2010, 6:17 pm

Guys i have an assignment to do and its on Hybrid Cars and if there are in UAE, if not then in GCC.

Guys please help me out with some links to some source of information which can help me out.

I dont think there are any hybrid cars in UAE as of yet, may be i am wrong but are there any models coming soon ? What about other GCC countries ? are there any hybrid cars out there in any of them ?

I need to submit this assignment on sunday. If you all could help me out by just filling in some information which might be helpful to my assignment would be greatly appreciated.

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 15 Apr 2010, 7:03 pm

TYPICAL USELESS INDIAN STUDENT :P ( im the same ) ... last minute work n then going around asking for help :P ... dude TAHOE hybrid taxis r out here already ... search em !!!

kartoos100
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:08 IS300 + 05 Civic

Post by kartoos100 » 15 Apr 2010, 7:07 pm

There are definitely Hybrid cars in the UAE. The RTA have a few Taxis. I believe they are the Chevrolet Tahoe. I have seen a few around Dubai with grass like designs on them. I am not entirely sure if there are Camry Hybrids in use here. Also, there are a lot of CNG or LPG vehicles being used by the Sharjah Municipality. I am not sure if you would consider them hybrids.

There is also the Lexus LS600H which is available in the UAE. This is a hybrid which have gained some momentum around the world.

The popularity of these vehicles are quite low due to the fact that fuel is relatively cheap in UAE compared to the world. the rest of the GCC have even cheaper fuel prices and the possibility of these hybrids being used in other GCC countries are next to nil.

Sorry I couldn't help better

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 15 Apr 2010, 7:11 pm

Camry Hybrids are in town. Seen them myself.

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 15 Apr 2010, 9:10 pm

hk20 wrote:Guys i have an assignment to do and its on Hybrid Cars and if there are in UAE, if not then in GCC.

Guys please help me out with some links to some source of information which can help me out.

I dont think there are any hybrid cars in UAE as of yet, may be i am wrong but are there any models coming soon ? What about other GCC countries ? are there any hybrid cars out there in any of them ?

I need to submit this assignment on sunday. If you all could help me out by just filling in some information which might be helpful to my assignment would be greatly appreciated.

:razz: :razz:
I'm doing a similar assignment right now,its on conventional fuel vs hybrid but have to support the latter.Have to think like a homo,consider the carbon footprints of different kinds and provide stoichometric values.
F-M-L
Yeah RTA has Tahoes while the SEWA has CNG converted Jimmys.

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 16 Apr 2010, 12:03 am

Okay ill give you a little aid in your assignment, just some pointers to think about...

As an avg. consumer in the uae i need something that is reasonably priced and easy on the pocket so it can get me from a-b comfortably without any problems... Along with the fact i want it to be economic but just 1 thing: WHY would i need to buy a hybrid car from the 1st place here? I mean i wont pay some extra aed 10-20K on a car's price to get it as a hybrid for the sake of fuel economy... Id rather get some luxury options instead... Fuel is cheap here anyways...

+ battery powered cars like GM's EV1 (correct me if thats what they call it) was an efficent city car.. soo perfect that i would make carmakers lose money as it doesnt need much maintenance and spare parts.. Why on earth would i want to get a complicated hybrid drive technology in my car?

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 16 Apr 2010, 4:56 am

Found this while doing my report,might help
http://www.ameinfo.com/174251.html

hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 16 Apr 2010, 8:52 am

Thanks a lot guys for the information :)

denver
UB Junior Member

Post by denver » 29 Apr 2010, 7:54 pm

hybrid cars wll be a good option since the price of petrol is goin up.

sharky
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2006 Honda Civic

Post by sharky » 15 Oct 2010, 11:01 pm

denver wrote:hybrid cars wll be a good option since the price of petrol is goin up.
diesel cars work for me.
in the philippines my family has a diesel-powered isuzu crosswind. it's got a turbo too. and with a full tank it can go on an almost 12 to 14-hour trip without refueling.
my dream car there is actually the ford focus turbo diesel.