can you help me in choosing my next car?

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 17 Aug 2010, 10:57 pm

PLS BUY THE CLIO !!! or the GTI ... but drop the eclispe idea PLS !!!

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 17 Aug 2010, 11:40 pm

Guys, do u really think that the 3.5 Altima SEDAN is faster than the Eclipse?! :arrow:
If u saw it on the internet, then the 3.5 Altima they're talking about is the coupe, and its not faster than the eclipse, its almost as fast as the eclipse or 0.1 second faster. the Altima COUPE does 0-100 in 7.2 seconds. and the eclipse does it in 7.3 seconds (and i got the data from the 2011 Altima COUPE model). and about the model of the eclipse, I guess you r right, it will be 2 years old.. But it doesn't really worth getting the 2011 one, there's nothing different, and i don't think I will sell this car, at least im not planning to sell it in less than 5 years.. I like the Clio, but the fact that it is French actually scares me! :? I heared some really bad stories about French cars..

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 18 Aug 2010, 12:15 am

kartoos100 wrote:I dont quite understand how people come to the point that smaller engines offer better mileage. Having owned a 2.0L Alfa Romeo and now a 3.0L Lexus I definitely say the 2.0L used to cost me more per km. The fuel tanks might be smaller and you might end up paying less while filling up but it doesnt necessarily mean you are using lesser fuel.

Please understand that I am taking the case of the high revving 2.0L four cylinders vs V6 engines.

So for the OP the Clio will not give you better mileage but will definitely put a grin on your face at the stop lights. It will go around corners really good. The Eclipse not so much cos it doesn't really have what it takes to be a sports car. Its a poser, a wannabe. With the resale value you sit the same with both the cars.

If I was about to take the decision with this budget I would definitely get the Golf GTI. Trust me dude. That is a much better car than Clio or the Eclipse.
You are right on your other points but the Clio does return better mileage compared to the Eclipse.
The GTi is above his budget and the Clio is on par with the GTi in terms of performance and costs 35k less.
Mr.HacKeR wrote:Guys, do u really think that the 3.5 Altima SEDAN is faster than the Eclipse?! :arrow:
If u saw it on the internet, then the 3.5 Altima they're talking about is the coupe, and its not faster than the eclipse, its almost as fast as the eclipse or 0.1 second faster. the Altima COUPE does 0-100 in 7.2 seconds. and the eclipse does it in 7.3 seconds (and i got the data from the 2011 Altima COUPE model). and about the model of the eclipse, I guess you r right, it will be 2 years old.. But it doesn't really worth getting the 2011 one, there's nothing different, and i don't think I will sell this car, at least im not planning to sell it in less than 5 years.. I like the Clio, but the fact that it is French actually scares me! :? I heared some really bad stories about French cars..
Nissan Altima sedan is faster than the Eclipse.
Eclipse V6 auto takes 7.8s to 100.
These milliseconds don't really matter in real life.

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 18 Aug 2010, 12:20 am

I duno what to say, but i don't think it is really faster, but guys there's the Seat Leon Cupra.. I duno how much it costs, but it must be around 85 - 90 K. AND IT GOT TURBO!! but still FRENCH :arrow:

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 18 Aug 2010, 12:25 am

trust me Eclipse is the best option ... ......
Fuel aww come on its not that hard too .... my Altima gives better mileage than my Accord :razz:
Mitsubishi has a Name atleast more than renault
you tell your friends what car you have you say '' its a renault its a clio "
they will reply " WHAT ? what car is that :razz: "

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 18 Aug 2010, 12:33 am

LOL :|
ya im REALLY CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!! I WENT TO ALMOST ALL THE SHOWROOMS IN DXB!! i know the eclipse is the best option, but man after i went to that clio test drive, i fell for it.. i wish i never went there!! i just love its LOUD noise and its incredible power.
I don't want to buy something that i may regret later, the car im going to buy will stay with me for at least 5 years hopefully.
im going to test drive the V6 eclipse tomorrow, luckely i went to Mitsu showroom, the one next to CCD and they have the V6 for test drive, the 1 I used to go to is the one in Sheikh Zayed Rd. they only have the 4 Cylinder car for test driving, and many ppl say that the 4 Cylinder eclipse sucks, so ill just go to the test drive tomorrow and im positive that its going to impress me :roll: "Fingers Crossed!!"
the most important thing is the noise! im addicted to ENGINE noise! :!:
Last edited by Mr.HacKeR on 18 Aug 2010, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

TNT
UB Super Member

Post by TNT » 18 Aug 2010, 12:34 am

Mr.HacKeR wrote:I duno what to say, but i don't think it is really faster, but guys there's the Seat Leon Cupra.. I duno how much it costs, but it must be around 85 - 90 K. AND IT GOT TURBO!! but still FRENCH :arrow:
Seat is from Spain. But their cars are based on VWs.

TNT
UB Super Member

Post by TNT » 18 Aug 2010, 12:35 am

You can always make your Eclipse noisier.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 18 Aug 2010, 12:41 am

If an Infiniti G35 can beat the Eclipse, an Altima surely can, it's got the same VQ35 engine, and a lighter body. But this thread isn't about what the Eclipse can beat or not, it's about what you like, and your preferences.

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 18 Aug 2010, 12:43 am

ya your right! Seat is from spain!! (Y) I keep thinking of it as a french car... dunno why though...
well if you make it noisier you will be in legal/illegal issues, and I don't really want that..
so I'll see what happens tomorrow
Peace

hater999
UB Advanced Member

Post by hater999 » 18 Aug 2010, 12:50 am

Poor Guy, all he wanted was a nice simple car and we dragged it to 5+ pages. :grin:
Anyway, I'd recommend you the Seat or the Eclipse.

AccordTuner
UB Special Member

Post by AccordTuner » 18 Aug 2010, 12:54 am

is he related to OZI any way :grin: i hope he buys a car soon or it will go till 28 pages :wink:

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 18 Aug 2010, 1:34 am

Test drive both cars... And based on that buy the car u like.. its not easy but its not worth confusing yourself... See what you need and see what you like and then chose and call it a day.. No car is perfect..

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 18 Aug 2010, 1:45 am

CLIO FTW .... renault USED to suck ... until my cousin bought the megane hatchback n serviced it regularly wid the dealer ... bulletproof ....take the clio... king kenny is evident u wont regret it !!!

AccordTuner
UB Special Member

Post by AccordTuner » 18 Aug 2010, 1:48 am

no offense but the Renault Megane's back looks like a over-sized A** :razz: