Market Price: HOW MUCH ??

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 27 Oct 2010, 2:53 pm

I was thinking that instead of having a lot of people making a hell number of threads on the market price of a particular car with its condition, we could have a single thread with all queries pouring in so everyone can get their answers.

let me be the first one anyway.

I am on the look out for buying a car, My first choice is always a Honda so i was looking for Honda Civic EK HB/coupe.

I found one, a friend's 96 Honda Civic HB. Its got the type R lip kit, fogs, stock external and engine. Its Auto. Done about 190K kms. Got Kenwood HU, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, Subwoofer. As for performance mods coilovers are there installed on the car. He is selling it now for 11k inorder to upgrade to SiR.

Is the price right ? or can i get a stock EK cheaper outside and do the above mods and still be less than 11k ? Im confused if i should buy this EK or get something else and do the mods like coilovers, lipkits, sound etc.

Please give your input.

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 27 Oct 2010, 4:49 pm

you can probably get a stock EK for 8-9k, which will be fully abused... i say 11k is fine with all those extras and if its not screwed ,go for it (Y)

allthough you'll regret the auto gear later.. and making it manual will be too expensive
if ur jus looking for a car that looks good this is the best deal i guess...
dont spend too much on engine mods coz it will be pretty much useless with auto :roll:

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 27 Oct 2010, 10:18 pm

I dunno most Japanese cars esp. those Hondas have tough resale value... Some of them are heavily abused and still sell for expensive... Plus i started to see that nobody sells an old honda unless it not serving its purpose as a 'honda'.

I say go to manual from the 1st place... Find a clean well maintained one and inspect every single bolt on it to know your spending your hard earned money on a car that doesnt lose that much value...

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 27 Oct 2010, 11:19 pm

Doesn't sound good.

hk20
UB Advanced Member

Post by hk20 » 27 Oct 2010, 11:23 pm

Main reason why i am going for an auto one, because i have an auto license !! and my dad wouldnt let me get a manual one without a manual license !! As for now im still a student and yet to graduate in about 7-8 months. So at the time being im not looking for much mods. My aim is keep it JDM, simple clean. So the mods i would go for would be a 99-00 conversion of the front end, type R spoiler, some lightweight nice rims. and may be a CF hood. In the future i plan to do a swap, that future is still uncertain when though, so this kind of setup would be what i can look for. But i am still keeping my options open before i jump into this car.

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 27 Oct 2010, 11:28 pm

Sounds good but you answered it yourself. Look out for other options.

hk20
UB Advanced Member

Post by hk20 » 27 Oct 2010, 11:30 pm

^Thanks bro :) . And please do update me with other EK HB for sale :)

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 31 Oct 2010, 5:35 pm

i guess u will buy it under ur dads name..being a 2 door and u being under 21 i assume insurance will b high.. just keep buggin him untill he says YES to manual lol.. aslong as ur dad has a manual license, u can drive it.. no ones gonna check!! its worth it bro, tranny swap will cost tons.. if ur lookin for auto, why not jus buy some powerfull sedan.. like 3.5 altima or 2005+ accords (Y) you can always buy a civic in the future when ur buyin wit ur own money.. and ur dads not gonna stop u from buyin manual :grin:

hk20
UB Advanced Member

Post by hk20 » 31 Oct 2010, 6:32 pm

^ I have tried convincing him a lot for manual . Not happening !! If he lets me get a manual then i would definitely go for a manual one. I will turn 21 in about 4 months though. Alhamdulilah my license is clean no fines, radars, black points, accidents nothing for all these 3 years of renewing license.

I dont want to go for any powerful high powered engine cars at the moment considering that the petrol prices are pretty steep and the expenses would be really high and cant afford to do that to my dad to get me something really powerful. At the moment i have been saving up money to buy the car and its currently sufficient enough to buy a honda civic HB.

My dad has a manual license and stuff and not a problem to register in his name. But these days the cops are interested in giving fines as if like they are giving chocolates to kids for free !!
O:T:
About a month back i was stopped at night near my house while searching for parking by cops, they were doing the periodic license,mulkiya, pataka checking. I gave them all the IDs but still something was there and i went to the cop guy sitting in the car and i saw that he already had written some fine in a paper. He asked me what i was doing , i spoke to him nicely and showed him my building where i was staying and told him i was searching for parking there. He being a nice guy tore the fine infront of me and let me go. :)

BTW how much should the above Civic HB's price be ? Im talking about my 1st post Civic HB.

HMD
UB Addicted Member

Post by HMD » 31 Oct 2010, 8:29 pm

i buy civic 96 coupe 8000 with stock engine and manual gear

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 31 Oct 2010, 10:00 pm

Hey man ... long time .... since u might no already im not much of a honda guy ... n i think all guys driving honda shud b stoned to DEATH!!! BUY HYUNDAI !!! ... yes tht includes u too accord98 ... ok kidding LOL ... :grin: but i have a friend ... who is selling a honda civic ... sorry i have no idea wat UB HB pencil engine it has ... but i think he might let it go for cheap !!! if u have my no. call me ! if u dont ... lemme no ill pm u ... n ill link u up wid him ...

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 01 Nov 2010, 12:16 am

@ HMD : dude where did u get a civic HB for tht price?

Lemme knw the place I'll start hunting right away

thnx

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 01 Nov 2010, 12:30 am

a good choice of car for a Start ....

try and get tht civic for 10K ... bargain as much as u can.
i think u should get it .... 190kms is high, but not high for the D series engines. Those Engines are S*** strong.

get it, cheap to play with here and there, will look good as well if parts r carefully chosen - fuel is really good....

wht color is it ?

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 01 Nov 2010, 12:35 am

civic price should be 6k - 7k maxxxxx

hk20
UB Advanced Member

Post by hk20 » 01 Nov 2010, 9:13 pm

@Rogue - i am looking for Honda Civic Hb = Hatchback year model 96-00.

@Eleanor - Ya i will try bargaining it to 10k or even lower. His HB is Red in colour.

@AT- Find me one cheap !! :D