HONDA CIVIC vs NISSAN ALTIMA

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
snotcher
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2007 Toyota RAV4

Post by snotcher » 24 Feb 2013, 4:24 pm

Hi there UAE BOOSTERS,

i need some help on deciding which one is better. i would like to buy a used car. i was looking on this two cars Honda Civic 2006 or higher and Nissan Altima 2008 or Higher. I would like to have a sporty, less maintenance cost, good resale value, spare parts availability and less cost, better performance, and the one that i can modify after. by the way my budget is 25k aed. thank you all in advance.

UnKnOwN x
UB Addicted Member

Post by UnKnOwN x » 26 Feb 2013, 11:15 pm

well your comparing it with a different class completely..civic's cant be compared to altima's .. accords do.. still to a civic - lesser costs etc.

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 27 Feb 2013, 3:37 am

snotcher wrote:Hi there UAE BOOSTERS,

i need some help on deciding which one is better. i would like to buy a used car. i was looking on this two cars Honda Civic 2006 or higher and Nissan Altima 2008 or Higher. I would like to have a sporty, less maintenance cost, good resale value, spare parts availability and less cost, better performance, and the one that i can modify after. by the way my budget is 25k aed. thank you all in advance.
Both are Ugly as F**k & Underpowered FWD's. :arrow:
Whats the obsession with "2008+ or 2010+" It dosen't make a difference, Used Car is Used Car let it be 2008 or 1990... Just get a Top Spec performance All-Rounder car, Like Lexus GS or IS early 2000 models. They are worth it, and will come in your Budget with Top of the Range Performance + Luxury!

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 27 Feb 2013, 4:20 am

Tribal wrote:
snotcher wrote:Hi there UAE BOOSTERS,

Both are Ugly as F**k & Underpowered FWD's. :arrow:
Whats the obsession with "2008+ or 2010+" It dosen't make a difference, Used Car is Used Car let it be 2008 or 1990... Just get a Top Spec performance All-Rounder car, Like Lexus GS or IS early 2000 models. They are worth it, and will come in your Budget with Top of the Range Performance + Luxury!
Performance and Cost are two different things...obviously cant have both...

decide THAT and you'l automatically have the answer

Havio
UB Junior Member

Post by Havio » 15 Mar 2013, 8:14 pm

Yes i agree with the rest of the guys. Firstly, they both can't be compared though but Civic i think is better than Altima as per specs. Secondly, you can get a much better option into your budget. As said, Lexus might be a great option even the Audi or BMW. But Audi requires a little more for maintenance though. So, i say have a more watch on car options, then go for a decision. Good Luck...!!

Dzenky
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:S2kT

Post by Dzenky » 16 Mar 2013, 2:05 am

This is even a question? Civic all day long!
hey guys why you compare cars from different category?
lexus 2000? again civic its the winner in the description cheap,strong car! lexus/bmw/audi will be have much more expensive maintenance,higher fuel consumption if you need to replace parts you will cry :(
fwd? So many civic kills powerful rwd BMW/merc.
Many people write this is better this is better but very few can said: i have this cars and yes this is that and this is what you looking for ;)

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 16 Mar 2013, 4:07 am

Dzenky wrote:fwd? So many civic kills powerful rwd BMW/merc.
Many people write this is better this is better but very few can said: i have this cars and yes this is that and this is what you looking for ;)
I didn't mean any disrespect to proper civics or FWD's.. the old ones and type r's I respect, but these new FD's, I'm sorry to say but it is just in the same class as a yaris or aveo rent a car. its not worth spending 25k on it just cause its 'new'.. maybe it can look good with some visual mods, but performance.. only way it would be fast is if it had a K-series swap, which I'm pretty sure the OP is not going to do. thats why I suggested Lexus or something bit older, because he can get alot more out of his 25k budget. :smile:

UnKnOwN x
UB Addicted Member

Post by UnKnOwN x » 16 Mar 2013, 10:45 pm

Get a GS , top it up with a 2jzgte and the beast is ready (Y)